Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2012, 04:37 PM   #1

Time to Replace the Toilet but with what?

I've got a 1988 Thetford Aqua Magic GL low profile, with water saver, it has so many leaks that I got to replace it. Question is what should I replace it with? I've looked at the Aqua Magic V with water saver, hand flush and foot flush, and the Sealand Traveler lite 210 Series, I like the Sealand cause its a china bowel. Will the Sealand bolt on to the existing flange that the Thetford is on? Or will it have to be changed? Also is the water saver feature better? I currently have to use the sprayer on our old toilet cause the foot flush just doesn't rinse the bowel very well. Any suggestions are needed. And whats better foot or hand flush?
Krazzykitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #2

We have a Sealand 511, its very good. They sell a mounting bracket for it,We recently bought a new one from PPL. Very god service.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The toilet flanges are the same. We have a 511+, foot flush and sprayer. Couldn't ask for a better toilet.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
we also have a sealand pocelain with a foot flush, I just changed out the floor seal, really easy to work on and comfortable to sit on and get the hand sprayer model it's worth it for cleaning up.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sealand

Our last two RV's have had Sealand porcelain bowls, with a sprayer. Compared to the Thetford plastic ones we had previously it's a quantum leap in crappers! (sorry, I couldn't resist that phrase)

'everything' sticks to plastic. 'nuff said?

If the one you order doesn't come with a sprayer be aware that you can easily add one whenever you wish, but why wait?
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #6

What's the difference between the Sealand 511 and the Sealand Traveler Lite 210, besides the 100 price difference. Theres also a 511+ and a 511h, it appears the 511+ is a 2 bolt and the 511h is a 4 bolt, is this correct?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #7

ok, I got it, it appears the 511 is the size of a house toilet, and the 210 is a little smaller, only by an inch in length.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What about the therefore Style II China Toilet, High Profile? Is it still a cheap plastic or is is porcelain? Hard to find information online but the price seems too good to be in the quality of the Sealand.

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Just make sure to take some measurements before you buy the replacement. I have seen posts where a different style toilet was purchased and would not fit due to wall clearance, etc.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
We just bought a Dometic Revolution toilet, just like a residential and love it. Should have gotten it years ago. So much easier to keep clean.
DogsCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to HotMech
I put the Thetford "Aria" Clasic in mine a couple years ago. They also make the "Aria" with automatic flush, but I figured I could still step on the pedal.
K.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you go to this SITE
you can download a chart that shows which Thetford and Sealand toilets replace the one you have. It gives the dimensions of the various models, shows the mounting flange bolt patterns and indicates which ones are direct replacements.
Of course the water line might have to lengthened or shortened.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I was cleaning out the shed today and I ran across the 2" riser for the toilet. It says "Thetford" on it, but I used it on the Sealand in the 5er years ago. Once I put it in, along with a new toilet that was higher, DW did not like her feet swinging so I took it out.

Any one need one. Free to a good home! Pay shipping, or pick it up.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace