Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Tire dealers in Seattle area?

Anyone have some suggestions on reputable RV tire dealers in Seattle area? My tires are 7 years old now, so I probably need to replace them. I looked real close today, and I can just see some very light cracks showing. I have the XRV tires, so I guess I'll replace with the same.

Thanks.

ctusdenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 AM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
I would head down to Oregon and find a Les Schwab > Home shop. You save the sales tax and they are savvy when it comes to rv tires. I recommend the shop in Junction City,OR

Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #3

Don't need to head very far. Les Schwab stores are all over Seattle and the surrounding area. We've been customers of them forever. Excellent service and good prices.

I got the top-of-the-line Toyos at the Anacortes store for our rig after we bought it. With balancing, steel valve stems, new extension stems on the inner duallies, it came to just under $2300. They're 19.5 tires and the local store manager specifically went through the warehouse inventory to find the newest tires they had. I got 6-week old tires and didn't even have to ask.

I had a brake job done on my Kia 18 months ago. It recently started a shimmy at the front when I put the brakes on. They looked it over, re-lubricated the caliper slide pins and re-skimmed the RTH front disc, no charge.

No connection with Schwab except for being a satisfied customer.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm with the others, but you need to check the stores ability to install on an RV.
We have a new Les Swabs in Vancouver and it's in a purley residential area, I have an account there for my car so common sence said go there for RV tires, they said they would be happy to sell $2,000 worth of tires, but I would have to find somewhere else to have them mounted.
I walked the parking lot and the manager said because they were in a family neighborhood that they had very little truck or RV traffic, so because of the small lot they choose not to service big units.
The other store on Mill Plains street do trucks, as do most of the ones I have stopped at during our trips, I can't say enough about what great people work there.
Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #5

Not sure where in the Seattle area you are? I wouldn't travel to Oregon to get tires because the money you save on sales tax will be eaten up in fuel. If you can try getting out of the King County area (highest sales tax in state) and look at Les Schwab in Pierce County. But I would think you are still going to spend at least $2000.

Good Luck
Arnold
Go Dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #6

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Is there a Superior tire up that way? I got my tires last year from them at fleet prices.

Nope, closest is Longview.

Are you and FMCA member? If so you can use their fairly new Michelin member pricing. Check the FMCA website for info.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #7

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
I'm with the others, but you need to check the stores ability to install on an RV.
We have a new Les Swabs in Vancouver and it's in a purely residential area, I have an account there for my car so common sense said go there for RV tires, they said they would be happy to sell $2,000 worth of tires, but I would have to find somewhere else to have them mounted.
I walked the parking lot and the manager said because they were in a family neighborhood that they had very little truck or RV traffic, so because of the small lot they choose not to service big units.
The other store on Mill Plains street do trucks, as do most of the ones I have stopped at during our trips, I can't say enough about what great people work there.
Larry
Larry, the one on 63rd and Hwy 99 does truck tires as does the one on Columbia Blvd in Portland.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Well, pulled the trigger on 6 new Michelin XRV 235/80 R22.5 today with Les Schwab. Total, mounted and out the door $3160. Merry Christmas to me! Glad I won't have to do that for another 6-7 years (crossing fingers).
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Denny,

That's about $120 more per tire than we paid for our Toyos at Les Schwab in Sutherlin, Oregon.

Glad we stayed with what the manufacturer originally installed and had them done in Oregon. That's a significant amount of change for us. We changed ours out after 7 years and ~70,000 miles, nice ride and happy with them.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:16 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctusdenny View Post
Well, pulled the trigger on 6 new Michelin XRV 235/80 R22.5 today with Les Schwab. Total, mounted and out the door $3160. Merry Christmas to me! Glad I won't have to do that for another 6-7 years (crossing fingers).
I just saw this thread and was going to suggest Phelps Tires in Everett where I got my tires a couple months ago, but as I read down I see you have made your purchase, so happy roads ahead to you.
Mochisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I saw this late but for he next guy checkout:
TDS-Tire Distribution Systems

20726 Yew Way, Snohomish, WA 98296-4916

(425) 488-6114
Old 12-17-2011, 08:14 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
I got a quote from Phelps Tire, and they were about $300 more than what I paid.

I probably could have shopped a bit more, but I figured I'd just do it since I want to use the coach skiing over Christmas. Anyway, I've got the new shoes on now, so off to the next project: installing a 32" LCD TV in place of the old 27" tube. Fun fun!

Thanks to all who posted. I appreciate your help.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 AM   #13

I got some Bridgestone from Les Schwabs on Hwy 99 by the Everett Mall. They had a good price and came to my RV park and replaced them there. It you spend some time in research you will find that tire life is greater that what common knowledge thinks. If tread is good they say after 10 years you should have them checked by a dealer. There is great info on tires and wear on the internet and from tire manufacturers. Dave