Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #43
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The below link is for my sanity regarding this thread.

However, if you start with the earlier issue of this blog you will find some very good information regarding tire safety in general. It may apply to your automobile, or RV based on topic.

RV Tire Safety With Roger Marble

I'll defer all future information regarding this thread to Roger Marble and his blog. If you have a question, there is one place you can go to get an answer.

Happy trails.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Boy you folks covered a lot of ground in a week of postings.
Thanks to Wayne for the mention of my Blog.

First off you need to remember that you have some good info on this Forum. Check out Tire Info Links if you need to find manufacturer specific info.

RE Tire Load & Inflation charts. The vast majority of tires have identical rating for Max Load at the tires Max inflation. Most tires are covered in the US by the Tire & Rim Association. Occasionally a manufacturer will increase or decrease the load or inflation spec for a specific size & type tire used in a specific application. This adjustment is usually no more than one step in the charts.

RE Max speed rating. If you go look at a passenger tire you will probably see something like P205/70R15 84 H where the 84 is the Load Index and the H is the Speed Symbol associated with the max speec capability of the tire for short duration. Light truck might look like LT205/75R15 LR-C98/95Q a Load Range C tire with the 98/95 being the Load Index for Single/Dual and the Q being the speed symbol associated with a max of 99 mph in short term operation. Truck-Bus Radials might be 255/70R22.5 LR-G 138/134L. Here the L Speed Symbol is associated with a max short term speed of 75 mph. For TBR type tires the Load Index and Speed symbol are otionala so may not be molded on your tire. You will need to look for published data from your tire manufacturer.
NOTE that there may be different ratings from the same manufacturer based on application and specific tire designs so be sure you check the correct data sheet.

I covered these marking topics in a few different posts. I have also covered temperature and Elivation effects.

If you find the info on my blog of value spread the word and please subscribe. I try and give brand neutral information based on 40 years tire design and quality experience.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #45

tire pressure card

I own a 1999 Daymon Daybreak model 3130. I am unable to fine the tire pressure sticker in my motorhome. I have a gas engine. The tires are
19.5 225/70R. Can anyone tell me where to look for the sticker?
Thanks, Pat
Old 12-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisle123 View Post
I own a 1999 Daymon Daybreak model 3130. I am unable to fine the tire pressure sticker in my motorhome. I have a gas engine. The tires are
Thanks, Pat
On my old Rexhall Aerbus, it was on the door post (Yes, I had a driver door)... but I didn't trust after weighting my motorhome. It was recommending a pressure that was not according to the weight distribution in the MH.

My recommendation is to get your MH weighted, see if you're not overweight, on one of the axle, then get the tire manufacturer recommended pressure chart (Mostly available on the web) and adjust accordingly.

On my present MH, Monaco is giving a pressure that is 20 pounds higher than was is needed. The result is a harsh ride and tire wear!

Good luck.
Cayman09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #47
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisle123 View Post
Thanks, Pat
Suggest you contact THOR RV
Contact Us | Thor Motor Coach RV | Class A, Class C, Class B+ Motorhomes

They bought Daymon and may have the info on the placard.

But you should still get your unit on a scale as the inflation shown on the placard is based on some assumptions about how much "stuff" the RV owner will actually put in the RV. You know like just how many bowling balls are in your collection :-)