Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #15

I have been doing a ton of research on tire covers... and there seems to be a lot of information that says tire covers do not provide significant protection and can actually contribute to shorter life span by trapping moisture.

I do like the ones above from the local maker in the Mesa Market... could someone post a bit more info... like who the maker is? and how they attach?

Thanks,
Mal

Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #16

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Mal, I would love to see articles on that about the tire covers.

That would be so nice not to have to worry about them, however; I can't imagine the covers don't block UV breakdown by the sun though....?

Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #17

Let me see if I can find some links for you... there were a lot of threads over on RV.NET on the subject.

I am in the same position as you... and I agree that it seems like covers could only help... but I get the issue with trapping moisture and "baking" the tires behind wraps.

I liked the idea of the "curtains" that hang in the wheel well...

Mal
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
They look like they would take more storage area(not fold up small) then the regular covers like CW. How wide is the snap ring?

By the way I never have had to do any crawling putting them on. In over 15 years of using them never had needed to use the bungee or cords to keep them on. And regular covers are 1/2 the price as the snap ones.

If you click on the first link in my original message, there's a video (if you scroll down a bit). You can see how big the ring is there. Since they do have a flexible ring in them, you can't fold them as tight as regular fold up ones but they do still fold (except the ring part which is smaller than a garden hose, but not as pliable).

We do keep ours in a storage bin (but I'm not a full-timer), and storage space of these hasn't been an issue.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maladjusted View Post
I have been doing a ton of research on tire covers... and there seems to be a lot of information that says tire covers do not provide significant protection and can actually contribute to shorter life span by trapping moisture.

I do like the ones above from the local maker in the Mesa Market... could someone post a bit more info... like who the maker is? and how they attach?

Thanks,
Mal
I got mine from Sundancer Shades
www.sundancershades.com
Queen Creek AZ, 800-547-7791

They came to my site in Casa Grande, measured and made templates, came back in 4 days and installed them. A mom&pop shop that was very professional, and reasonable.

Other makers may only use 70 or 80% UV screens, and then they ship them to you and you get the joy of hoping you can install them correctly.

Dave

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1395304171.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	508.0 KB
ID:	43216

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #20

I have the same size tire and I believe I bought "BUS" size from CW. On the back of the package is the chart that shows you what size to buy based on your tire size.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #21

Mine are from RV Sunshades. They have independent dealers all over the country. They came to our site in Texas (Man/Wife team) and parked their van in front of our rig. Put their sewing table out behind the van. While DH did the measuring and installing the snap buttons, DW was cutting and sewing. Couple of hours and they were done. Made one for the windshield, the driver side window, the entry door and window next to the door, all four wheel covers and two Naugahyde covers for the mirrors. Total cost was around $1000. They fit perfect.
I installed a piece of 4" & 6" PVC pipe on one of my basement cargo slides so I can roll them up in two rolls for storage. They will reduce the inside temperature by as much as 15+ deg with them installed on the windows.
As a side note, when I asked for a choice of colours, they said they only supply them in their patented Black because it is the only colour that is effective against UV Rays. I don't know if this is a true fact or a sales pitch but that is what I was told. Hence, we have black ones.......
You can google RVsunshades.com to find a dealer near you.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post

I got mine from Sundancer Shades
www.sundancershades.com
Queen Creek AZ, 800-547-7791

They came to my site in Casa Grande, measured and made templates, came back in 4 days and installed them. A mom&pop shop that was very professional, and reasonable.

Other makers may only use 70 or 80% UV screens, and then they ship them to you and you get the joy of hoping you can install them correctly.

Dave
I got windshield and DS/PS window shades and the tire shades for about $600

Old 07-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Mine are from RV Sunshades. They have independent dealers all over the country. They came to our site in Texas (Man/Wife team) and parked their van in front of our rig. Put their sewing table out behind the van. While DH did the measuring and installing the snap buttons, DW was cutting and sewing. Couple of hours and they were done. Made one for the windshield, the driver side window, the entry door and window next to the door, all four wheel covers and two Naugahyde covers for the mirrors. Total cost was around $1000. They fit perfect.
I installed a piece of 4" & 6" PVC pipe on one of my basement cargo slides so I can roll them up in two rolls for storage. They will reduce the inside temperature by as much as 15+ deg with them installed on the windows.
As a side note, when I asked for a choice of colours, they said they only supply them in their patented Black because it is the only colour that is effective against UV Rays. I don't know if this is a true fact or a sales pitch but that is what I was told. Hence, we have black ones.......
You can google RVsunshades.com to find a dealer near you.
That also included the wiper covers!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post

That also included the wiper covers!
:-)
Yep

Old 07-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
I have the same size tire and I believe I bought "BUS" size from CW. On the back of the package is the chart that shows you what size to buy based on your tire size.
Correction. Check my size today and it was "OS" ADCO covers. "OS" is oversize, one size larger than "BUS". Perfect fit on my 295 - 22.5 tires.