Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 07:00 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Thumbs up Thumbs UP Thor service!

Just wanted to post we had positive experience with Thor service. We are all quick to post when things go wrong but it is only fair to post when things go right.

We had a breakdown at our campsite before we left yesterday with the slide and the jacks. Called Thor and they got me fixed up. On the way home the pantry door flew open and hit the bathroom door punching a hole in it. Sent a pic last night and today they are sending me a new door to replace it!
This was the Schwintec slide system. on a Thor ACE 29.3

THIS is the type of service that makes for return customers! Thanks to Terry Baughman Service/Warranty tech!

2014 Honda CRV Toad
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Absolutely agree. Very responsive.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:42 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've also a great experience with Thor industries. Lost all DC power to the rig and couldn't get the slides back in. The tech helped me for over an hour until we found the problem.

Did you call the Thor number in the owner's manual. I did and since it was after hours they had a "in case of emergency press #". This connected me to the Thor emergency hotline, and like I said they were great...
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Chaulk up another thumbs up

At the risk of being flamed for owning a Thor, I love it. I especially enjoy the terrific customer service. Took my Challenger in for some ankle biter issues after the initial shakedown cruise. On the way to my dealer, the levelers starting faulting out, beeping and telling me I had an emergency. Initially thought I was listening to the robot on Space Family Robinsson but then figured out I was okay to proceed on to my dealer.

Once I got there, the service manager narrowed it down to a problem with the switch and/or pump switch leaking bypass. The Thor customer service rep and the service manager understood my family has a create cross country trip coming up. They worked together to overnight a replacement pump in. The part arrived, it was installed and I was on my way.

Other experiences with Class A motorhomes were nowhere near this good.

A real thank you to service manager Jake at Paul Sherry's and to Tom Overton/Tim at Thor Customer Service.

Best I've ever seen!!!

Old 06-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
At the risk of being flamed for owning a Thor, I love it. I especially enjoy the terrific customer service. Took my Challenger in for some ankle biter issues after the initial shakedown cruise. On the way to my dealer, the levelers starting faulting out, beeping and telling me I had an emergency. Initially thought I was listening to the robot on Space Family Robinsson but then figured out I was okay to proceed on to my dealer.

Once I got there, the service manager narrowed it down to a problem with the switch and/or pump switch leaking bypass. The Thor customer service rep and the service manager understood my family has a create cross country trip coming up. They worked together to overnight a replacement pump in. The part arrived, it was installed and I was on my way.

Other experiences with Class A motorhomes were nowhere near this good.

A real thank you to service manager Jake at Paul Sherry's and to Tom Overton/Tim at Thor Customer Service.

Best I've ever seen!!!
no flaming from me! And Paul sherry a is just 15 miles away from me! Do you live in this area?
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Old 06-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #6

Mid Atlantic Campers
Nice to hear some good stories! A service manager and parts manager that care about your rig is essential.
Delmarva RV service manager and parts manager do not.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ah - I don't care about the flaming - we've got what we really wanted and at a price point that is over the top great. Tough to find 3 slides, a king size bed, 2 bunk beds, 1 drop down full size bed, full size residential refrig, 1 and half bath, big shower, washer/dryer, 5 tvs, stereo, double awning, etc for about $120k new. So - we love it.

Paul Sherry's and Thor are a winning combination. The best one of them is the service manager Jake Shell. He and his staff are very professional. They do what the say and on time.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Ah - I don't care about the flaming - we've got what we really wanted and at a price point that is over the top great. Tough to find 3 slides, a king size bed, 2 bunk beds, 1 drop down full size bed, full size residential refrig, 1 and half bath, big shower, washer/dryer, 5 tvs, stereo, double awning, etc for about $120k new. So - we love it.

Paul Sherry's and Thor are a winning combination. The best one of them is the service manager Jake Shell. He and his staff are very professional. They do what the say and on time.
jake has been there a long time! He was there when we bought our first class C back in 99
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Old 06-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Great to hear about Jake. Gotta say - other RVs we've bought were a scary service departments. Most times not really sure what they were doing IMO. The Paul Sherry service is very responsive and from the sounds of are a bit of an oasis in a very big desert.

Tags
service, thor