Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #29

With the exception of using coach air pressure, be sure to install and use a water separator in-line to remove moisture from the compressed air. Don't do it and you end up with a couple ounces of moisture/water in your tires in a few years. That moisture in the compressed air is the main cause of wide pressure swings in hot weather.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbounders View Post
I have a new Viair compressor on order from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit: Automotive

It's a little pricy, but from everything I've seen online, it gets very good reviews, comes with everything you need to inflate high-pressure RV tires, and looks very compact. I can report back with more info after I get to use it this weekend (it's scheduled to arrive later this week)!

if the cost is to high you can buy just a viair pump just its self for 160$ and install the fittings your self

i have 2 of them to make 4 CFM and i have one higher end unit that makes 4 CFM alone installed in the side of the RV

Old 10-12-2014, 08:06 PM   #31

learning a lot here... kinda like an oil air compressor with 150psi, min 4 cfm, on 110v electric. anyone has a recommendation? (oops, don't mean to hijack )
Old 10-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for all of the great information. We ended up with a decent compressor and checked all of the tires to be sure everything was correct and found a couple of lbs low on rear and tag. Gave them each a little touch and had the coach out for the weekend and it drove like a Porsche. Loved it. Thank you, again for all of the great information. Don't know what we would do without all of the great knowledge out there. Keep it up!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:17 AM   #33
Commercial Member

How to get dry air for your tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
With the exception of using coach air pressure, be sure to install and use a water separator in-line to remove moisture from the compressed air. Don't do it and you end up with a couple ounces of moisture/water in your tires in a few years. That moisture in the compressed air is the main cause of wide pressure swings in hot weather.
I address the "wet air" by draining the separator plus using this dryer I made.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #34

Quote:
I have a new Viair compressor on order from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit: Automotive

It's a little pricy, but from everything I've seen online, it gets very good reviews, comes with everything you need to inflate high-pressure RV tires, and looks very compact. I can report back with more info after I get to use it this weekend (it's scheduled to arrive later this week)!
there is another unit without wording "-RV", don't know what the differences are http://www.amazon.com/Viair-40043-VI...r+400p+150+psi
Old 10-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
there is another unit without wording "-RV", don't know what the differences are Amazon.com: VIAIR 400P Portable Compressor: Automotive
@CountryFit,

Looks like the difference is that the less-expensive 400P unit is missing the following items that are included on the 400P-RV:
  • Extra 30' of coil hose
  • Tire inflation gun
  • 45-Degree Extended Reach Chuck (For Dual Rear Wheels)
Old 10-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #36

Quote:
@CountryFit,

Looks like the difference is that the less-expensive 400P unit is missing the following items that are included on the 400P-RV:
  • Extra 30' of coil hose
  • Tire inflation gun
  • 45-Degree Extended Reach Chuck (For Dual Rear Wheels)
just noticed from 400p spec that its inline gauge is to 100psi. does your 400p-rv come with the same gauge?
Old 10-19-2014, 12:56 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
just noticed from 400p spec that its inline gauge is to 100psi. does your 400p-rv come with the same gauge?
No... the 400P-RV has an inline gauge that reads up to 130psi, so that's another difference.