Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprman1 View Post
After searching and searching, I found my replacement 32s on an Amazon storefront site and paid 30 something each.

After that, I figured that I would by an emergency set and went to the same company's direct web page and paid $17 each. Free shipping.

I think the site was Autoplicity.
autoplicity.com has Anco 22-32 beam blades for $9.90. I ordered 4 to spread out the shipping cost. I'll report back when they arrive next week!
Allen_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2017, 08:06 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
for the price, please go to walmart and pickup some 28" blades, you won't notice the difference.
king yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
I wish there was a way to increase the wiper blade pressure on the windshield. Anything over 50mph and mine don't wipe off much water. Passenger side works better than driver side....of course.
Although I haven't tried this product: https://www.amazon.com/SureWipe-Univ.../dp/B00PB0YCDU it might be helpful to solve your problem.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-28-2017, 08:21 PM   #32

wiper blades

Seems likeif you use one of the suggested rain shedding products itwill help your windshield. Apply them to the blades.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Although I haven't tried this product: https://www.amazon.com/SureWipe-Univ.../dp/B00PB0YCDU it might be helpful to solve your problem.

Take care,
Stu
I just bought these plus the other suggest helper springs on Amazon. I'll report back once I get these and try them.

Thanks Stu, and remember, "Those that think they know everything there is to know about flying are particularly annoying to those of us that do."
Old 03-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
remember, "Those that think they know everything there is to know about flying are particularly annoying to those of us that do."
About 23,000 hours (all sub-sonic, so they were slower hours)...and still learning some new tricks.

Hope the helper springs work for you!

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-29-2017, 09:50 PM   #35

I didn't see an answer regarding whether the Costco or Walmart blades fit 12mm or 9mm wiper arms. My Thor A.C.E. came fitted with 32" blades on 12mm arms. I'm sure I would be satisfied with 28" blades but those I've seen for the 12mm arms are still $30 or more.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #36
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrirn View Post
I didn't see an answer regarding whether the Costco or Walmart blades fit 12mm or 9mm wiper arms. My Thor A.C.E. came fitted with 32" blades on 12mm arms. I'm sure I would be satisfied with 28" blades but those I've seen for the 12mm arms are still $30 or more.

Not sure, but I believe all those are 9mm blades.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by macandphyl View Post
X2 on switching from 32" to 28", makes virtually no difference
in your vision area, and I got mine at Costco for $ 7.95 by
Goodyear, and made in USA.
I did have to file down my arms to fit the narrower blade
slots, took about 15 minutes.
X3 Went from 32" to 28". On another thread on wiper arms the reason to go smaller besides the cost savings was to take stress off the wipers mechanicals.

I got them on Amazon here for $8.29 each a month ago (now $10.98). My J hooks were larger than what would fit but guess i was lucky that the opening where the plastic J hook holder went in fit in the new wipers, perfect fit. Just had to swap the plastic J hook holder that snapped in.

Long time lover of rainX
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:53 PM   #38

Those dang wiper blades are expensive!

My wipers last 5 years. I don't cover them. They are $80 per pair. I can afford 16 bucks per year.
That's $1.34 per month.
I like that!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:30 PM   #39

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
I wish there was a way to increase the wiper blade pressure on the windshield. Anything over 50mph and mine don't wipe off much water. Passenger side works better than driver side....of course.
On most of these you can actually by hand bend the arm a little bit by hand for it to apply more pressure. I know it sounds to easy and to good to be true but it's worked for me.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
There's a simple answer. Our RV wiper arms use a "J" hook design. A lot of standard car/truck arms also use a "J" hook design. The difference is this. Standard are 9-mm wide and RV/heavy trucks are 12-mm wide.

Here's the easiest solutions which may take 30 minutes. Using a small sanding grinder and narrow the last 1" of your 12-mm attaching arm down to 9-mm.

You can't usually find 12-mm replacements at auto parts stores. You have to go to an RV outlet or buy on line. If you narrow the arm end you can buy blades at any auto parts store of any length you desire for reasonable prices.

To reduce the swinging weight I've reduced the blade length down to 24" on the passenger side and 26" on the drivers side. That's more than enough clear vision to drive. If it's not then we are getting off the road ASAP.

For those of you who believe that narrowing the last 1" of the 12-mm blade down to 9-mm may/will weaken it causing the end to break off currently some vehicles using 9-mm wide wiper arms are currently using blades that are in the 28" to 32" length.

One other point. The wiper blade companies are phasing out the use of replacement rubber inserts which forces us to buy the entire blade minus the arm. Look at some of your newer vehicles. The rubber blades can't be easily removed like we use to do.

I have also read that there is a plastic adapter that would allow a 9-mm blade to fit into a 12-mm "J" hook arm. I was not able to find one so I did the next best thing and did the sanding.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:09 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
To clarify Bruce91 earlier post. The Bosch Excel+ 28" wipers include plastic adapters that fit both 9mm and 12mm J-hook wiper arms. Only $14 on Amazon here.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:50 AM   #42

Jayco Owners Club
To make those expensive wipers last longer cut 28-32" lengths of pipe foam insulation that has the slit in it. Use these to cover your blades when they site in the sun for days. This will protect them from the UV rays that breakdown the rubber compound.