Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 02:17 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
THOR ACE 27.1 cigarette lighter power failure

Looking for help or info on a power failure of all 3 cigarette lighter power adapters. The adapter came unscrewed from use and I believe the wires touched which I imagine blew the fuse. Contacted Thor and they advised it was fuse #17 on chassis box but I checked and even replaced the 5 amp fuse and it didn't help. Checked all fuses in chassis box and inverter and none are blown. Is there another fuse box on this rv? Anyone else have this issue?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check under your hood. Thor may have put the Battery Control Center on the firewall. Should be a fuse diagram under the cover.

06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctouring View Post
Looking for help or info on a power failure of all 3 cigarette lighter power adapters. The adapter came unscrewed from use and I believe the wires touched which I imagine blew the fuse. Contacted Thor and they advised it was fuse #17 on chassis box but I checked and even replaced the 5 amp fuse and it didn't help. Checked all fuses in chassis box and inverter and none are blown. Is there another fuse box on this rv? Anyone else have this issue?
I discounted one of my cigarette to provide 12 v to my power shades on the front window. Now I have no dash instrument lights. Are your dash lights still working.
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Thanks mgscott4! I am out town away from RV but will check when I get back. I am a little concerned that Thor customer service couldn't properly direct me. I also concerned since I currently have it in for service at Camping World and they think there is a fuse box in a storage compartment (which I have separately keyed and didn't provide to them in order to secure my possessions). It is still under warranty (allegedly) but last time I took it to Camping World for warranty service they were unable to get Thor authorization for a couple items and I had to pay. Don't want to pay $90 for someone to change a fuse.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
adonh,
Yes, dash lights working. My problem started when the lighter base came unscrewed from use (plugging/unplugging DC adapters) and apparently the wires from the upper touched the wires from the lower. It killed all 3 (including one in passenger foldout desk). I figure they wired them together and it has to be a fuse but am learning about some of the quality issues with Thor that others have posted. Really like the floor plan and other options on this RV but not impressed with quality. Maybe I am expecting too much, it's my first motor coach. I guess you get what you pay for.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #6

You might want to also post this in the Thor Owners Forum. It is in one of the drop down menus near the top of the page - Owners Forums. There are some very knowledgeable and handy guys that can probably help that hang out over there.
Oh -
Old 02-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Thanks Lisa W! New to the site so still trying to figure out the best ways to communicate, blog, forums, etc. I will research how to get it over there.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #8

I'm a newbie with an ACE 27.1. I had blown the lighter fuse and it took me a long time to find it. On the firewall, above the radiator, there is a black box labeled "power dist. Box." On the right side towards the bottom is a latch. Open the box and you will find the fuses that Ford supplied for themDash. In the ford manual, the fuse is labeled and it is correct in their document. Thor also has a fuse box on the far right of the firewall, to the left of the brake pedal and on the power conversion module on the sofa. Hope this helps?

Dave
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Great! Thanks Dave! I should have came here before giving it to the mechanics to figure out. I'll dig into next week when I get back. Were yours wired the same with all three failing on the one fuse?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #10

Yes, all 3 lighters are on the same fuse. The "power dist. Box" has large fuses in it. Just remember the latch to open the PDB is on the lower right side.

Tags
power, thor