Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f24/trail...r-54838-2.html

Is this the thread?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Possum & Jetdoc

Yes that is the thread. As stated in my earlier post this is a very large thread and would take some time to really read all of it, but it would help anyone considering some of these MH's that have had this trailing arm problem. The problem is all related to the RR4R Roadmaster Chassis.

The better place to view would be the SOURCE ENG web site to see the pictures of the questionable arms and their better arms. There are some very interesting video's on their site.

I wish I had seen all this prior to trading up to my current DP from my gas MH back in 2007. I would not have bought the 2007 Neptune that I now have invested a massive amount of money to get this unit to be safe and enjoyable to drive. The "Trailing Arms" issue is really a safety issue and should be addressed by any owner or dealer selling any of the affected RR4R MH's that were produced by MONACO under the MONACO / HR / SAFARI name plate or badge.

Again this issue has been discussed greatly in that thread and in the Monaco Owners Forum here in IRv2. Do a search on "Trailing Arms" and you should find all the threads involved

Good Luck and be safe out there when driving.
Bill
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #17

Great thread on the trailing arms. My salesman was a bit confused when I showed up with my creeper. But this unit does have the heavy duty ones installed. After a test drive, this MH drives so much better than the georgie boy. I know it's not apple's to apples. But man was that a sweet driving machine no swaying or tipping even in 25 kt winds. So this will be in my barn come Monday. Thanks again Bill.
jetdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 AM   #18

2007 holiday rambler
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1402061014199.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	64746  
Old 06-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like a nice rig, enjoy it.
DegoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Jetdoc

Looks like a nice coach You got the same color as mine. What they called back in 2007 as the "GREAT LAKES" scheme.

Glad to hear that the Trailing Arms seem to be the heavy duty units. That is good. I would be curious to see if there is any documentation from the prior owner, to see if they installed the SOURCE ENG arms. Of course if your dealer took this unit in trade he probably would not have kept any of those records. "Just the way they play the game" Anyways enjoy the rig and be safe out there when driving.

Again a nice looking coach.
Bill
bkphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #21

I asked about maintenance records but the dealer said they didn't have. As per the Chassis thread with pics of the weak and strong arms. Mine has the strong straight ones with lots of welded plates to strengthen them. A huge upgrade from the weak curved unit. We are looking forward to breaking this unit in. Only 22000 miles so not too much use for it so far.

Tags
diesel