Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #15
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbishop10 View Post
Yes, the anti theft and non flow through are the same.
They drop out just like the others. They are easy to get on and off. They do e with a little tool to take them off or put on, although you really don't need it. The head of it spins freely from the rest of it, but if you torque it a little you can put it on and off without the tool. So, the anti theft feature is easily defeated.
The flow through are actually a little more difficult to get on and off. They are secured with a little set screw.
When you say drop out, are you saying you lose the wireless signal to the sensor?

Is this common with this product or just some form of interference on your rig?
__________________

__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2016, 05:50 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: bis. nd
Posts: 557
also on my coach rear's i have the rubber insert to hold the inside tire stem solid..i have the rounded corner triangles on my wheel holes. some are round ect.. i really like the rubber inserts in the hole and the stem in the middle...just sticking out.. jeff
__________________

__________________
' Had a London Aire..350hp sparton chassis... with all the good stuff from the time.. Just traded for a 2007 Alfa gold!! ya and picked up yesterday 9-24-16
beenthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: McMurray, Pa
Posts: 621
We have had the EEZTire for over a year and it works just great. It came with a repeator which I installed in the rear closet and we can monitor the toad with no problems. We did not get the flow thru type as there is no issue removing the sensor if needed. Batteries are supposed to last up to three years. We also liked the larger display screen. At the Tampa show last year we looked at all of them and there were many customers of another brand complaining about the system they bought. Go to outsideourbubble.com for a review of the EEZTire system
__________________
John
2016 Anthem 44B
2013 MKX
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:29 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 35
Yes when I say drop out it loses the signal. Ours did not come with a repeat of, but distance doesn't seem to matter. We've lost the signal on the toad as well as the front tires. I changed. Batteries on several. I tested the old batteries and they were low.
On our first trip we talked to tech support and it did appear that there was interference from a wireless thermometer. The receiver was on the dash somewhat close to the TPMS. Moved things around and it helped, but didn't totally fix the problem.
We haven't talked to them since our last trip, when both our fronts stopped reporting. Eventually we'll get it figured out.
Personally I would not be afraid to get this system. There are a lot of people having success with them.
__________________
mbishop10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #19
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
I finally got our coach weighed at a nearby CAT scale.

Although I was given the Michelin specs chart by noserider, I'm a little confused by what I think I'm seeing.

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/

I have the 235/80R22.5 G XRV tires.

My gross weight is 20,120 Lbs.

My:
DF weight is 3240.
PF weight is 3420.
DR weight is 6600.
PR weight is 6860.

By looking at the chart for my tires, am I correct in saying that I only need 70 pounds of pressure for my front tires (singles) and 75 pounds of pressure for my rear tires (duals)?

I consider myself to be a fairly bright individual but those pressures seem to be low considering they list as needing 90 pounds of pressure on my tire information listed inside the coach.

Am I running these too high? Can I cause more damage in doing so if I am?
__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 35
That seems low to me as well at first glance, but looking at the tire pressure chart it appears to be in the ballpark.

I have 275/70R22.5 michelins on the front.
Last time I weighed, I had 5580 on the fronts and that charts out to 97 or 98 psi and that's what I've been running at. Seems to ride fine.
My rears are a different brand and my weight is below the chart, so I run them at the lowest psi which is 85. All seems fine. It would be the same if they were Michelins.

When my TPMS is functioning the pressure is right on and the tire temp seems to be fine as well.

I was under he impression that running them low built up heat and running high just gave you a rough ride, as long as you didn't go over the max psi.

I am by no means a tire expert, just a guy that has tires, and I'm struggling with them as well
__________________
mbishop10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:11 PM   #21
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbishop10 View Post
That seems low to me as well at first glance, but looking at the tire pressure chart it appears to be in the ballpark.

I have 275/70R22.5 michelins on the front.
Last time I weighed, I had 5580 on the fronts and that charts out to 97 or 98 psi and that's what I've been running at. Seems to ride fine.
My rears are a different brand and my weight is below the chart, so I run them at the lowest psi which is 85. All seems fine. It would be the same if they were Michelins.

When my TPMS is functioning the pressure is right on and the tire temp seems to be fine as well.

I was under he impression that running them low built up heat and running high just gave you a rough ride, as long as you didn't go over the max psi.

I am by no means a tire expert, just a guy that has tires, and I'm struggling with them as well
Thanks,

I haven't had any driving issues with them all at 90 but I know I have to make some adjustments. Just want to make the correct adjustments of course.
__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #22
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Bumping this for some guidance.

I finally got our coach weighed at a nearby CAT scale.

Although I was given the Michelin specs chart by noserider, I'm a little confused by what I think I'm seeing.

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/

I have the 235/80R22.5 G XRV tires.

My gross weight is 20,120 Lbs.

My:
DF weight is 3240.
PF weight is 3420.
DR weight is 6600.
PR weight is 6860.

