Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #1

Angry Tiffin issues

Hello
We have a 2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH that we bought in July 2013
I am wondering if anyone else is having issues with the same unit or having any issues having any Tiffin product repaired.???
We have a LONNNNG list ( that seems to be growing,virtually daily)of issues that we have with our "NEW" coach.
We have sent a long letter to Bob Tiffin and it got deflected to someone named Phillip (in customer relations? ) He seemed to listen but nothing has been resolved yet.
We have a bad dust leak in the rear bath. There is no power to the dash heater/ defrost system. The tap for the kitchen sink barely has water pressure. The shower cannot be regulated so that you can have a comfortable temperature shower......its either hot or cold. Both front slides are leaving marks on my tiles (in places where the rollers sit during travel) Slide (on passenger side) in bedroom doesn't seem to fit tight against exterior of the coach when pulled in for travel. Numerous blinds are crooked, and a list of other small things.
I have been told " they are small things so they should be easy fixes"
My thought is that a NEW coach shouldn't have issues like this. And considering that I MAKE the payments every month I EXPECT quick,courteous service for repairs.
We are also looking for REPUTABLE RV service centres for Tiffin warranty (??) work. We have considered taking it to Red Bay but was told today its a 4 week wait there and NO appointments are taken. First come first served. Huh.
Any input would be helpful
Thank you.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:56 AM   #2

On the RARE occasion that we get a Tiffin product wander into our shop (non-Tiffin dealer) for warranty work, I can tell you that Tiffin simply asks us to "get it fixed, correctly" and pays our charges the same day. If we need parts they have no problems overnighting them to us at their expense. Our experience working with them has been nothing short of stellar.

I am honestly having a very hard time believing they are not resolving your problems. I certainly think there is way more to this story.

What dealer did you purchase this unit from? Why aren't they fixing this?
Were these issues present when you did your walk-thru during delivery?

Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 AM   #3

You may want to go over to tiffinrvnetwork.com. Its the all Tiffin forum with lots of good info.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
paz

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It is rare for there to be no problems with any new RV, but it's also rare to hear that Tiffin is not addressing those problems. They usually bend over backward to keep their customers satisfied.

Your problems don't sound like they are earth shattering. It sounds like you have some blinds that need to be adjusted, some slides that need to be adjusted, some possible construction debris in the aerator of your kitchen faucet and possibly the same in your shower faucet, and a bad fuse or loose wire in your dash heater. Keep in mind, an RV is a house mounted on what is essentially a truck chassis. It bounces down the highway with constant earthquake forces acting on it, so things come loose or go out of adjustment.

If your dealer can't correct these problems, Tiffin should be able to help you find someone who can - even if it's at a non-Tiffin dealer.

As far as Red Bay is concerned, the repair facility is usually busy in spring and fall because of snowbirds stopping on their way south in the fall and on their way back north again in the spring. Even with hoards of snowbirds, however, it's unusual for waits to be more than a couple of weeks, and that's for big stuff. The Tiffin repair facility has 3 levels of service - 1) things that can be fixed at your site (like your blinds, faucets and possibly your dash heater); 2) express service for things that can be fixed in a repair bay in 3 hours or less (possibly like your slides); 3) things that must be repaired in a service bay that will take more than 3 hours.

Service for things that can be repaired at your site should only take a few days to get to the front of the line, even when Red Bay is very busy; and express service should only take about a week to get in. Regular service or body work are the only things that should take more than a couple of weeks to get done.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
A new coach is more likely to have these types of "problems" than others so I, for one, am not surprised.

I'm sorry you are having problems but all of this sounds like fairly minor, fix it yourself, or let the dealer fix it stuff. Don't know where you bought your coach but I'd start there first. Phillip, btw, is probably a Tiffin area representative who can get your repairs expedited. I'd certainly want to stay in touch with him.

You do not have to have your coach serviced at your purchasing dealer unless you want to. If you feel more comfortable getting it serviced somewhere else, call Don Boyd in Red Bay and tell him what you want to do.

If you want to come to Red Bay, that is your option. I don't know who told you 4 weeks but that is pure BS. I would think more like 2-3 days. Most of what you have will be repaired at your coach or in the Express Bay. A number of people come to Red Bay for modifications as well as service so it can get crowded at times.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
If you want to come to Red Bay, that is your option. I don't know who told you 4 weeks but that is pure BS. I would think more like 2-3 days. Most of what you have will be repaired at your coach or in the Express Bay. A number of people come to Red Bay for modifications as well as service so it can get crowded at times.
Our friends were there last week and were told by Tiffin service writer that the wait for express bay repairs would be "about a week". Fortunately, they got fixed over at McKinney's and left, which freed up the site they were occupying at Tiffin's service campground. When they arrived, only dry camping was available, but sites do become available as repairs are completed, so apparently Tiffin service is really busy right now. I have no idea if the new "no appointments" policy is contributing to the crowded situation, or if the snowbirds are already in transit.

Tags
tiffin