Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 AM   #15

But to your point, even if you buddy does have a '15 Gasser and not a '17 DP, if the customer service & execution of service still blows, nothing else really matters. So perhaps that's what I should assume with Thor products at large… IDK.[/QUOTE]

I guess in a way this was the point, the service he has had received was awful, it seems he had to fight em on some of the issues that were clearly theirs to handle.

good luck in what ever way you decide to go...
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt View Post
Hey 55Chev. Agreed 100%. I think Entegra makes just about the most competitive coach on the market right now. I work in advertising and would be willing to wager that Entegra under the Jayco umbrella will outgrow all other luxury brands over the next 2-3 years. I'm hoping they can learn from Tiffin and control their growth a bit better to avoid some of the over-saturation Tiffin is experiencing right now.

If we decide to flex our budget above the $250k mark, which it seems like we may need to do, then we will go with the Aspire 44W. National Indoor RV Centers have been outstanding at exposing us to the Entegra brand. Would love to give them our business.

Cheers!

We've looked for over two years for a motorhome to retire into and finally decided on the 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W. It is on the assembly line now. You might also give MHS2GO a look. They've been great to us and the Insignia should be in your current price range if you decide the Aspire is too much money. Good luck!
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrash View Post
We've looked for over two years for a motorhome to retire into and finally decided on the 2018 Entegra Aspire 44W. It is on the assembly line now. You might also give MHS2GO a look. They've been great to us and the Insignia should be in your current price range if you decide the Aspire is too much money. Good luck!
I think the Insignia is going to be hard to beat at their price point but in your case too long. I would guess they could be bought in the $250-260 range.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I think the Insignia is going to be hard to beat at their price point but in your case too long. I would guess they could be bought in the $250-260 range.
Agreed. That's why I think the Tuscany moreso than the Venetian is a hard sell. It's price competes with much better coaches on paper like the Entegras? At least the Venetian is substantially less, thus, justifying perhaps some corner cutting.

I had actually forgotten about the Insignia. Same 44W floor plan as the Aspire, for $40-50k less? Seems reasonable. I suppose I'll just need to figure out what the main differences are between the Insignia and Aspire now.

Maybe that's the answer. Haha. I love that I came in here looking for thoughts on Thor and Tiffin, and am now resolving myself to Entegra. Perfection.

Thanks guys!
AdamAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:36 AM   #19

Gbrash,
Check out MHSRV in Texas. When checking around, the had the best prices. Beat Lazydays by thousands and we got a $2,000 credit card.
http://www.mhsrv.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...q-shoC1yfw_wcB
one55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:00 AM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here's a post to help with that. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aspi...ia-326910.html

I am just recently out of the market (hence the new coach in my signature), but did take a very long look at Entegra before we went with American Coach.

One thing to think about -- do you want the IFS (Aspire), or would you be ok with solid front axle in the newer Insignia. Personal preference. The new Aspire has a lot of comfort/convenience-related upgrades as well that may or may not be worth the extra $$ to you (for me they would be, but again personal preference).

To further help frame this -- the Insignia is what the older Aspires were -- Entegra basically just re-badged the older Aspires as the "Insignia", and then upgraded the "new" Aspire with more bells and whistles.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #21

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In my search for a Motor home I feel that almost any brand measured up against a Thor product. The Thor would lose. Just my opinion, others my vary.
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #22

I really like the Venetian, and think that the front let down bunk is a great advantage, even if not used everyday it as an option you'll always have. While it does not reach the level of the Tuscany, the Pheaton, is also not the Allegro bus. I think either way you would be making a good choice, though, I have had great Service at Thor motorcoach Wakarusa Indiana service center. Hook ups, dump station, great waiting area, and you will have a set appointment day that they will work on your vehicle alone. You can stay there as long as you wish, and they will get the work done professionally. I can't speak to Tiffin, though I've heard rumblings of their new service center rules, and that you have wait in line, no matter how long it takes, which is too much of an unknown.

as far as Thor and their quality, I believe they have a come along way in the last five years. Just like coachman, who is not the coachman of old, especially if you've seen their diesel line sportscoach models, I think they are all well worth the money.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAnt View Post

One issue I take with Tiffin, is how they handle service back in Red Bay. #1, I have zero plan to hang out in Red Bay, nor do I want to have to, to get decent service work done. The whole show up and wait thing seems far more frustrating than valuable IMHO.
I absolutely agree with you, but I still bought a Tiffin. Being in California, with kids in school and jobs, I will probably never get to Red Bay, and no owner should have to. I am trusting in Tiffins reputation to fix any issues either with the dealer, or through remote service. That's just how it's going to have to be. Of course, I wouldn't be going to Indiana for Thor service either.

