Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2017, 07:45 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
I use EEZRV Tpms with remote unit on rear wall. RV and F-150 (extended cab and 6 1/2 bed) combined is almost 65' front to tail. Works well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 08:05 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have the TST 507 non flow thru model on 8 coach and 4 toad tires with a repeater.

I had purchased a six sensor kit for our Fifth Wheel...then purchased another 6 sensor kit when we moved to a tag axle coach and toad. (Better price than pairs of sensors alone)

I am now having issues with the plastic depressor in their sensors. They obviously need to be removed to add air..,they say that removing them when not being used extends battery life. So, with all of this on an off,,, I've had the plastic depressor splay to the point it will not reliably depress the poppet in the tire stem. The result...low reading or no reading.

Customer service??? I was told that I had tightened them too much, brass vs plastic is "not feasible" due to dissimilar metal corrosion...and was invited to PURCHASE a replacement sensor.

I am looking to replace my TST system with one that uses a brass depressor, user replaceable battery...and hopefully a good track record.

What's in your sensors??? Brass depressors or Plastic???
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
I have the EEZTIRE T515 easy to install and program. I use the non- flow through sensors. I have been very happy with them so far. Luckily my rear duals are far enough apart I can reach my hand in between them and install or remove the sensors. I think it would be a bear if I had to install/remove then thought the simulators and the wheels.
I velcroed the display to the dash and hardwired in to 12 V acc.

Nothing on my trailer yet maybe someday when I have another $100 to spend on toys.
jaywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #18

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I have Tire Minder A1A and brass transmitters.
FLjeffro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:29 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to Mike and Susan Send a message via Yahoo to Mike and Susan
Thank you to everyone for their input we sure do appreciate it
Old 01-26-2017, 01:21 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
I have the TST 507 non flow thru model on 8 coach and 4 toad tires with a repeater.

I had purchased a six sensor kit for our Fifth Wheel...then purchased another 6 sensor kit when we moved to a tag axle coach and toad. (Better price than pairs of sensors alone)

I am now having issues with the plastic depressor in their sensors. They obviously need to be removed to add air..,they say that removing them when not being used extends battery life. So, with all of this on an off,,, I've had the plastic depressor splay to the point it will not reliably depress the poppet in the tire stem. The result...low reading or no reading.

Customer service??? I was told that I had tightened them too much, brass vs plastic is "not feasible" due to dissimilar metal corrosion...and was invited to PURCHASE a replacement sensor.

I am looking to replace my TST system with one that uses a brass depressor, user replaceable battery...and hopefully a good track record.

What's in your sensors??? Brass depressors or Plastic???
Tire-safeguard cap type sensor, replaceable batteries
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170126_010137.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	150083  
Old 01-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #21

Commercial Member

When buying on-line be sure to read the ad carefully. Some low cost TPMS do not allow adjustment of the set or warning psi. Some may have a pressure limit that is lower than your application.

Take the minimum psi needed to support the measured load. Add 10% that would be a good CIP "set" pressure. The upper pressure warning can be 125% of the CIP

Can the seller tell you if you need a signal booster when you provide the RV model or length? If not then you might consider a different seller.

You are buying a SAFETY device. Do you really want to buy one where low cost is the main buying reason?

Warranty 3 year would my suggested minimum with 5 year to lifetime more desirable

Can you buy a single replacement sensor if you damage one?
Old 01-27-2017, 05:34 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
When buying on-line be sure to read the ad carefully. Some low cost TPMS do not allow adjustment of the set or warning psi. Some may have a pressure limit that is lower than your application.

Take the minimum psi needed to support the measured load. Add 10% that would be a good CIP "set" pressure. The upper pressure warning can be 125% of the CIP

Can the seller tell you if you need a signal booster when you provide the RV model or length? If not then you might consider a different seller.

You are buying a SAFETY device. Do you really want to buy one where low cost is the main buying reason?

Warranty 3 year would my suggested minimum with 5 year to lifetime more desirable

Can you buy a single replacement sensor if you damage one?
Very good points...all.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:53 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt_1111 View Post
Tire-safeguard cap type sensor, replaceable batteries

Now that is more like it!!!

The depressor inside of that sensor is very well designed!!! A lot of my refrigerant fittings that I use for A/C work (EPA certified, DIY hobbiest - not my main job) have that type of depressor inside.

If you look at the tip of the dill pin inside a Schrader valve...and then look at the contact surface of the depressor...which will take the rotating/pressing action better???

