Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #1

Thor ACE EVO27.1 pluses and minuses

We are getting back into RV'ing after 10 years on hold. We used to pull a 28 foot TT and now are considering an ACE EVO27.1. We may buy a 2016-2014, as of yet undecided. This seems to be an entry level RV and I'm OK with that unless you tell me otherwise. What have been your experiences? Feel free to offer alternative class A.

I am interested in this unit for a few reasons:
  • Under 30 ft long so is less to handle on the road, we do not need more and also fits on my RV pad (OK its dirt/gravel but pad sounds better).
Plans
  • Trips will be a few days to 2 weeks at a time
  • I work from home about 50% of the time so it is as easy to work from the MH
  • Tow a Subaru AWD vehicle or similar when needed
Travel area and guests
  • I live in a Philly, PA suburb so will travel up and down the coast line in Spring, Summer and Fall.
  • Just my wife and I and maybe occasional guests will join - no more than 4 folks total
  • Of course, grandchildren are part of the equation
Dschwarz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 12:24 PM   #2

Welcome, we have a ACE 29.2 and love it. We have not had any major issues to date. We now have 22,000 miles on it. There has been reported problems on the maceator (if 27.1 is equipped) but also can be bypassed to regular stinky slinky. Generator issues from the past now longer apply, as the generator has been relocated towards the rear of the rig. My unit is stock and will remain as such, although others modify there units such as the cheap handling fix (chf) and 5 star tune. The above the cab electric bunk has a weight capacity of 250lbs, but can be supported for extra weight. The ACE is a great family RV with lots of built in options at an affordable price. Our adult children and Grandchildren love it so much, we can seldom travel alone.
Ted
Old 05-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Look at the Forest River FR3. When we were looking last fall, the FR3 seemed to be better built, have better floorplans and features at about the same price. We ultimately went DP and bought a 2008 model National for the same price as the new gassers. Not sure I would ever buy new. Too much depreciation.
FMCA-GOOD SAM
jstdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, thor