Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tire Cost FMCA for Michelins

Can someone go onto the FMCA site and see what price they are reporting for 275/70r22.5 tires in their Michelin Advantage Program? thx

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #2

Tire prices change daily best bet is to call them. That is my size about $1100 tax in and installed for 2 last spring

mccrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by grthigpen View Post
Can someone go onto the FMCA site and see what price they are reporting for 275/70r22.5 tires in their Michelin Advantage Program? thx
Sorry, but that isn't possible. Prices are not published there. The program does not work that way. My understanding (possibly outdated) is that the final price you pay for the tires is determined AFTER they are installed. You get to decide which dealer you buy through, and you pay him whatever you agree on for the mounting, balancing, stems, etc. and THEN you get a separate charge direct from Michelin for the cost of the tires.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grthigpen View Post
grthigpen
Before you buy tires I suggest you Google, (or search iRV2 forums), for "Michelin sidewall cracks".
Old 09-05-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Sorry, but that isn't possible. Prices are not published there. The program does not work that way. My understanding (possibly outdated) is that the final price you pay for the tires is determined AFTER they are installed. You get to decide which dealer you buy through, and you pay him whatever you agree on for the mounting, balancing, stems, etc. and THEN you get a separate charge direct from Michelin for the cost of the tires.

This is entirely wrong. This is they way it works. BTW, the price of your tire you ask about was $520.30 as of Dec. 2015. I have used the program and saved some $$.

Follow these instructions to locate a commercial Michelin RV tire dealer and claim your exclusive FMCA-member tire discount on eligible Michelin and BF Goodrich tires.
NOTE: To purchase Michelin or BF Goodrich tires, you must use an authorized commercial Michelin dealer: a dealer that sells all three types of tires: commercial truck, light truck, and passenger car AND that accepts the Michelin Advantage Program. Please call the dealer to verify.
Get Started

1. Determine the tire size and tread design that you require. All tire sizes might not be available through the program.
Here are samples of models, sizes and prices of tires included in the program:
  1. Michelin RV (Commercial Truck) tires (PDF)
  2. Michelin Light Truck tires (PDF)
  3. Michelin Passenger Car tires (PDF)
  4. BFGoodrich RV tires (PDF)
  5. BFGoodrich Light Truck tires (PDF)
  6. BFGoodrich Passenger Car tires (PDF)
RV tires ó sample prices effective Dec. 1, 2014 (PDF)
2. Find your nearest commercial Michelin RV tire dealer. Go to www.michelinrvtires.com and enter your zip code in the dealer locator. The dealers will be listed in the order closest to your location. Select the dealer that best suits your tire needs.
Call the Dealer, Provide Ship-To Number

1. Call the dealer to:
  • Check for availability of the specific tire size and tread design that you require.
  • Make sure they handle the Michelin Advantage Program.
2. Tell the dealer you will be purchasing your tires through Family Motor Coach Associationís Advantage Account. FMCA's Michelin Advantage Account number, or Ship-To number, is 1326516. You will need to provide this number to the dealer. You must also provide your e-mail address. Your FMCA membership number will act as your purchase order number.
3. When you contact the Dealer to determine which size tire you will need for your RV, Passenger Car or Light Truck, make sure you ask for the five-digit MSPN number for the tire size you are purchasing. Contact FMCA at (800) 543-3622 and provide the MSPN for a quote on the price of the tires.
  • The ACTUAL discounted tire price will be shown on the invoice that you receive from FMCA a few days after your tires have been installed. Invoices will be sent out Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time.
  • Any fees for mounting, balancing, state and local taxes, and tire disposal are extra and quoted locally by the servicing dealer, so those fees are not included in the discount program.
4. Schedule an appointment with the dealer and review your order to ensure accuracy.
Example: 8-Michelin 295/80R22.5 XZA2 Energy Load Range H (16Ply), MSPN #76807.
5. Review the service that is needed. Example: Balance New Valve Stems.
Register Your Credit Card in Michelin's System

Because you will be purchasing the tires directly from Michelin through a Michelin dealer, you will need to preregister your credit card with Michelin. Michelin accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards only.
To preregister your card, contact the Michelin Advantage Program at (888) 532-6435 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time and select option 1. To register your card afterhours, call Michelin at (800) 847-9855. Your card information will remain on file for 30 days and will be set up for one-time use only. If your tire transaction has not been completed within 30 days, you will need to re-register your card.
At the time of purchase, the dealer will ask only for the name on the card, the first digit, the last four digits and the expiration date. This ensures that your full credit card information remains secure.
If you make additional purchases in the future, you will need to call and preregister your card again at that time.
At the Dealer: Evaluate the Coach, Wheels

