Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2016, 07:44 PM   #15

Do they have them for the back wheels as wells as the front wheels? Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #16

Just to chime in from another prospective. Possibly bent rim, also check all u- joints, yokes and slip joints for play...

jamador1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:43 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I still say Centramatic Wheel Balancers is the way to go.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj25 View Post
Do they have them for the back wheels as wells as the front wheels? Thanks.
If you are talking about Centramatic, yes, front and rear. I have the IFS with front disc brake and on the front they mount on the outside of the rim, not between rim and hub. Polished stainless steel and look great. Had them a year and 15K+ and they are great.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #19

he said it comes and goes i dont think its tire related. check the drivetrain you may have a bearing going bad. oily mess on inside of one or both tires is a sign. spin balance might help but it shouldnt shake once and then not.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #20

Add another thumbs-up for beads
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #21

National RV Owners Club
When the Beads are added, do you remove the weights from pervious balancing or leave them on the tire?
Old 08-23-2016, 06:17 AM   #22

I leave the weights on and see what happens. I haven't removed any yet, but if I develop a shimmy, then the lead weights come off.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
At 2025 miles on a 2014 Fleetwood Expedition with all kinds of vibrations, front, rear, seat, wheel, etc. Three so-called truck tire dealers, two new tires, two new rear wheels, three times balancing, some with beads, some with lead and continuing vibrations, I finally brought the coach to a Freightliner Repair Dealer who sent the coach to an alignment shop. Brand new front Goodyear tires needed truing/shaving and on the coach balancing. They performed a front end alignment and adjusted Camber. Front end vibrations gone. Still had that familiar vibration in the seat. Next they trued/shaved the rears and rebalanced. Wow! SMOOTH! It seemed that the tires had flat spots from sitting up before I bought it and/or the Goodyears are ALL out of round, even the two new ones on the front. I drove over 5K with all the shimming and shaking and vibrating. Now I can relax and enjoy the smooth roads of Louisiana. Now that's a joke.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yn1bennett View Post

When the Beads are added, do you remove the weights from pervious balancing or leave them on the tire?
If you had ordered the authentic Ceramic Dyna Beads from Innovative Balancing they would have told you for motorcycles and scooters YES but for cars and SUV's NO. They don't mention anything about trucks and RV's. A call to them would clear it up quickly.

Dyna Beads FAQ

I had my weights removed and the Dyna Beads have been in my tires for over 6 years now.

Love them!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-17-2016, 10:15 AM   #25

Hi Everybody,

Finally got my rv in to get vibration checked. Was told my driveshaft bearings needed replacing. Haven't driven yet, but hope it is all fixed. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjhall View Post
I got my tires from a dealer that has a Hunter Force Match HD Balancer. There is a dealer locator on rights side of page linked above. In the Phoenix area I used Redburn Tire Company. Very smooth ride after they trued and balance my tires.
The Hunter balancer really works. It fixed a front end balance issue we had on our last rv. However I put Centramatics on our new to us mh. Love them.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:39 AM   #27

I received my centramatic balancer last night. The plan is to put them on this weekend, front and back.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #28
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
I will give a testimonial to Customer Service at Centramatics. I have been chasing a shake in the front end since new. After installing the Centramatic all around and making little to no difference I sent an e-mail to them for advice. The next morning I got a call from Jerry and he spent over an hour discussing my problems and offering solutions. He acted like I had bought 1000 sets rather than one.

While I am just now getting started on finding out what is wrong due to other pressing issues hopefully I am on the right path. I do have some experience with the Centramatics on a triple digits 18 wheeler a long time ago...and that's all I'll say.