Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Maintenance Scott Motorcoach NJ

Tried to make an appointment for service and warranty work on my 2014 36LA. The dealer responded 4 days after the inquiry that they only service Motorhomes purchased at their location. Does anybody know if Tiffin's contract with dealers allows them to reject you for service?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrodrig18 View Post
Tried to make an appointment for service and warranty work on my 2014 36LA. The dealer responded 4 days after the inquiry that they only service Motorhomes purchased at their location. Does anybody know if Tiffin's contract with dealers allows them to reject you for service?

Call Tiffin customer service & ask who they recommend in your area.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #3

You will find that RV Manufacturers have a sales agreement only with their dealers. It does not involve anything to do with service of the product or standards of service. You are comparing RV service to auto manufacturer dealer sales & service agreements. The good thing is Tiffin will pay any RV repair facility to do warranty work on their product. I personally have taken my Phaeton to two different independent shops to have warranty work done and Tiffin paid the bill.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #4

tiffin service

I have had no problem with the dealer you referenced. I purchased my Breeze from them. Shopped some other dealers but it was worth a little more to have a local service base. I have bought 3 from them so far.
You should take it back to the dealer who cashed your check. Never purchase a motorhome from dealers far away. The other post was accurate, there is no agreement to have to work on anyone's RV.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:37 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I purchased my Tiffin from Scott Motor Coach and have some service done there. Over the winter had some service and repairs done at CT Motor Cars and Coaches. They are an authorized Tiffin Service Center, owner owns a Alegro Bus and very knowledgeable. I was happy with service I got there.
mricet1005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:29 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Call Tiffin customer service & ask who they recommend in your area.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

That you.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
You will find that RV Manufacturers have a sales agreement only with their dealers. It does not involve anything to do with service of the product or standards of service. You are comparing RV service to auto manufacturer dealer sales & service agreements. The good thing is Tiffin will pay any RV repair facility to do warranty work on their product. I personally have taken my Phaeton to two different independent shops to have warranty work done and Tiffin paid the bill.

Thank you. Still disappointed to see dealers refusing to do plain service to a brand they sell. It is what it is 8-)
Old 06-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by campersoc View Post
I have had no problem with the dealer you referenced. I purchased my Breeze from them. Shopped some other dealers but it was worth a little more to have a local service base. I have bought 3 from them so far.
You should take it back to the dealer who cashed your check. Never purchase a motorhome from dealers far away. The other post was accurate, there is no agreement to have to work on anyone's RV.

Thank you I guess I'll do the service myself. This dealer was at least 7% more expensive than the one I purchased from. Will save money twice. I hate to drive 4 hours just for service but happy to do to save over 10 grand. 8-))
Old 06-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by campersoc View Post

Great info I will check them out. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:49 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
We kinda live in the middle of nowhere. Lots of large dealers 150-200 miles away. On our third purchase of an RV I guess we hit the jackpot. Dealer is 180 miles away, we got a great deal and the service has been without question the best we've experienced. I know that Thor gets a bad rap from lots of folks but I also gotta say that we love our coach and the customer service is always there, helpful and responsive. Combine that with the our dealer/service at Paul Sherry RVs - winner.

Also, noticed as we've been in for items from our shake out trip - a number of other units being serviced. Makes sense - the dealership is just off I-75 midway in Ohio. So they are working on more than just there own units sold.

The morale to the story is good news - some dealers are very customer oriented.

PS: I bought one of our units much closer to our Kentucky home. Morale to that story, we bought our next unit 180 miles away. Paul Sherry's seems to get it.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #11

You may want to check with Gerber RV in Hackensack NJ. I have had some service work there.
Good luck

2003 Monico Windsor 370HP
Summerfield, FL.

Toad: Volvo
hshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:40 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Great point BigBen I agree. Is not like dealers don't make money charging for regular service!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:41 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshiner View Post
You may want to check with Gerber RV in Hackensack NJ. I have had some service work there.
Good luck

2003 Monico Windsor 370HP
Summerfield, FL.

Toad: Volvo

HS I will check them out. Hackestown is very convenient for me.

Tags
maintenance, tiffin