The crossbar with a flat center section?
The brass tube with two tips protruding upward?
The plastic tube with two tips protruding upward?

I vote for the crossbar design...

Having said that...the crossbar design is more than capable of ruining the dill pin if it's not adjusted to the correct depth in the valve stem. But, I would rather replace the valve core in my stem...than to have to replace a whole sensors at 2 for $109.00 because the plastic depressor gets splayed with use.

Thanks for that photo. It is more of what I'm looking for.

Before I buy a whole new system...or replace my failed sensor...I am going to try an experiment.

1)Remove the rubber gasket from my TST 507 sensor.
2)Dremel out the splayed plastic depressor in my TST 507 sensor...flush.
3)3D print different prototypes of drop-in depressors.
4)Drop in the 3D part and reinstall the rubber gasket.
5)Check on vehicle for proper operation.
6)Evaluate the wear to see if it is worth applying to all of my other sensors as they wear out.

It sure won't cost hardly anything to try...if it works,,,I print a bunch of them to keep on hand. If it doesn't pass muster...I'll be buying a new system from other than TST which I feel will better serve my needs.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
I am a long time Tire SafeGuard TPMS user. I own a 10 wheel system for my coach and daily driver. I have another 4 wheel system for my wife's car and a two wheel one for my motorcycle.

It's the best on the market in my opinion.

Stay away from Doran. It is junk aka POC.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #25

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
Now that is more like it!!!

The depressor inside of that sensor is very well designed!!! A lot of my refrigerant fittings that I use for A/C work (EPA certified, DIY hobbiest - not my main job) have that type of depressor inside.

If you look at the tip of the dill pin inside a Schrader valve...and then look at the contact surface of the depressor...which will take the rotating/pressing action better???

The crossbar with a flat center section?
The brass tube with two tips protruding upward?
The plastic tube with two tips protruding upward?

I vote for the crossbar design...

Having said that...the crossbar design is more than capable of ruining the dill pin if it's not adjusted to the correct depth in the valve stem. But, I would rather replace the valve core in my stem...than to have to replace a whole sensors at 2 for $109.00 because the plastic depressor gets splayed with use.

Thanks for that photo. It is more of what I'm looking for.

Before I buy a whole new system...or replace my failed sensor...I am going to try an experiment.

1)Remove the rubber gasket from my TST 507 sensor.
2)Dremel out the splayed plastic depressor in my TST 507 sensor...flush.
3)3D print different prototypes of drop-in depressors.
4)Drop in the 3D part and reinstall the rubber gasket.
5)Check on vehicle for proper operation.
6)Evaluate the wear to see if it is worth applying to all of my other sensors as they wear out.

It sure won't cost hardly anything to try...if it works,,,I print a bunch of them to keep on hand. If it doesn't pass muster...I'll be buying a new system from other than TST which I feel will better serve my needs.
Boy that's a lot of effort.

Here is what my sensor looks like

The center is solid rubber like material. This would appear to be substantial enough to not split. You can see a slight depression in the center that helps center the Schrader valve stem pin which would seem to prevent bending or damaging the valve core.

I have confirmed that the center part is serviceable if damaged from over-tightening of the sensor occur. It would also be replaced under the Lifetime Warranty. A feature I have suggested seems like a major plus to me.

No picture of the pin-depressor portion of other TPM sensors and I have not conducted any durability testing of the different sensor designs so can not offer more than an educated guess.

I do not sell TPMS or make any commission on TPM sales. I bought TPMS before I started to write my blog for RVTravel and that is the company that approves and accept advertising. I have no say in the process.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #26

I just installed the EEZRV system on the MH and Toad. Works as advertised, slightly larger screen than some of the others and alerts use English words. I'm happy with it and the customer service responses to my questions.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #27

Tpms

I just purchased EEZRV Tpms (6 tires) thru Amazon. Seems like best reviews, best display and value for the money.
Notchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #28

Very much a personal preference> I think most everyone is pleased with the system they chose. From my due diligence went with TST, one of the older suppliers. Non flow through, motorhome and toad. Initially helped me set up up via phone and answered several subsequent questions promptly.

Tried to pass on a repeater, but would drop out r/f Mh tire and one or two on toad, Mh is only 36'. Powered it via an appropriate low voltage 110v scrap cell phone charger mounted above bed cabinet and plugged in only when traveling.

Removed anti-theft covers so sensors would fit in wheel recess holes hidden away from sight.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote