Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
Kathryn I'm looking at the 45K - I have a lot of friends who will be travelling with me or visting me along the way and the 2nd half bath is going to come in very handy. Additionally I'm changing out the booth to an L shape sofa with the help of my dealer and putting a table/chairs combo forward of that on the drivers side. It would also double as a computer station. I'm excited. Whichever way I end up going I'm excited and can't wait to start RV'ing.

RudyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
Tiffin Owners Club
I know both Tiffin and Entegra corporate sales managers are following me on here so I can't really talk a lot about pricing so I dont lose my negotiating edge but most aggressive are actually higher than what you quoted.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
I also love the full slide- somewhere along the way I read Bob Tiffin would never do full slides. Not 100% sure why but maybe due to the difficulties as you have said

I'm okay with the 4 slides. It would be nice to have a wider hallway to the bedroom but since the washer is there its not a killer for me .
Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 AM   #18
By all means go with Entegra and the 2 year warranty. Save your self from sitting at Red Bay for weeks at a time getting repairs and there crazy appt. process. It is no fun there.
2016 Entegra Cornerstone
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Not so sure on that Bus pricing list ...

Did a Google search and found three different dealers listing MSRP at $416K-$419K, NOT $383K

Kathryn, you are looking at the BASE MSRP without added options which were on your "three different dealers" listings. Scroll down and compare each option and that is what is added to the Base MSRP.

Also, Bob Tiffin in a recent "ROUGHING IT SMOOTHLY" magazine did a very interesting rebuttal to Mark Quasius's comparison.... Please read Bob Tiffins article prior to your decision. It was an excellent reason to make the Allegro Bus your choice. We recently saw the 45' Bus and were extremely impressed with it. We have a Phaeton (on the classifieds) and are looking for our last coach....the Bus is gorgeous, and have also looked at the Conerstone.... fit and finish are more our style in the Bus
BOB & TRISHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #20
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by rdostal View Post
I removed Newmar from the 3 pack for a couple reasons but probably prone to my newbieness and I had to eventually go to 2 because I had to make a decision.
The Newmar Dutch Star I drove did not have as good a ride as the Tiffin nor Entgra. Also this may sound trivial but the turn signal was so far below the steering wheel I had to take my hand off the wheel to turn it on and off to do a simple lane change. Now I realize I'm not going to be doing Mario Andrettis down the road with multiple lane changes but it was an irritant. The right side mirror also was not completely unobstructed. And most importantly the coach had a lot of rattles and air noises for a brand new 2013.
There were many positives as for floorplan but since the Tiffin 45LP came out it really did take the Newmar out of the picture for a better floorplan. And the Cornerstone hands down beats them all for quality and amenities and option availability.
Just to let you know
there are a lot of DutchStars out there that are minimal - made for theose that want the prestige factor of the brand name ( and it is a good ONE ) I looked at more than a few before getting the Ventana that I currently own . I am sure there are more than a few DutchStars out there that are decked out I just did not run accross them when I was searching for mine -- I got a Ventana that had all I wanted and more so snagged it up . .
good luck on your search

PS the Entrgra trips my trigger
2011 Newmar Ventana with COMFORT DRIVE
2011 Jeep Wrangler with Blue Ox tow bars Roadmaster attachments
Charter Lifetime Member Good Sam Club FMCA/KOA/ Newmar Kountry Klub
szy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #21
Tiffin Owners Club
Szy. Trips my trigger. I haven't heard that before. I had to google it. You mean in a good way?

At the recommendation from somebody here I bought rv.net evaluations book. It had a lot of good info in there and both coaches were in the top ratings. Entegra beat tiffin by 1 point. Price point like for like there is a $55000 difference. Agreed about Entegras floor plans. Going to get a final estimate to "copy" the 45lp plan tomorrow. Verbal estimate about $6000
This decision is more difficult than a house!!
2013 Tiffin Zephyr LZ-ver C towing 2016 Caddy Escalade
Old 10-28-2012, 05:25 PM   #22
Tiffin Owners Club
Btw. Fit and finish. I'd disagree. But some design floor plan in tiffin especially the closet is amazing How smart is that to put a w/d there and a folding counter where your clothes go!!
2013 Tiffin Zephyr LZ-ver C towing 2016 Caddy Escalade
Old 10-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
Would have to agree about fit and finish being superior on Entegra over Tiffin. We wanted a Tiffin for years until we started reading about their QC problems, endless waiting at Red Bay, and seeing first hand sloppiness in their production techniques. Layouts of Tiffin ARE great though and I expect you will see more and more convergence from Entegra with some of Tiffin's floor plans.