That said, I was looking at gasses not diesel pushers, but the comparison was stark while walking through them. The Tiffins were just so much better, than any Thor we tried. Though it's true the Tiffin is more expensive, so perhaps it's easy for the Tiffin to be "better". I also agree with the used market showing a "tell". We could not find any late model used Tiffins in the model we wanted that were actually less than what we paid for the new one we ordered. There was a glut of pretty much every other manufacturer (save the really nice ones, like Newmar).
wildeflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:59 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Have you compared the Phaeton 42LH to the Venetian T42? Seems to me that would be more of an apple to an apple comparison.

We have never been to (and hopefully never will) Red Bay. I've had a couple of items go wrong that I felt was beyond my "fix-it" capability and have taken my coach to the dealer once, and two other rv shops (not affiliated with Tiffin) to have warrantee problems corrected. In each case, problems were repaired/replaced with minimal disruption to us and with excellent results. I would only go to RB under the most extreme circumstances.

I have no experience with any Thor product so can't provide you with any likes or dislikes about them.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #25

Not trying to rain on your parade.. but my advice, no matter which RV you purchase..

You may want to HEAVILY factor in the dealer you purchase it from... See the link.. This one is about Thor specifically.. but I'm sure someone could chime in and produce one on Tiffin as well..

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/buye...se-331215.html

Good Luck !!
oakcreekeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by one55chev View Post
Gbrash,
Check out MHSRV in Texas. When checking around, the had the best prices. Beat Lazydays by thousands and we got a $2,000 credit card.
http://www.mhsrv.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...q-shoC1yfw_wcB

Thanks. We did check MHSRV and definitely considered them, but when it came down to our particular deal, Evan at MHS2GO was the best for us. A real straight shooter!
gbrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade.. but my advice, no matter which RV you purchase..

You may want to HEAVILY factor in the dealer you purchase it from... See the link.. This one is about Thor specifically.. but I'm sure someone could chime in and produce one on Tiffin as well..

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/buye...se-331215.html

Good Luck !!

Haha. No worries mate. We know how important the dealer choice is. Seems almost any complaint that is voiced, is steeped in either dealer disdain or applause, depending on the ending results.

It's been a little shocking for me, just how greasy some of these RV salesmen are. My favorite game is asking a question, getting the dealers BS answer and then pulling out my phone to confirm or deny the given answer.

Haha. Pretty sure we're black listed from La Mesa RV. Who is without question, one of the worst we have experienced. Lie on top of lie.

Thanks for the reminder! [emoji6]
Old 03-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildeflowers View Post
I absolutely agree with you, but I still bought a Tiffin. Being in California, with kids in school and jobs, I will probably never get to Red Bay, and no owner should have to. I am trusting in Tiffins reputation to fix any issues either with the dealer, or through remote service. That's just how it's going to have to be. Of course, I wouldn't be going to Indiana for Thor service either.

That said, I was looking at gasses not diesel pushers, but the comparison was stark while walking through them. The Tiffins were just so much better, than any Thor we tried. Though it's true the Tiffin is more expensive, so perhaps it's easy for the Tiffin to be "better". I also agree with the used market showing a "tell". We could not find any late model used Tiffins in the model we wanted that were actually less than what we paid for the new one we ordered. There was a glut of pretty much every other manufacturer (save the really nice ones, like Newmar).

All good points. And yes, it is hard to find a decently priced USED Tiffin. I think that speaks volumes. And for the most part, it seems like the service experience Tiffin owners have is separate from Tiffin, and more centric to the quality of the dealership/service center.

Thanks for the share. Appreciate it. [emoji6]

Tags
thor, tiffin