Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
THANKS TO ALL FOR COMMENTS ON THE TIRE PRESSURE ISSUE. VERY HELPFUL,

Always want some extra room for an extra girlfriend!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #16

What tables are being referred to

Sorry to resurrect this thread..but the discussion is pertinent to another of my newbee needs: on my list of "things to pay attention to on my new DP" is tire pressures. I follow the discussion in the thread...BUT....where are the tables that are being referred to typically located?? MFG's websites?? (sorry I am not more specific about my needs...I do not have the manuals in front of me right now). Pending my getting the time to weigh my unit....people are mentioning using 100psi. Is that considered a "safe" starting pressure to use pending more weight information? (or is this strictly tire dependent......???????

Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
....where are the tables that are being referred to typically located?? MFG's websites??
Yep, answered your own question. Go to the RV tire section for each manufacturer and the inflation tables you need are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Traveler View Post
....people are mentioning using 100psi. Is that considered a "safe" starting pressure to use pending more weight information?...
Nope, and moreover, absolutely NOT. If you MUST start someplace use the sidewall pressure until you weigh. IF, and only IF the tires are the same brand/size as originally installed, use the manufacturer label inside the moho.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largeandy View Post
When recently in Arizona, I went to a CAT scale with my 2011 Phaeton. This was the first time I ever had the coach weighed and the guy performing the weighing job showed a STEER AXEL weight of 11,660 lbs, DRIVE AXEL weight of 0 lbs and a TRAILER AXEL weight of 20,100 lbs for a total GROSS WEIGHT OF 31,700 lbs.

I have Michelin 275/80/R 22.5 XZA 3 tires. If i have used the Michelin tire weight info on the internet correctly, I assume to get proper front tire pressure, I divide the FRONT by 2 and BACK by 4?

I do not have a TAG AXEL.

If i do this, I come up with about 80 psi per tire which seems really low to me. I have been running about 105 psi, is this too high? I note max pressure cold for the tires is not to exceed 120 psi.
I'm not surprised on your steer axle -- you have a lot of tire on there for the weight -- not that it's a bad thing.

Steve
Old 05-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #19

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
LRG and LRH refer to the Load Range of the tire. They each have their own load/pressure chart. It doesn't refer to non XZE or XZE. The LRH will have a higher capacity than the LRG.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
LRG and LRH refer to the Load Range of the tire. They each have their own load/pressure chart. It doesn't refer to non XZE or XZE. The LRH will have a higher capacity than the LRG.
Yep, and we still don't know WHICH tire they have installed - or even if that poster knows the difference.