Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Why would you take something back to a retailer before contacting the manufacturer to either get educated on the system, or a replacement?

If you buy another brand and get the same results, you'll have just lost time and comfort.

When I bought my TST system, the rep learned that I was new to TPMS and programmed each sensor for me, so they were plug and play when they arrived.

Have you called the manufacturer yet?

I'm not buying another brand until I educate myself on the different systems available. I bought this one because it was on sale, pure and simple. I admit that was my mistake, I did not know enough about the product to know whether it was what I wanted or not.

As far as "educating myself", I have been pretty successful so far in life following directions provided with the product I choose to set up, or if I could not, then finding someone to help me, whether it be the manufacturer or someone I know with more knowledge than me. I built one airplane from scratch, and one kit, and both flew successfully and safely. I know what I know, and I know when to ask for help.

The product did not work as it should, woke us up in the middle of the night twice because it was not working correctly. if you read my post on the problems I had I think that is fairly evident.

I only bothered to post here because I wanted to share my experience with the system. I wasn't asking for help with my problems. I generally don't ask for help on forums because you never know what the experience level is, or validity of the knowledge of the other forum members. If I ask for help, I will call the manufacturer or a person or service facility that is familiar with my equipment.

If you and others choose to believe my problems are because operator error rather than equipment malfuction, that is your right. And I will admit they are insofar as I bought this system without doing prior research.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #30

Tire Pressure Monitor System

Bought the TST system with 12 heads thru http://shop.greatrvproducts.com and he threw in the repeater for me for free. Great guy to work with. The system is easy to set up although attaching the heads to the inner duals was a pain in the #%+. System works great!
Steve

Old 01-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindamon View Post
I bought this one but am going to call Camping World to see if I can send it back for a refund. It wasn't accurate, and would often drop a sensor, and was always beeping at me for low pressure or dropping the sensor. The low pressure warnings were always wrong. None of them were accurate, and I checked with two different gauges. Not impressed.
Mine is working well. I checked quite a few vendor sites for reviews and this plus other rv message boards and the TST along with others mentioned in this thread all had overwhelmingly positive reviews. The sale was a bonus.

36 ft, not using the Booster which came with the unit. Haven't needed it but I might if I get 4 more sensors for the toad.

I was worried when the pressures went up 5-7 psi from baseline on a short 50 mile trip but I double checked with a gauge and it was correct. Also it was pretty cold at night so the pressures were about 5 psi below the baseline overnight. It has a rapid deflation warning so I didn't mind setting the "normal" low pressure warning a bit lower. (85).
Old 01-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for choosing TST!!
Old 01-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
No matter what you think about which TPMS is the best or why Lindamon had problems with his, you can't argue with his last post. Very well written and directly to the point. You have to respect that.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:21 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Lindamon I am not sure what happened, but I would be happy to talk with you about your TST System. If the system is faulty I will gladly replace it for you. We take customer service very seriously at TST. And yes every once in a while we do make a system that has a problem, but we back our products and WILL MAKE IT RIGHT if you give us a chance to do so. Feel free to contact me @ 407-443-0899 Thanks Mike TST
Old 01-16-2015, 07:54 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindamon View Post

If you and others choose to believe my problems are because operator error rather than equipment malfuction, that is your right. And I will admit they are insofar as I bought this system without doing prior research.
Nobody is busting your chops, but this is your 4th post on the subject, and you have yet to say that you've contacted the manufacturer. Why would you not do that?

OTOH, sell me your system for $100 (a great price for junk, eh?) and I'll suffer along with it by calling them myself. The offer is serious.

P.S. maligning any manufacturer while avoiding contact doesn't do a lot for forum intercourse because it sends false messages to people seeking advice. IF you have one or more bad units and if the manufacturer is willing to fix the problem, and if you complain instead of working with them, then I'm willing to get the subject off the table for you. Nothing personal
Old 01-16-2015, 10:14 AM   #36

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Why would you take something back to a retailer before contacting the manufacturer to either get educated on the system, or a replacement?

If you buy another brand and get the same results, you'll have just lost time and comfort.

When I bought my TST system, the rep learned that I was new to TPMS and programmed each sensor for me, so they were plug and play when they arrived.

Have you called the manufacturer yet?
I agree with bamaboy 100%
Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
We have purchased the TM66 for our 40 ft DP and toad. Is anyone using this model? We bought the booster, too.

tikitom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure