Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #43

In the end you have to do what is right for you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #44

the 45 tiffin at 450HP is underpowered once u load her up and add a toad.The entegra at 600 is perfect.Tiffin should offer the 500Cummins as an option
rvrepairnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
To a newbie, I have one big piece of advice if you are going to be in your unit for any length of time . Look very close at the internal storage space. We bought the Itasca Ellipse 42 GD but looked very closely at Entegra and were almost ready to go in that direction until we saw how small the overhead cabinets were in the livingroom area. You don't want to have to go to your basement storage for every little thing, so adequate storage can become a major issue. Fancy software won't make up for lack of hard space.
Trekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Cut down top cabinet

For everyones benefit who read Trekkers comment - attached is photo of the cabinet in question. When I was at the plant I looked for a spot in the cabinets to put a box of cereal near the kitchen, Alas i did find one mid coach above the Jsofa. These cabinets are identical with this top impingement down the whole PS side The cabinets are also not as deep as one would like, perhaps 20". Quite a bit of space is lost unfortunately. I understand they are putting in a pantry between the fridge and the cabinets (to help with the fact that the right hand side of the fridge door won't open past 90 degrees) This should help a bit with storage (at the sacrifice of narrowing the sofa on the PS side)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	29392  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Well at long last a decision has been made. With everyones help and input, visits to factories, multiple and numerous dealer visits all over the country and test drives, reviews from rv.org for satisfaction and safety ratings and a plethora of questions to each factory, I've decided to order a Tiffin Zephyr with the LZ floorplan version C. Its basically the one on the the Tiffin website gallery. Although it does not have a lot of the Cornerstone features and engineering and craftsmanship in cabinetry and details, it does excel in features the Cornerstone doesnt have such as the fully flat tile floor all the way to the walk in closet, tile on both deep slides (in lieu of carpet). A pop up TV and FP which makes for an enjoyable lounging area, Medicine cabinets and drawers in the Bath. I have taken to heart also the comments on recent production quality. With the Zephyr limited production and relatively few comments about problems, I plunged that route hoping that the Tiffin name will live up to its past reputation. I have had one on one conversations with Tiffin factory personnel also about adding and changing a few things and they've been responsive.
it does NOT have the Spartan K3 600hp chassis but has a K2 500 HP chassis, nor does it have some gadgets and amenities but alas - I've read throughout this forum that there always seems to be some concessions and give and take. I liked the functionality of the Allegro Bus 45LP but given its newness and some minor design challenges and lack of sizzle as the Z, possibly underpowered for 45' coach, budget wise the Zephyr and Cornerstone were on par. It supposed to be delivered in mid February. I even tried again at a Newmar and American Coach but these were both pricewise too high in the comparable models

Updates along the way - I thank everyone for their inputs. Maybe someday I'll be an Entegra owner as well once some of the shortcomings get worked through.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your order...fortunately the posts were informative and didn't turn into an us versus them. IMO there is a near perfect coach for everyone that wants to do the rv thing, and while it may be a little about the ride, it's really about the lifestyle (or in a surfers lingo, the "ride")...no one approach fits all
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Congrat's on the new to you coach, know all you have to do is patiently wait like us. Kind of have to agree that floorplan and livability offsett the ride and power somewhat, cause you live in it more than you drive it. You definitely got yourself one real nice coach coming.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Getting really excited now. I got a call from a Tiffin dealer in houston who had 2 - Z's on the ground. Exact FP as the ordered one on both and the exterior color I preferred. The only difference was sofa/chair color which was coincidentally the color choice I desired/settled with on the Entegra Cornerstone. Other than that there is a white bath vs a homogenous colored cabinet throughout which I really didnt care for but again the Cornerstone had the white bath as standard/no option. Im sure I'll either get used to it or simply hire a good painter to restain it. But with a price difference of nearly $20K after taxes was simply too good to pass up. I fly out Friday to pick it up and drive home.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #51

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrepairnut View Post
the 45 tiffin at 450HP is underpowered once u load her up and add a toad.The entegra at 600 is perfect.Tiffin should offer the 500Cummins as an option
With 450HP/1250ft.lbs, not sure I'd call it underpowered but the Cornerstone certainly has more power. As far as offering it with a 500, Tiffin offers the Zephyr with a 500.

It seems a bit odd to compare the AB 45LP with the Cornestone when, from the prices I can see, the Cornerstone is about 50% more expensive than the Bus, even comparing it with the Zephyr is closer but not really fair as it's still a very significant premium. A fairer comparaison would be the Anthem vs the Bus (even there the Anthem has a considerable price difference).
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #52

I'm on my 3rd Tiffin product 93 Fred, 99 40' Buss now 2007 40' Bus. When shopping for the 07 it had to be a Tiffin, I like the people in Red Bay and most of the other Tiffin owners. I also like dealing with "Uncle Bob" when needed. His personal reputation out shines the others.1MHO I feel more comfortable with the tenure outlook of Tiffin than any others.
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
I'm on my 3rd Tiffin product 93 Fred, 99 40' Buss now 2007 40' Bus. When shopping for the 07 it had to be a Tiffin, I like the people in Red Bay and most of the other Tiffin owners. I also like dealing with "Uncle Bob" when needed. His personal reputation out shines the others.1MHO I feel more comfortable with the tenure outlook of Tiffin than any others.
yes I almost agree but only after they rid them selves of Roof radius issues,Wet bay issues,bad wireing issues, inadaquet slide floor+ roller issues,better over all planing
of lite placements,lite switch placements,heat radiator placements etc
also many other simple things like mounting position and sealing of front door awning I have owned and currently own a 2008 Bus and I have had to remodel and repair more tiffin faults than one can begin to imagine.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelb View Post
With 450HP/1250ft.lbs, not sure I'd call it underpowered but the Cornerstone certainly has more power. As far as offering it with a 500, Tiffin offers the Zephyr with a 500.

It seems a bit odd to compare the AB 45LP with the Cornestone when, from the prices I can see, the Cornerstone is about 50% more expensive than the Bus, even comparing it with the Zephyr is closer but not really fair as it's still a very significant premium. A fairer comparaison would be the Anthem vs the Bus (even there the Anthem has a considerable price difference).
Take the 45Ft AB.load her up and add 4000lb toad and trust me she aint no race car.On 6-8% grades u will be down to 35MPH at best
Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Trip home

We made it home. Took our time at dealership as everyone recommended and worked out nearly 98% of our issues. A part had to be ordered which will be shipped to us to install but al l in all our maiden voyage was amazing. We logged in 1700 miles and the Zephyr drove great. As promised attached are a few photos and enjoyment shots. I was sad to get home and can't wait for our next weekend trip. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3846.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	30187

Name:	IMG_3838.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	448.9 KB
ID:	30188

Name:	IMG_3841.jpg
Views:	310