Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 AM   #29

My new Newmar Canyon Star would only run the furnace about 4 hrs and the batteries would be dead.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 AM   #30

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sorry it bothered you so much! Everyone needs to remember you are in a parking lot. No rules no excuses. I never use my generator while wallydocking but that's me. What someone else does is not under my control. If it bothers me I'll just move, no need to confront someone. If they ask I will tell them. Many ways to deal with it. Traffic, motors running, people doing things that irritate you may be a sign that you are stopping in the wrong place. JMHO.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:27 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
My new Newmar Canyon Star would only run the furnace about 4 hrs and the batteries would be dead.
Are you talking about a heat pump? Enough batteries for AC or heat pump is not practical for sure.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Are you talking about a heat pump? Enough batteries for AC or heat pump is not practical for sure.
No, just the furnace. Even with everything else shut off the batteries would be dead by midnight at 50*. Less than 4 hrs running the furnace. I called Newmar. Their lame response was " Sir you bought a coach, it was designed to be plugged in at a campground not spending the night in a parking lot. It's working as designed"
Old 09-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #33

Although they could have parked farther away(maybe), I honestly don't think it's anybody's place to go "banging" on someone's door to tell them they are too close or their generator is bothering them when you are parked in a lot you do not own. If it was that big of a concern, Walmart would be the one the post the "rules". If that really bothers you then maybe you should pay a few bucks and stay in a campground where their are rules.

Sure if you see them outside doing something and have the chance for a friendly discussion, you might discuss the issue but even that's a stretch. Just because you own a MH or are a member of IRV2 does not give anyone the right to tell others how to park or use their MH, in a Walmart parking lot. They may have had a reason for running the generator, and really no need to explain to others. I'm sure we all do things from time to time that bother others, even when that's not what we intend to do.

We've only stayed in a Walmart once and when another MH pulled in next to us, I talked to them for a few minutes. They were nice and asked me if it was ok that they parked that close, as they were new to this and felt more comfortable. I didn't have a problem with it, and it actually made us feel a little more comfortable. The noise from the people who hang out in Walmart parking lots was more bothersome than a generator would have been.

Just my opinion.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 AM   #34

This isn't really about "RULES" or, confrontation, or Walmart (or any other larger parking lot that allows for overnight RV temp camping/stopping posting signs etc. As I stated earlier, it's about common sense. It's about a person or persons, ability to THINK about their surroundings in terms of their actions POTENTIALLY bothering other folks.

How many times has anyone with a nice vehicle/car/truck etc. parked quite a ways away from people in a parking lot, just so the potential chance of door dings are very limited? But, you come out from your store and, guess what, there's an IDIOT parked right next to you when there's tons and tons of open spaces all over the parking lot. And, the drivers door is very close to your car.

I mean, are you kidding? Really? You have to park that close, in a totally open parking lot?

So, again, to me this is simply a situation where common sense was/is not used. If I even thought I'd be running our genny for any particular reason, I'd would, always have and always will, park at a distance from the nearest other RVer(s), as long as there is capability for me to do that. Besides, WHY would I want to be that close anyways? People just need to use their brains. It's not hard.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire up View Post
this isn't really about "rules" or, confrontation, or walmart (or any other larger parking lot that allows for overnight rv temp camping/stopping posting signs etc. As i stated earlier, it's about common sense. It's about a person or persons, ability to think about their surroundings in terms of their actions potentially bothering other folks.

How many times has anyone with a nice vehicle/car/truck etc. Parked quite a ways away from people in a parking lot, just so the potential chance of door dings are very limited? But, you come out from your store and, guess what, there's an idiot parked right next to you when there's tons and tons of open spaces all over the parking lot. And, the drivers door is very close to your car.

I mean, are you kidding? Really? You have to park that close, in a totally open parking lot?

So, again, to me this is simply a situation where common sense was/is not used. If i even thought i'd be running our genny for any particular reason, i'd would, always have and always will, park at a distance from the nearest other rver(s), as long as there is capability for me to do that. Besides, why would i want to be that close anyways? People just need to use their brains. It's not hard.
Scott

i agree you can't fix stupid
RELHUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #36

I guess if it was a paid I'd maybe bitch but probably not. Life's too short to worry about little noise. Me and the wife snore louder then that lol. But a free spot , no for sure not. The way the politically correct crap is going in the eastern US and California 🙄🙄 the people will probably make Walmart not let us camp there for something that happened 90 years ago, and pull there sign down. Dont know why those people just don't want to sit around a camp fire drink a beer and laugh. Oh I did it and went there lol . Sorry to change subject.😁😁
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:25 PM   #37

Mid Atlantic Campers
Why is it that no matter what, someone is going complain about something. Someone posted not long ago about another camper on blm land that foolishly set up camp over 500 ft from him and then heaven forbid he started his generator. Just get over it, life's too short.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:49 PM   #38

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wow, sounds like you just like to complain about other folks trying to understand human behavior...

I asked a general question, didn't say they were horrible people, just wondered why someone would choose to park right next to me in an enormous empty lot.

I parked there because the hitch business owner ASKED me to, so he could work on our rig/Jeep first thing in the morning. I was happy to do so.

If you don't want to read my "question", or it's upsetting to you, just scroll right on by. It won't hurt my feelings one bit. Just like I could have chosen to move my rig that night. (But no, it wasn't that big of a deal, so I wore earplugs and rolled over and went to sleep.)
SuzanneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #39

Mid Atlantic Campers
Seems you do understand that complaining is really a wasted of time.lol
Old 09-15-2017, 01:04 PM   #40

I really do. But that will not keep me from being curious about human behavior.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #41

And plenty of other folks were kind enough to offer their thoughts in a constructive and pleasant manner...much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #42

Getting good now 🤣🤣 world is a big place , lol wasn't mentioned to hurt feels ✌️✌️ forgot to put ,just my opinion , but most of the time that does mean crap. Breath Deep!!
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote