Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Newmar is suppose to better insulated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by billharris View Post
Newmar is suppose to better insulated.
According to the Tiffin and Newmar web sites (for the equivalent gas coaches in this case):

Tiffin: 5 1/5" Formed insulation

Newmar: 5/8" Foam Insulation Laminated in Sidewalls & Ceiling
Optional : Polar Pak R19 batten Insulation in Roof

Old 07-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #17

FWIW, our sons 2016 45' Mountain Aire is better insulated than our 2013 Allegro Bus. It is quieter in the rain and on the road. It's also easier to heat and cool. That said, he has had more problems in 10 months than we have in 3 years. Back to the factory three times. Hopefully, he thinks his is ok now. I think both companies fell into the "Quality Control Slump" from having too many sales and the desire to rush through the production process. Here's where a good dealer is worth a bunch. Our dealer is 45 miles away and they can do everything that the factory can and much quicker. For that reason, I would be hard to convince to switch to Newmar for it's improved insulation. I have found the inside quality of both to be very similar. and, I couldn't ask for a better handling coach. IMHO, when choosing between Newmar and Tiffin, it all comes down to the servicing dealer.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #18

I can tell you by experience, Newmars insulation is way better. There slide mechanics and seals is second to none. Newmars side walls are 2". If you look at a Tiffin you will see no outlet's in the side walls. Look in a Newmar and you will see the outlets mounted in the walls.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinc40 View Post
I can tell you by experience, Newmars insulation is way better. There slide mechanics and seals is second to none. Newmars side walls are 2". If you look at a Tiffin you will see no outlet's in the side walls. Look in a Newmar and you will see the outlets mounted in the walls.
I have outlets in walls, fixed and slides, throughout my Tiffin gasser. Not sure what you are looking at........
Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinc40 View Post
All that I can say is that I've copied the specs on insulation directly from the respective web sites: Tiffin = 5 1/2" of insulation. Newmarket = 5/8" standard with extra in the ceiling if you want to pay extra. Just sayin'

Objectively: Tiffin is "better insulated" by the numbers, unless theyre using wadded up newspaper instead of insulation. Both are nicely made coaches. Pick your favorite.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
I have outlets in walls, fixed and slides, throughout my Tiffin gasser. Not sure what you are looking at........
You are correct, I forgot I had one in the bathroom.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #22

The Newmar sidewalls have 5/8" bead foam insulation in addition to fiberglass batten insulation plus 3/16" plywood interior and exterior walls (per the website) Tiffin's 5 1/2" formed insulation is only in the roof and they use "high performance thermal insulation" in the walls (basically think reflecting barrier) we have camped in 25 DS degrees and had to purchase a electric heater for the Allegro to keep it above 50 degrees inside. Also we could hear everything going on outside the coach always. All this technicality aside living is way more comfortable for us in the Newmar but that's why there is more than one coach choice, each family has their priority on different things or in different order. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #23

Go with what you love!
Old 07-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
If you look at a Tiffin you will see no outlet's in the side walls.
Not sure what year or model you have, but I've got a number of outlets in outside walls in my Tiffin.
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I know I've been amazed at how quiet our Newmar is. Its really hard to hear much of anything outside. Mine also has the double glazed windows which probably makes a little difference.

jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 01:22 PM   #26

I have owned a Newmar and a Tiffin you will be happy with either one you chose
Old 07-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiawah View Post
Not sure what year or model you have, but I've got a number of outlets in outside walls in my Tiffin.
In the wall or on the wall? I believe he was referring to Newmar running wiring inside the wall and flush mounting outlets like residential construction vs more of a surface mount or "box" for the outlets on Tiffin. At least that is the way it has been explained to me. We've got a Newmar. I've been in Tiffins but only vaguely remember the way the electrical was laid out.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW in TX View Post
In the wall or on the wall? I believe he was referring to Newmar running wiring inside the wall and flush mounting outlets like residential construction vs more of a surface mount or "box" for the outlets on Tiffin. At least that is the way it has been explained to me. We've got a Newmar. I've been in Tiffins but only vaguely remember the way the electrical was laid out.
quickly, I count 8 - 120v outlets, and 1 - 12v outlet flush on the walls in my little 31SA, on both slides and fixed walls.

Sorry about upside down.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	132644  

Betr2Trvl is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, tiffin