RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2019, 08:26 AM   #1

Tilt-View Bed Mattress Replacement?

Hi All,

We just purchased a new Class A motorhome (our first Class A) and it has a tilt-view bed. The mattress that came with the motorhome is your typical very uncomfortable type. I would like to replace the mattress, but I assume that you can't just replace it with any ol' kind since it is a tilt-view? Does anyone have any recommendations on an upgraded mattress or should we just look at getting a topper for the one that came with it?

TIA!

smasiello is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not familiar with this mattress but would offer this recommendation - go with an air mattress.

My DP originally had an air mattress but when I bought it they had replaced it with a firm mattress which is oaky for us but I'm looking at replacing it with an air mattress which will allow me to adjust the firmness for one or two. (OH - if you go this way remember to let a lot of air out when heading from the lowlands into the mountains or it will pop a leak. Also carry a good repair kit just in case.)

Be comfortable and drive safe - Richard

Old 08-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #3

Go to Amazon and search for memory foam gel mattresses for RV's. There are many sizes. It will be shipped to you compressed in a box. We have purchased one each for our current and past rigs. I find them very comfortable.
Delaware beaches ----- DW & Kip the Wonder Dog
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:19 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We used the 'Mattress Insider' company - had them fab a 'hinge' near the top. Bought their extra firm with radius corners and then added a 2" topper. Sleeps so much better than the 'Innomax' inflatable bed.

Questions welcomed - if you like call the company and give them my name (Steve DiStasio). My order should help with details (we ordered a king). Make sure they apply any 'referral fee' to your purchase, not to us please.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
Go to Amazon and search for memory foam gel mattresses for RV's. There are many sizes. It will be shipped to you compressed in a box. We have purchased one each for our current and past rigs. I find them very comfortable.
And you can use this on a tilt view bed?
Old 08-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
We used the 'Mattress Insider' company - had them fab a 'hinge' near the top. Bought their extra firm with radius corners and then added a 2" topper. Sleeps so much better than the 'Innomax' inflatable bed.

Questions welcomed - if you like call the company and give them my name (Steve DiStasio). My order should help with details (we ordered a king). Make sure they apply any 'referral fee' to your purchase, not to us please.
This sounds interesting. I will check it out. Thank you for the suggestion.

Tags
ace, mattress, replace, replacement