We have zero regrets and zero buyer's remorse with our coach and hope our "final coach" can be another Entegra. The Anthem 44SL is what we "aspire" to...
2012 Entegra Aspire 40DRQ on Spartan chassis
2006 Toyota Highlander toad
2 daughters, 2 dogs, and 1 wife
rvguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #24

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, insulation.

There is a big difference between the 2 makers. Sound as well as temp swings will be more noticeable in the Tiffin.

We didn't realize how big of a change it was till we moved from Fleetwood (same construction as Tiffin) to Newmar (same construction as Entegra).

You don't hear everything you neighbor is doing, traffic when over nighting in a rest stop is barely audible (including refer trailers) and rain you won't know about it till you look out.

Your in a tough spot to choose. It looks like Tiffin made some awesome changes for 2013. Entegra builds a phenomenal coach. On chassis alone would send the edge to Entegra, no such thing as to much power. Layout though, Tiffin stomps to the lead.

I'm glad we made our choice when we did, all the manufacturers did some great things for 2013. What a game changer.
2013 DSDP 4347, all electric, 450 H.P. ISL
Air & hydraulic leveling
14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland toad
PDR John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
I found a copy of RVCruzers article referenced above.

It is too large to attach, but I can email, just contact me at John@FireLogs.com for a copy.
2008 Monaco Camelot 42 DSQ
Irondale, Alabama
38 Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #26
For more info on Tiffin products and service go to: A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Login.

Re: Bob Tiffin's letter in Roughing it Smoothly (Allegro Mag).
Replacing rails in 1050 units (letter dated 8/8/12), 1208 wet bays, and 506 slide out floors does not speak volumes about quality products to me. From info on the above link there seems to be many more that have been replaced or in need of replacement. As a former Tiffin owner I will confirm that Tiffin will fix a problem if one has the time and patience. However, the campground at TMH is not the best place to spend weeks or more waiting to have repairs completed.
Paul & Eugenia
2015 Aspire 39E
SGTrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #27
rdostal - Either of those you have picked are great motor homes. You should be happy with either. If you are a newbe though I think you are crazy to spend that kind of money without knowing anything. Maybe your next door neighbour is Bill Gates and you can afford mistakes, but if you are at all frugal I suggest taking a long time in making the kind of commitment you are going to. If you have under 10,000 miles in a motor home under your belt take a deep breath and learn some more before you get dazzled by the glitz and blow a lot of money.

Just my humble opinion.

If you really want a full wall slide, get one. Several makers , actually many makers have no issues with them any more.

But before you spend 400 grand or so you should not be a newbe.
B Bob
Country Coach 42' Affinity
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #28
I spent 3 years looking & researching. A used 2006 Travel Supreme 45' with the 500 HP & 22,00 miles finally found me in 2009. Because of the economy, it was priced at 35% of retail. Had a lot of features I never thought I could afford (Hydro Hot, washer and dryer, granite counters & floors, & so forth). Even though Travel Supreme was out of business, the Spartan K-2 Chasis, Cummins, Onan, Girard, GE, etc., are all in business and servicing my coach which is now 6.5 years old with 47,000 miles. This RV with ALL the extras has given us much pleasure, comfort & enjoyment. Any RV will give you service issues- just like a car or a house. Give it service and care & it will reciprocate. Also, make sure you understand the CCC (cargo carrying capacity) limitations & issues. That is why my first last & only RV has a tag axle. Be Leary of the salesman who tells you a 3,000 lb CCC weight is all you need. That may be the case for you, but it wasn't for me.

DLanders is offline   Reply With Quote

allegro bus 45' lp, cornerstone, newmar, tiffin