Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Take a long look at the Tiffin Breeze.

Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #16

Tiffin was a consideration until you pull out your checkbook, ouch!!. For a smaller coach yes the tiffin is nice, as it should be for the many extra coin needed.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #17

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
The Breeze has a Diesel engine with air ride suspension, and the cabinets are not made out of paper.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #18

Hmmm, i'd debate that statement about "Paper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
The Breeze has a Diesel engine with air ride suspension, and the cabinets are not made out of paper.

I'd suggest taking a closer look at some of the competitors. The wood used in Tiffin would be the same used in the Fleetwood and others, not all but many of their competitors use the same materials. There are many grades of materials used. Price of materials is based on grades and weights. I was in the RV manufacturing industry for over 25 years, you would be surprised that many of the high end coaches use the exact same materials as everyone else. The boating industry is a great example, you pay a lot more for a name, same in the motor coach industry.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #19

Don't get me wrong... The breeze is a beautiful pusher. However, the main difference between the Breeze and the other coaches written about, besides the cost and being a diesel, is that there is no drop down bed over the cab. This is a big deal, I believe, when looking to purchase a class A RV and you have kids.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer
Take a long look at the Tiffin Breeze. The Breeze has a Diesel engine with air ride suspension, and the cabinets are not made out of paper.
wmpbauer, at first I was like wow, did not realize Tiffen made products in this category, so I went and checked them out. Then I was like holy $h**, these things are $180K-$200K. wmpbauer, you do realize that the ACE product is a $67K to $80k rig right? With the extra $100K plus that is saved you could have replaced all the cabinets and the entire interior of the coach and still have gas money to travel for the next 5 years. Not to mention the Tiffen does not have the front drop down bed which is a must for those of us with families who don't want to turn our dining room table and couch into sleeping area's every night then have to put it all away every morning to use, then take it all apart every evening again.

Lets face it, Thor created a whole new product line of MH, and it has been a huge success. The FR3 looks like a great rig, its almost identical to the ACE 30.1. I had not looked at the Fleetwood Storm before this thread, and that also looks like a great rig, but it appears as though it costs around $100K, which really does not put it in the same category as the ACE. For $100K you are really comparing the Storm to the Thor Hurricane/Windsport which is in that $85K to $100K price range.

I would agree and disagree with the size of the beds gripe. The overhead bed in the ACE works just fine, my 13 year old son sleeps up there and he is 5'-8", and it will hold a lot more than 250 lbs. However, the sofa bed and dinning bed are way too small, they are only able to accommodate 5'-2" and smaller, which is just too small for anything other than little kids.

We have an ACE and really like it, however we are thinking of getting a little bigger rig around the 34 ft range with a little more space here and there. The bed size is something we are definitely looking at, as it is something we really did not look at before. IF we do end up getting a new rig, we still be be in the $90K and under range, no way does the 2 or 3 uses a year make it worth spending over $100K.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #21

DegoRed, you're correct for most of your comments. The prices for the Hurricane, Storm, ACE, FR3, Vista, Pursuit are all nominal. I was looking for over a year and found all of the listed coaches I could purchase for around the same price (after negotiating) from various dealers, all 2013 or 2014 models. So I would place them in the same price category.

For example: I was comparing a new 2013 Hurricane to a new 2014 ACE, pretty close in price.

I always feel I can negotiate a deal once I zero in on the exact unit I want, it may mean a plane flight and drive, but i'd still save money.

I would agree the Tiffin isn't, or shouldn't be in the same discussion.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #22

Looking at the Storm vs. a 31/32 ft. Class C with a bunk like the Jamboree or Tioga. Any thoughts on the major differences?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #23

The Storm 32BH has bunks. The Class A will provide more interior room and once you're sitting behind the big front windshield the views are amazing compared to the class C. The turning radius on the Class A is half of the class C. One big factor for us is the exterior storage, the class C's don't have near the same exterior storage, that's big if you're active like us. Our coach has 132 cu ft of exterior storage and 110 cu ft interior. Make a list of priorities that are important to you and then compare. I like to take lots of stuff, the class C didn't provide the storage I wanted. There will be trade offs once you make a list of priorities.

I went back and forth several times, my notes and list of models changed often, even from class A to C. But once I stuck to my list of priorities the decision was much easier.

After walking through and driving the class A's it was tough to go back to the class C's.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #24

We have a Storm 32bh. Got it because we have 3 adults and 3 kids that travel on weekends. I was also looking at class c bunkhouses but in the end it made the most sense for a lot of the reasons mentioned here. We use ALL our storage! We leave bunks down all the time.
Storm has been great so far, have used on a number of trips. Only advantage I see to a class c for us is if you can fit in a sprinter and get double mileage.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #25

Forgot to mention.... we have the powered overhead bed option so we don't have to break down any couch or table to sleep all 6 of us in roomy quarters. That was big for us.

Tags
thor