Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club

We have narrowed our search to the 2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus, 2013 Entegra, and 2014 Winnebago Tour. QUOTE]

You didn't mention which Entegra....makes a big difference. I have to assume the Anthem as it is most closely relates to the Bus/Tour. Obviously the info provided by the owners of the Cornerstone may be not comparable to the ones you're looking at.

Personally, I have looked at the three you're considering (but not in mind to purchase) and found all to be excellent showroom floor coaches. Owning one is a different matter.

When we were looking for a new coach, we were a step down from what you're looking at and found that Winnie didn't provide the level of coach we were searcing for and the Entegra Aspire just didn't have the floor plan we were looking for. So that pretty much left us with Newmar Ventena and the Tiffin Phaeton.

So, my point is, that you need to look at each (all) to see which will fill your needs and wants. Overall size (including tag or no tag), floor plan (front or mid kitchen, two or one bath, king or queen, location of TV. which side kit is on..etc), engine, accessories.....all need to come into play here. Visit dealerships and rallys....inspect, drive, dicker....until you find just the right one for you.

Hope this helps

Ron, Sandie, and Maggie May
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #16
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
I was researching the Entegras. They mentioned air leveling but made no comment about jacks. I asked this question on another thread last night, but have not received a response...do the Entegra models...or some of them...not have leveling jacks?

2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #17
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
I was researching the Entegras. They mentioned air leveling but made no comment about jacks. I asked this question on another thread last night, but have not received a response...do the Entegra models...or some of them...not have leveling jacks?
All of Entegras have hydraulic jacks, powered both up and down, no springs. The Cornerstone also has air leveling.
To Ron with the Tiffin, you're right none of the Tiffins or Winnebagos compare to the Cornerstone, but two of the Entegras I owned were Anthems so I can speak to their quality verses the Tiffin bus we owned previously.

I'm just trying to give the OP my take on the three, which is what he ask for. I'm sure he'll drive them and decide for himself regardless of what we say here so I'm not trying to start a us vs them.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #18
We had a 13 Aspire DEQ for almost three years and had no issues. We now have a 16 Anthem 44B and love it. Again no real issues so far. We have been from coast to coast with the 16 (7,500 miles) and have great confidence in the coach and Entegras support. I really can't speak to Tiffin or Winnebago. We decided on the first Entegra at the Hershey RV show as we felt there was more bang for the buck than with the others. They pretty much blew all the competition away with the quality and standard equipment.
2016 Anthem 44B
2013 MKX
waterboy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:00 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I'm extremely happy with our Entegra Anthem. We have owned it now for 16 months and have "lived in it" basically full time since July. Entegra is quiet, well insulated, excellent customer service (even after hours). I have not owned the other two you mentioned, and never will. If we ever trade in - it will be for another Entegra, hands down.
Lynn & Dan Hochradel, & fur kid Carl
2015 Entegra Anthem 44B, Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:19 PM   #20
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Hello Mr D
I am thinking it is time to start to talk a little better about your Magna,,,,,,,,,,before "Karma" starts to set in..........
Your Country Coach is a wonderful, well built, easily recognized Motorcoach in the RV world, nothing like them...........I would like to own one, and have watched/looked at them for some time, and will continue, as in the years to come.......there will be a upgrade for me. Your trouble was with Cummins, not CC
Have you had any big problems with the Coach it self?
I remember back some years ago, A fella bought a brand spanking new Zephyr, and it had engine problems(same problem you had, if I remember right), he got it fixed, started to travel, and have not heard to much from Rudy since.........
This is off topic, but couldn't agree more. Sometimes bad things happen to great engines. We are looking at buying a home in Lake Havasu. If we do, we would not need the newer coach we have and will look for an older high line replacement. Country coach is the first brand we will consider, followed by Monaco. They are both great units, but CC is a step above.
2013 43 QGP Allegro Bus
26' Enclosed trailer for toys
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:38 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
I must say that after the first day in the campground I found there was very little talk about what brand of MH, 5er or TT around the campfire.

Brand seems to be used as an ice-breaker. "Nice rig - would you like some help in parking it? How far back would you like to go?" Everyone seems to compliment everyone else on their unit, admires the paint job and then gets on with enjoying the social aspects camping. Whats for the next pot luck dinner or outing are some of the bigger conversation topics.

It would be terrible to be in a park where all everyone talks about is how nice their MH is and how much better it is than every other brand.
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/inTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:49 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
While I think a Newmar product should be in the final 4

If you have floor plans in each of your final 3 that you like, I would personally go for the Entegra if no other factors were part of the decision process.
Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I looker at the Integra Aspire at the Pomona show last fall. I was very impressed and they're still using Spartan Chassis and haven't bowed to the pressure from Das Freightliner to change. I love my Newmar but if I was to purchase another coach Entegra would be on my short list. I owned 2 gas Winnebago coaches. Great coaches with few problems. My only issue with Winnebago is their paint. The 2 that I owned the clear coat broke down in 5 years and began peeling. My Newmar is 10 years old and still solid and quiet. I'll echo what someone else said, if you find the FP that you like and it works for your needs that's what counts. Especially if the DW likes it. Good luck. BTW Tiffin is a great coach too.

Craig & Carolyn Roberts Apple Valley, CA
2006 Newmar 3910 KSDP 400 ISL Cummins Spartan Mountian Master Chassis
Toad: 2010 Chevy Colorado 4X4
DD788Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:30 AM   #24
Winnebago Owners Club
LOVE everything about our Winnebago.

alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:00 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
If I were buying, based on research thru many years of reading IRV2 owners testimonials across the board, all manufacturers have issues, period. Correcting those issues long term after the purchase Entegra and Tiffin rate the best. Further research regarding ease of solving owners issues after purchase goes to Entegra. IMHO the three manufactured coaches mentioned all offer viable floor plans anyone would be happy with. If DW and I were purchasing a new 2015/2017 coach our list would be Entegra, (2015, 2016 or 2017) American Coach (2016, 2017), Newmar (not DS 2015 or 2016 axle issues). JMHO.
Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 08:04 AM   #26
Thor Owners Club
We like all three of your choices but given the year model we'd go with....

Those are all great choices. We also like some of the Newmar models.

However, given the year models you mentioned my wife and I would go with the TOUR

I would not say this if it were a 13 or older because of some of the slide issues they had but I believe many of the 13's and newer ones have had new and improved slide out.

There are certain cosmetic and functions of the TOUR that are missing from the other coaches that the wife and I really would like.

When it comes to service after the sale and standing behind your product I believe they all do a decent job, but perhaps the bar is a bit higher on Tiffin line. Just from the owners I have spoken with of course.

We will be in the market for a good used MH in a few years and it will probably be a TOUR based on our research. Good luck with yours!!

06 King of the Road 37RLQS
06 Coachman Cross Country 5.9L 300HP 382 DS
03 Jeep Wrangler, 4.0L James, Trina, SMSgt, USAF Ret
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

tiffin, winnebago