Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #43

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter56 View Post
I am new to the forms and blogs, but I am interested in waging a media education on Tiffin Motorhomes.
I have already found one lawsuit against them:.....

Here is my story:
2008 Allegro Bus, bought 2nd owner in 2010, since then I have had multiple issues with the RV, ............................... I will lose thousands of dollars but will trade for another brand.
Any help out there?
I find it "interesting" that all 14 of this new member's posts are in this thread, which he created apparently without bothering to read the community rules quoted below:

QUOTE:

Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.

About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. iRV2.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.

End QUOTE.

IMO, the issue reads more like a serious case of "buyers remorse" after realizing he probably paid too much for a used coach, especially one fraught with all the problems he has encountered. Perhaps his assumtions based on advertising or believing the promises of some used coach salesman added to his disappointment and frustration. Regardless, his final statement says he has already determined the solution to his frustration (trading for another brand), so this entire thread BEGAN as nothing more than a rant in direct violation of the forum rules.

Why the mods did not take action is unknown to me.
Ed

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Please read there website pledges, IT DOESN'T SAY CERTAIN THINGS, IT SAYS OUR COACH. I paid $200k for a coach that the manufacture promised in writing they would stand behind. THEY DID NOTHING!!

I am posting my experience with Tiffin, believe it or not, like it or not. All I am saying is BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
EX Tiffin Owner
You STILL DON'T GET IT, DO YOU ? TIFFIN DOESN"T MANUFACTURE OR WARRANT THE ENGINE AND CHASSIS ! They warrant the structure of the coach, floors, sidwalls,roof, etc. The appliances each have their own warranty through the individual manufacturer..(i.e Dometic, Sony,Atwood, etc) TIFFIN SIMPLY INSTALLS THESE IN THEIR COACHES. IT'S NOT A TIFFIN ISSUE IF YOUR A/C QUIT, OR YOUR STEP MOTOR QUIT. YOU BOUGHT A USED COACH, OUT OF WARRANTY. It's YOUR problem, NOT TIFFINS! Honestly, are you going to vilify WalMart if your toaster quits ??!! And yes, I'm biased, even though I'm not a Tiffin owner at the moment. They build an above average coach for the price point, and when it's time for me to trade, I will buy one just because of that and the customer service. I've spent over 25 years in the RV service industry and determined all this from my dealings with them. You need to study up on all the ins and outs of RV ownership, warranties, etc.... it will save you ALOT of frustration in the long run. And you need to buy from a reputable dealer who will go through the coach you purchase, and know its provenance, who owned it, whats been done to it, etc. This is NOT a business you can just go into blindly, and then lash out at the manufacturer when you have a problem... especially on a USED, OUT OF WARRANTY COACH.I'm bowing out of the discussion now.....

Old 07-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #45

We've owned 9 RV's, 4 Motor Homes, and by far, Tiffin has been the best, and has great customer service. I think if you would just pick up the phone and have a conversation with any of the Tiffin's they would at least head you in the right direction and answer your questions. They are really a nice, personable family.

We have never failed to get a call back. Jerry Williamson, Mark Lane, and really, all the staff at Tiffin have been wonderful to us. We owned an 05 Phaeton for 7 years, and we've had a 2012 since May.

I honestly don't know of any company this day and time that can talk to the CEO and his staff just about any time. They definitely will return your call. The 08 Bus is a beauty. I sincerely hope you can start enjoying it soon.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #46

Quote:
Never took my coach to Tiffin, never ask them to fix anything on my coach!!! Ask for help in not losing my butt because I have to trade one of there coachs years before I planned too. I will gladly pay for what I get but expect to get what I paid for! I paid almost $200k for the coach, Tiffin did NOTHING!
This is IMO the most irrational position that I've read on this forum. The OP buys a used out of warranty MH, then has problems and wants the manufacturer to assist monetarily to buy another MH. Come on -- you made a bad decision and/or the dealer screwed you. Tiffin has nothing to do with that transaction. BTW, where does Tiffin Motorhomes, LLC "... Advertise an implied warranty..., especially to a second or third owner?
Old 07-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #47

Forest River Owners Club
So, now he's going to unload it on some unsuspecting succker.
I hope he believes in full disclosure!
Old 07-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #48

RVGuy, one of the biggest items was the rotted passenger wall behind the door from a leak above the door from the cap and sidewall seperation. Also the wall and steps were full of mushrooms and mold when unit was 3 months old. Also had to have interior ceiling tore out and new aluminum beams put in for a sagging interior ceiling. Just saw a new bus and Phaeton with the same ceiling issues. And so much more.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #49

I believe the OP should read and calmly answer PDRJohn's post which is calm and logical. All I have read is bits of rants from the OP without a clear understanding of what is really going on. I have owned an 04 Phaeton and like others was very pleased with both the quality of the coach and follow up from Tiffin. I am currently looking to buy another coach and Tiffin certainly is being considered.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #50

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry, off topic. But I can't resist.

Wonder what would have happened if the OP had bought a workhorse chassis about three or four years ago with the bosch brake issue...!

Now THAT would REALLY have tripped a trigger.

Might be time to shut this one down.

