Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Those bay heaters are paying off!

It was 12 degrees here this morning and I just checked the remote thermometers for the bays. All were around 33 degrees. YAA!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/bay-heaters-149096.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #2

Are your remote thermometers wireless? If so what kind are they and where did you get them? Thanks
Old 01-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #3

Sorry....I jumped the gun and asked the question before clicking on your attachment.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #4

I think this is a great idea and I am really going to consider such a system.

About the temperature monitors, if you have three like monitors, how do they know they are different from each other. Is there some kind of channel you have to set so you are getting them to read their remote sensor and not one of the others.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post

About the temperature monitors, if you have three like monitors, how do they know they are different from each other. Is there some kind of channel you have to set so you are getting them to read their remote sensor and not one of the others.
I think three is overkill. We have one in the wet bay. That's all I monitor. Never have had a problem at a low of 15 degrees. Wet bay at 42.
KSCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
33 degF is not much margin. I'd be happier at 38 to 40 degF.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up Joe

Glad your install is working so well. I read you info blog and your discription of your build and the links. Good read and ideas. Think I may try this on my RV for next winter. The DW and I want to use ours later in the season and this may be the ticket.

Thanks for sharing

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post

WOW! How could I have been so dumb! When I installed them I assumed that when the remote sensor was powered up it automatically selected a unique frequency (channel) to communicate with the inside unit. WRONG! I just talked to tech support and they tell me that they're all on the same frequency! The three inside units could be seeing any one of the remote sensors!!!!

The only way this will work is to use three different brands of thermometers! So now I've got to throw away two of the sets and replace them with other brands. I've been in electronics all my life and I can't believe I made that stupid mistake! My bad!
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
MSHappyCampers, go to EBAY and you can by units with 2, 3, or 4 sensors and 1 base unit that will show all sensors together on 1 screen. I'll be getting the one with 4 sensors being as my fresh tank, wet bay and fresh water pump are all in 3 different basement compartments and that leaves the 4th for the outside temps.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
MSHappyCampers, go to EBAY and you can by units with 2, 3, or 4 sensors and 1 base unit that will show all sensors together on 1 screen. I'll be getting the one with 4 sensors being as my fresh tank, wet bay and fresh water pump are all in 3 different basement compartments and that leaves the 4th for the outside temps.
I searched on E-Bay and did not find a multiple remote unit. Can you give us a link? Thanks!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:54 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have one similar to this one with three remote sensors. One in the wet bay, one for outside temperature mounted in the generator open compartment and one in an over head cabinet where I have my internet router and associated equipment.
Amazon.com - La Crosse Technology WS-9160U-IT Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I have one similar to this one with three remote sensors. One in the wet bay, one for outside temperature mounted in the generator open compartment and one in an over head cabinet where I have my internet router and associated equipment.
Amazon.com - La Crosse Technology WS-9160U-IT Digital Thermometer with Indoor/Outdoor Temperature

Thanks Bob! Yep, I found that one and am now looking for the best price on it with two extra remotes!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
WOW! How could I have been so dumb! When I installed them I assumed that when the remote sensor was powered up it automatically selected a unique frequency (channel) to communicate with the inside unit. WRONG! I just talked to tech support and they tell me that they're all on the same frequency! The three inside units could be seeing any one of the remote sensors!!!!

The only way this will work is to use three different brands of thermometers! So now I've got to throw away two of the sets and replace them with other brands. I've been in electronics all my life and I can't believe I made that stupid mistake! My bad!
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. This is what message forums are for...a second or multiple brains on standby...

Now that you've checked with support, many here will not make that mistake. Money saved!!

Your system will now be perfect with separate monitors. Good work, my friend!
Old 01-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Question Question

Joe - Did you already have 110v outlets in your bays or did you add them? If you added them please explain how you did it and what you used for parts.

Thanks

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater