Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Went with tire tracker from camping world. Works great and you get free battery replacement every year for I think three years. Easy to program and works great! Great customer service too! Had a minor issue and they walked me through it on the phone in just minutes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #16

eez for me
Old 12-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #17

Heartland RV Club
I use Tire Safeguard system and have good results. Tire-SafeGuard

One advantage is I don't have to use a repeater or amplifier to receive the toad readings. I have the external flow thru sensors on my coach and the external valve stem caps on the toad. I did use Dyna Beads in my coach front tires to offset any balance problems. When I replace my toad tires next year I will use Dyna Beads in them too. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php
Rambling Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #18

I have a Tire-SafeGuard system also. Its a little over 6 years old and I have had to replace 3 of the tire sensors in that time, two were my fault (lost), one was battery issue. New sensors have owner replaceable batteries. Its been a trouble free system and has saved my bacon several times when I was having brake problems on the motorhome.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #19

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
In this same forum, there is a great discussion and a lot of information at : http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tpms-system-227967.html
It definitely convinced me to order the tpms system from TSTtruck.com.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/tpms-system-227967.html
Gerryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I use the TireTraker system with 10 sensors, for several reasons:

1. Lowest cost I could find at the time for a system with 10 sensors

2. The sensors are the cap type, not the flowthrough, so there is less chance of air leaking from the valve stem.

3. The batteries are user-replaceable

4. It is easy to program

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers
I'm leaning toward the Tire Tracker for the Newmar Ventana we have on order .
Did you need the signal booster for your coach?
Thanks
Ken
Old 01-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJCSF2014 View Post
Camping world has a 6 sensor TST system on sale for $244. Cheapest I found with a quick search so I just purchased it. Thanks for the input.

TST Tire Pressure Monitoring System with Six Sensors - Truck Systems 510 TPMS6 - Tire Accessories - Camping World
I bought this one but am going to call Camping World to see if I can send it back for a refund. It wasn't accurate, and would often drop a sensor, and was always beeping at me for low pressure or dropping the sensor. The low pressure warnings were always wrong. None of them were accurate, and I checked with two different gauges. Not impressed.
Lindamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #22
Community Moderator

tire minder with 10 sensors here. the same one as tiretraker but sold by minder research. this one is being sold in camping world... 2.5 years so far so good. i am using a signal booster.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 04:04 PM   #23
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindamon View Post
I bought this one but am going to call Camping World to see if I can send it back for a refund. It wasn't accurate, and would often drop a sensor, and was always beeping at me for low pressure or dropping the sensor. The low pressure warnings were always wrong. None of them were accurate, and I checked with two different gauges. Not impressed.
don't know what the length of your coach is. if 40 or longer, i would think you do need a booster. as for "always wrong", you might need to adjust the base pressure and temperature settings. it's easy to do. if you got it from a vendor they can walk you through. mine is always sensitive and accurate (the moment you twist it out it starts beeping and flashing).
Old 01-04-2015, 06:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
don't know what the length of your coach is. if 40 or longer, i would think you do need a booster. as for "always wrong", you might need to adjust the base pressure and temperature settings. it's easy to do. if you got it from a vendor they can walk you through. mine is always sensitive and accurate (the moment you twist it out it starts beeping and flashing).
39' but it was dropping the front tires not the rear. When I first installed it, One tire was reporting low, and was actually overinflated. When I had the proper inflation, it still read the same as when it was overinflated. The tires were inflated properly, the Tpms reported about five lower, I understand I can set the base pressure, but sitting at night the alarm would start beeping the low alert, telling me the tire had lost twenty pounds. I finally had to shut it off. Next morning I checked the tire, it was exactly as I had inflated it. That happened twice, on different sensors.

Not impressed.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:30 PM   #25
Community Moderator

Quote:
39' but it was dropping the front tires not the rear. When I first installed it, One tire was reporting low, and was actually overinflated. When I had the proper inflation, it still read the same as when it was overinflated. The tires were inflated properly, the Tpms reported about five lower, I understand I can set the base pressure, but sitting at night the alarm would start beeping the low alert, telling me the tire had lost twenty pounds. I finally had to shut it off. Next morning I checked the tire, it was exactly as I had inflated it. That happened twice, on different sensors.

Not impressed.
sorry to hear that... allow me a wild guess... are you setting the positions correctly? my daughter has the item for her car. once she told me it's malfunctioning as it alarmed low on the front left but hand gauge showed not. i went to her place and checked, it turned out that the front left sensor shown on screen was NOT the one on front left tire, but on right rear tire!! i reset the unit to factory settings and started it over. it has been working as designed.

if you are sure the positions are correct, probably it's time to wrap it up and return it. the best bet is probably tst. (tireminder, tiretraker and hawkshead are the same one, sold by different vendors with their own label).
Old 01-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
sorry to hear that... allow me a wild guess... are you setting the positions correctly? my daughter has the item for her car. once she told me it's malfunctioning as it alarmed low on the front left but hand gauge showed not. i went to her place and checked, it turned out that the front left sensor shown on screen was NOT the one on front left tire, but on right rear tire!! i reset the unit to factory settings and started it over. it has been working as designed.

if you are sure the positions are correct, probably it's time to wrap it up and return it. the best bet is probably tst. (tireminder, tiretraker and hawkshead are the same one, sold by different vendors with their own label).
Quite sure. And that would not have made any difference, as it was telling me the tire it was on was fine at first, then in the middle of the night lost twenty pounds with the alarm going off and waking us up. I shut off the unit, and checked the tire in the morning, it was at the pressure I had filled it the night before. I checked all the tires, and all were exactly where I filled them. That happened two nights in a row, after the second night of being woken up I took them off.

It will be going back.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:57 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
please feel free to call and discuss our TST TPMS 770-889-9102
TST System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #28

Quote:

It will be going back.
Why would you take something back to a retailer before contacting the manufacturer to either get educated on the system, or a replacement?

If you buy another brand and get the same results, you'll have just lost time and comfort.

When I bought my TST system, the rep learned that I was new to TPMS and programmed each sensor for me, so they were plug and play when they arrived.

Have you called the manufacturer yet?

Tags
tire pressure