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #51

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Personally I am glad to see this thread is still running. It may help some prospective buyers and some others understand where any coachbuilders responsibility begins and ends, and that each individual sub-system carries with it a limited warranty. Once those have expired it is folly to seek restitution from the biulder.
The OP is a fine example of how not to bilndly purchase and enter into a contract.
Its been interesting.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #52

When I was a shop manager at a power equipment dealer 25 or so years ago we had a customer come in with an abused 3 year old snapper mower that he bought 2nd hand from a comercial cutter. The mower was worn slap out. He seriously wanted us to repair or replace the mower under warranty because Snapper authorized a warranty on a 3 year old unit belonging to his neighbor. That machine had 28 hours on it and was purchased new from us. So when we sell our phaeton we can tell the buyer that Bob Tiffin will fix anything that goes wrong? Bdaball can tell you that while our coach and his are not without trouble ( we met at RB with some of the same issues) Tiffin did what they could to make us happy. I have been back to RB 4 times for warranty repairs (most recently this past april) and other than the agravation of the issues themselves and the cost of driving to RB I have been satisfied with TMH. I have met Bob Tiffin and have seen him authorize warranty work on OLD coaches. When I went to him I shook his hand, thanked him for talking to me and then mentioned my dissatisfaction with our new coach. He told me not to worry that he would take care of our issues and that he was going to make sure we were satisfied.
Well I am!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:26 PM   #53

Cutter - In answer to your last question as to which I think is better the Integra or the Holiday Rambler, In my opinion they are both good coaches. I have several friends with HR coaches. Entegra is a new name, but part of the bones on their coaches is Travel Supreme which was an excellent motor home.

It may be too late, but you might consider contacting the RVCG (RV consumer group) on their web site. They rate motor homes and I used them extensively when I shopped and bought our used coach three years ago. I only looked at the coaches the RVCG highly rated and am VERY happy with what we bought. The quality of build and materials on our coach is absolutely first class. And even though Country Coach has had significant problems, when we did go to the factory last year with our coach we were treated like family. Ron Lee the owner met us several times and sat down with my wife and I for an hour. They did $1,500 dollars worth of upgrades for us and then only charged us $750. I am just recommending you consider using the RVCG recommendations. They are not perfect but I got very good results using them.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #54

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You are totally off the mark here!!!

I did not ask the factory to warranty anything, please read my post before you post your little quips!! Tiffian advertises standing behind there buses, and superior customer service. The point here was they were totally unconcerned about our problems and did nothing to help one of there customers, NOTHING!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
You have an '08 coach which was probably built sometime in '07, you are the second owner and you want the factory to warrant it? I think you have been in the kool aid. Get a grip, it is a used coach and somewhere along the line the manufacturer has to say "enough".
Old 07-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #55

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Exactly

Mcgyver,
Thank you for making my point, We have heard of Bob Tiffin doing things like that for customers and that is why we bought. I find it halarious that alot of these people assume I didn't do my due dilligence. How can anyone buy a product and expect all those problems. I, like you stood in Mr. Tiffin's office, I was respectful and he told me he would see how they could help and the whole point that no one seems to undertand is HE DID NOTHING!!! That's the point, not how much I could get out of him but he did NOTHING!!! So again, my point is I found his statements on his website to be untrue in my case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
When I was a shop manager at a power equipment dealer 25 or so years ago we had a customer come in with an abused 3 year old snapper mower that he bought 2nd hand from a comercial cutter. The mower was worn slap out. He seriously wanted us to repair or replace the mower under warranty because Snapper authorized a warranty on a 3 year old unit belonging to his neighbor. That machine had 28 hours on it and was purchased new from us. So when we sell our phaeton we can tell the buyer that Bob Tiffin will fix anything that goes wrong? Bdaball can tell you that while our coach and his are not without trouble ( we met at RB with some of the same issues) Tiffin did what they could to make us happy. I have been back to RB 4 times for warranty repairs (most recently this past april) and other than the agravation of the issues themselves and the cost of driving to RB I have been satisfied with TMH. I have met Bob Tiffin and have seen him authorize warranty work on OLD coaches. When I went to him I shook his hand, thanked him for talking to me and then mentioned my dissatisfaction with our new coach. He told me not to worry that he would take care of our issues and that he was going to make sure we were satisfied.
Well I am!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter56
I am new to the forms and blogs, but I am interested in waging a media education on Tiffin Motorhomes.
I have already found one lawsuit against them:
Document 32 :: Wade et al v. Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc. :: 5:2005cv01458 :: New York Northern District Court :: US Federal District Courts Cases :: Justia

Here is my story:
2008 Allegro Bus, bought 2nd owner in 2010, since then I have had multiple issues with the RV, mainly have been stranded on road and towed twice in a row, within 2 months time, spent 15 hours driving back and forth to get coach fixed and 9 nights in hotel room. Tiffin showed absolutely no interest in helping resolve, even though the reason we bought their product was the advertising they do on taking care of their customers and helping if they have problems. Bob Tiffin emailed me and told me no warrenty conveyed, even though the dealer who sold it to us said it did. He said it was the suppliers that Tiffin use's fault. They are totally in breach of a implied warranty they are advertising. We have replaced A/C, step motor, totally rebuilt eng., electrical problems, tv braket problems, both window wiper arms have broken off at different times. Heat pump went out, light switches getting hot, dishwasher door fell off, generator breaker throwing, service eng light keeps coming on for no reason, eng getting hot for no reason, check eng. coolant light comes on for no reason. Electrical problems in main box. Blown oil pan gasket blew oil all over coach and tow rig. I will lose thousands of dollars but will trade for another brand.
Any help out there?
Ambulance chaser attorney trying to find potential class members? Not as obvious as some I have seen on a jeep forum. Skeptical nevertheless.

Tags
service