Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 10:07 PM   #1

Question Thor Tuscanny unknown light

Hi everyone. I just bought a Thor Tuscanny XTE 36MQ wigh washer and dryer on board. There is a "light switch" with amber light just under the switch right below the washer and dryer and next to a vent in the bedroom. I cannot for the life of me find out what that switch/light is. Does anyone know or can anyone help me find out what it is? It would be my luck that I turn on the switch and the engine will drop out of the chassis. Thanks folks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #2

Engine block heater?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:15 PM   #3

Ahhh, maybe so. I would have thoguht it was on the driver's console but it is not there so perhaps it is the block heater.....it doesn't seem to do anything else that I can tell.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:22 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie RVer View Post
Ahhh, maybe so. I would have thoguht it was on the driver's console but it is not there so perhaps it is the block heater.....it doesn't seem to do anything else that I can tell.
To confirm, flip the circuit breaker for the block heater in your 110 vac panel and then flip the switch to see if the red light comes on. On the Palazzo Thor put the block heater switch on a wall in the bedroom where it could be knocked on easily, thus owners would turn the circuit breaker off. If yours is in a position where it will not be switched on, then leave it be.
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
I have an 08 Tuscany and the block heater switch is down below washer/dryer and to the right.
markmiiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:31 AM   #6

my block heater switch is on the right side of the bed, never even knew it was there for many months because the bed covers/sheets covered it up. why it's installed there is a complete mystery, since it could have easily been installed at the foot of the bed where all the fuses and breakers are, and then the light could be seen if on. I probably had the block heater on much of the time when in Texas during the scorching summer months last year, and didn't even know it! : (

'14 FordFocus, KingTailgater2 DishHD, 200w/10a mobile SOLAR, 75,000+ miles
all continental US states, Alaska, and yes, most of Canada!
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #7

yep, that's it. and since we arenow in Breckenridge, Colo we will need it in the morning. Thanks folks!

Tags
light, thor