Once you have arrived at the dealer for service, walk around the coach with the service writer or salesman. Note any existing damage to the coach and/or wheels. This will protect everyone.
Complete the Purchase with Credit Card and P.O. Number

After the work is finished, you will need to provide the dealer with your VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit card information to complete the transaction at the servicing dealership. You will only provide the dealer with the name on the card, the first digit, the last four digits and the expiration date of the card that you preregistered.
  • Your credit card will be billed by Michelin, so do not be surprised if you get an invoice from the dealer with a zero balance or an inflated balance. Because of a contract between FMCA and Michelin North America, the dealer is unable to give you an invoice with an accurate price.
  • Your credit card will be billed the discounted price, not the inflated price.
Be sure to provide your FMCA membership number and e-mail address! Providing your membership number and e-mail address will ensure that you receive your invoice from FMCA.
For warranty issues, please contact MICHELIN Consumer Care at (800) 847-3435 or visit www.michelinrvtires.com.
You should receive your invoice within seven business days from the date of purchase. The transaction is now complete. Enjoy your new tires!
Old 09-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #6

The sample pricing sheet shows XZA's in that size at just a bit over $500 per tire. I used the program to replace mine a couple years ago and saved a substantial amount over retail pricing. The XRV's I bought priced out even lower that a local dealer could sell me Hankook or Toyo.

You sign up for the program and go through your local Michelin truck tire dealer. The dealer will be able to provide an accurate pricing estimate.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dons2346: first you say my post is "entirely wrong" and ignore the part I included about my info possibly being outdated and then you go on to confirm that most of what is said is essentially correct.

I was simply replying to the op that we can't just look on the FMCA website to see tire prices. I think your highly detailed post confirms that is true.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
True
Old 09-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #9

As don said I got 6 Michelin 295/80R22.5 XZA2 in 2013 called the dealer to see if they had them in stock they did, then I call FMCA and gave them my credit card all I had to pay extra for was the mounting, balancing and tax.
Everything went great
2 stroker
2 Stroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:21 PM   #10

I use the same advantage program direct and the current price sheet went into effect sept 1st and prices went up 25 bucks or so. The price I am seeing is $479.16 plus 32.51 FET.
Again that's my advantage program price but I do think its the same for FMCA members.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #11

Other tips.

1) Talk with the tire shop and get mounting and balancing and recycle costs estimates first.

2) Then also validate they have the tires you want, with the Born on Dates that are satisfactory to you. And the best price they can do for you on them. (They have some wiggle room, so do always ask if they can do anything else for you!)

3) Then go thru the FMCA program following the required steps.

Many of the times it will not matter, but this way you will know for sure the the costs of mounting an balancing - prior to cutting into the tire place profits... This way they will not try to recoup some of the profits, with a higher mounting and balancing cost!

And please take note of the BF Goodrich also being part of the program. BF Goodrich ST230's are a good tire. I just picked up two on an emergency replacement while traveling, due to pot hole damage to my Michelin XZE*'s. I'm currently planning on moving these to the tag's, and buying 4 more for the duals. Then I'll probably go with the Michelin XZA2's for the steers.

Save some $$, have good tires all around!

Best to all,
Smitty
Old 09-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #12

Don't overlook the FMCA statement that says something like; check with your Michelin dealer first, some may be able to sell tires cheaper than the FMCA pricing.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 12:00 AM   #13

I only saved about $35/ tire but over 6 tires it paid for a little less than half a tire. Mounting and balancing is not insignificant.
Old 09-06-2015, 10:57 AM   #14

American Coach Owners Club
I just checked with Michelin yesterday on prices for 295x80x22.5 and the prices were the exact same as the price sheet for December. Also checked with three different dealers, none had them in stock, all said could get them within three days. All three said they could not come close to FMCA prices even without telling them what the prices were. All said they could NOT give any $$$ for case cost to buy mine as they were beyond 7 years. They ALL said they were not allowed to retread anything over 7 years. ALL said there were very few opporrtunites to even resale that tire size as coaches were the primary users for that size tire. ALL three priced me Toyo's and ALL three were more expensive than FMCA Michelins.

As for Hankook's, I have not been able to find them in my size.