By looking at the chart for my tires, am I correct in saying that I only need 70 pounds of pressure for my front tires (singles) and 75 pounds of pressure for my rear tires (duals)?

I consider myself to be a fairly bright individual but those pressures seem to be low considering they list as needing 90 pounds of pressure on my tire information listed inside the coach.

Am I running these too high? Can I cause more damage in doing so if I am?
__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 113
These are correct for the weighed weight. Was the RV loaded for travel, full fuel, food, clothes, number of people and the amount of water you usually carry. If not bump the pressures. The inflation's listed on the coach are quite often based the axle capacity and not the actual weight. The largest problem for over inflation is usually a rough ride and sometimes tread wear on the center of the tire.
__________________
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #24
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
These are correct for the weighed weight. Was the RV loaded for travel, full fuel, food, clothes, number of people and the amount of water you usually carry. If not bump the pressures. The inflation's listed on the coach are quite often based the axle capacity and not the actual weight. The largest problem for over inflation is usually a rough ride and sometimes tread wear on the center of the tire.
Other than not weighing with a wife, yes.

I'm going to make the adjustments and see how it rides.

I was getting a little squirrely feeling when making curves at higher speeds but not a "loose" feeling or something I was worried about.
__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
LouieL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvannote View Post
Thanks for all the information. Time to get this thing weighed so I can get the pressures right.

I've done some research and like this monitoring system and its features. Anyone using this system and have an opinion.

EEZTIRE T515/SP TIRE PRESSURE AND TEMPERATURE MONITORING SYSTEM
I have this system and it works great.
__________________
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 39S
LouieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:55 AM   #26
Member
 
conlar318's Avatar


 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Williamsport, PA
Posts: 21
Mvannote
I have same chassis and tires. Your weights are very similar to mine. I thought tire chart pressures were low too for the weight but bumped them up 10% or so to 80 in front and 85 in rear. Rides better than the recommended 90 on the sticker. I also have the EZZTire TPMS system. It works fine for me.
__________________
Larry Dincher
Williamsport, PA
2015 Newmar Bay Star 3124
conlar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #27
Member
 
mvannote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlar318 View Post
Mvannote
I have same chassis and tires. Your weights are very similar to mine. I thought tire chart pressures were low too for the weight but bumped them up 10% or so to 80 in front and 85 in rear. Rides better than the recommended 90 on the sticker. I also have the EZZTire TPMS system. It works fine for me.
Even with the concerns about the low pressures, I've decided to run them as shown on Michelin's site. I'm going to adjust the fronts to 70 and the rears to 78 and see how it rides.

Will for sure update after our next trip.

Getting the same TPMS soon.
__________________
Mike & Terri Van Note
2016 Winnebago Itasca Sunova 36Z
mvannote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:15 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
RV-Writer's Avatar


 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvannote View Post
Bumping this for some guidance.

I finally got our coach weighed at a nearby CAT scale.

Although I was given the Michelin specs chart by noserider, I'm a little confused by what I think I'm seeing.

http://www.michelinrvtires.com/reference-materials/load-and-inflation-tables/#/

I have the 235/80R22.5 G XRV tires.

My gross weight is 20,120 Lbs.

My:
DF weight is 3240.
PF weight is 3420.
DR weight is 6600.
PR weight is 6860.

By looking at the chart for my tires, am I correct in saying that I only need 70 pounds of pressure for my front tires (singles) and 75 pounds of pressure for my rear tires (duals)?

I consider myself to be a fairly bright individual but those pressures seem to be low considering they list as needing 90 pounds of pressure on my tire information listed inside the coach.

Am I running these too high? Can I cause more damage in doing so if I am?
I know MVANNOTE's wife is going to be mad at me for this comment, but my filter doesn't always work and I apologize in advance for my insensitivity

Does the 440 lbs more weight on the passenger side Cause any concern? He said the wife wasn't in the rig which would add a Little MORE weight to the passenger side. Would that imbalance cause any issues and should he look to shift some weight to driver side?
__________________

__________________
Jim Aka RV-Writer
8 year US Navy Veteran - Lifetime VFW Member
1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 37CDS (38 footer) DP
2012 Honda CR-V AWD under 4000 lbs
RV-Writer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire pressure


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire sealant chemistry and tire pressure monitors terry735001 MH-General Discussions & Problems 2 10-25-2014 06:48 AM
Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitors Phyleaux Class A Motorhome Discussions 3 07-25-2013 02:05 PM
Supplemental braking systems and tire pressure monitors rmkro Toads and Motorhome Related Towing 5 02-13-2012 07:45 PM
Tire Pressure Monitors GaryG MH-General Discussions & Problems 21 10-08-2007 03:14 PM
tire pressure monitors Cramalot MH-General Discussions & Problems 13 06-16-2007 10:28 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.