Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #15
Originally Posted by brocja01 View Post
Has anyone put on coopers? I got a really good quote on 6 new tires installed for less then 2k.

Cooper Road Masters with no issues. Good tires and at a good price. We used Equal powder to ballance the tires.

2001 Georgetown 346S Motorhome
RDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #16
Hi Bob, You have yet to tell anyone what type of tire or size your looking for. If you are riding on a rim less than a 22.5, everything is different, over 22.5 you enter the commercial sizes and prices go from pricey to the Michelin stratosphere. If your not concerned with ride, steering or handling, you can purchase trailer tires which will make your ride like the Flintstones. If you care about ride, steering, handling and safety, you might want to spend the extra money. I would hate to hear something bad happened to you because you wanted cheap tires. I hope you find in your search you decide on a less expensive quality tire. You will find nothing about an RV over 32 ft. Class A is cheap. I purchased six 265/76R 22.5 154 Series Toyo's for $2990 out the door at Les Schwab, Toyo has several tires in the 22.5 rim size that can meet you needs, depending on your original size and your coaches requirements. I have driven about 400 miles on them in both hot weather and heavy rain. The ride was good, steering responsive and solid under braking. Good luck with your search.

wheelsturnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:20 AM   #17
if you really want to save money and don't mind about the riding quality, check farm equipment suppliers. they have the identical size tires for tractors at half price of what brand name rv tires normally are asking for.
2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:59 PM   #18
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We also put Coopers on our previous motorhome. They were 19.5's. We were very happy with them. No problems in about 7500 miles. No obvious wear and ride quality was as good or better than the goodyear 159's we replaced.
Palm Springs, CA - 2005 National Tropi Cal 370LX on a Freightliner, Cat 350 power. Towing a Rinker R1 - Lake Havasu Bound!!
homecan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:40 PM   #19
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
I replaced my Mich's with Sumitomos.
Do some research and you'll find that Sumitomo does some manufacturing for both Goodyear and Dunlop.
Mine were purchased through a family owned truck business...$300/ea mounted and Equal balancing beads.

Another happy user of Sumitomos. I have a lot of miles on them and they still look like new.

Fred & Vicki
Richmond Hill, Ga
2000 H.R.Endeavor/Freightliner/330 Cat
Fred Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #20
I guess I got lucky....my tires are 19.5s not 21.5, and there are 8 not 10 like I thought.

Now the question is what might be a good choice for tires which are 8R19.5 12 ply? Currently there are Bridgestones on there from '05 and they look like new. Makes me think that these are a good choice. What sayeth you all?
SissyBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #21
Winnebago Owners Club
Been through the cheap thought of hercules then hankooks. Bought Michelin for 400 each because I plan on keeping these tires for 10 years and if you do the math on cheaper tires I felt why take the risk for 90 bucks a year over ten years? I am cheap as hell just not that cheap.
2000 Suncruiser 35U....New to me in 2013 with only 13000 miles!!!
bhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #22
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My brother is an over the road truck driver. When I talked to him, he said they use Dynatrac. I bought 6 2-3 years ago and have not had any complaints. 245-70-19.5. They are about 1/2 price of other tires and H rated. I will buy them again if I need to.

Kenh1 is offline   Reply With Quote

class a