Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tire Pressure monitor system

Im looking into getting a TPM that will monitor both the rig and the toad.
What brands are being used and what are the pros and cons?

donnie(K7UTA), Linda, and 2furrykid s Buddy & Rain
2016 SouthWind32VS, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
donie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club

This is a popular question on iRV2, and there are many threads and posts that you can find by using the "Search" feature. In addition, here is a link to a Google search of iRV2 posts for the last year that have the abbreviation "TPMS" in them.

2008 Holiday Rambler Admiral 30PDD (Ford F53 chassis)
2009 Honda Fit Sport
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:55 PM   #3

I have a TST 507. I have it on my coach as well as my toad. I have the repeater on my unit as I am monitoring the car and it's a ways back.

I like the flow thru. valves (makes it easy to add or lower air pressure), the fact that they have batteries that are user replaced. Plus their customer service/tech support is very good.

The unit with 6 sensors is about $275.
Tony & Ruth........... FMCA#F416727
Newmar Dutch Star 4320, Spartan MM Chassis, Cat C9, Jeep Grand Cherokee,with Hemi, hooked up with a Blue Ox Aventa LX, and Brake Buddy.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Country Coach Owners Club
TST for me also, I have the older version without the flow through sensors kind of a PITA but not that bad.

It's expandable you can run up to 10 sensors and you will need the repeater like TonyDi has.

Good luck.
1997 Country Coach Intrigue Horizon 36' (The Dinosaur Burner)
92TNTRacing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Donnie! I chose the TireTraker for the reasons below.

1. Least expensive I could find at the time with 10 sensors and repeater for the rear of the MH.

2. Cap type sensors so no risk of air loss.

3. User-replaceable batteries

4. Easy programming

5. Lifetime warranty

6. Good customer support

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #6
They all pretty much work the same way and will do the job. One of the major differences is the display. Take a close look at each one and decide what make the most sense to you.
You may need a repeater/booster for the unit to reliably read the toad. I have the EEZTire system and when in had our 36 ft gasser I did not need that repeater. When I got our current Phaeton i found that the display would sometimes lose a sensor on the toad until I stalled a repeater.
Paul, Kathy, and Tux a 4 month Mini Schnauzer
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 42 LH, 2013 Honda CRV
"When the time comes to look back, make sure you'll like what you see"
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:27 PM   #7
Mike Benson 770-889-9102
TST Systems
Tell him what pressure you want on the front tires, rear tires and toad and he will set everything up for you.
I have had the TST 507 for 2+years, works great plus great service and he is a vendor here, plus it comes with a 3 year warranty.
I have the 10 tire system with a repeater wired in the closet, I think I could of skipped the repeater. Just replace my batteries this week.
2 stroker
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series, Samsung 197 RR
Cat C9--STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf 330 Magnum 2812 PSW 2011 Ford Edge Sport-Air Force One
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Appreciate the info.
Looks like I'm going to be doing a little shopping.
donnie(K7UTA), Linda, and 2furrykid s Buddy & Rain
2016 SouthWind32VS, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
donie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:58 AM   #9
Love my Tireminder system. Works great on the coach and the toad. The best customer support. They send you new batteries and o rings every year free of charge. We have a 39 foot coach so we have the repeater.
Ludmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Just ordered the EEZ TPMS 10 the way I look at it, for less that $500.00, I can save a tire or better yet keep from tearing up a fenderwell in the race trailer.
92 Crown Signature, 330 Cummins
Future iRV2 Moderator...vote for Dan Osborne
Dan Osborne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:25 PM   #11
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We use an older TireMinder system on RV and Toad now for over 2 years. Never a problem and just replaced the batteries. Best peace of mind purchase for an RVer.
Ford RV V10 5 star Tow tune
Front/Read Roadmaster 1 3/4" anti-sway bars. Roadmaster steering stabilizer
2009 Acme Tow dolly w/ 2014 Avalon Hybrid Limited
NMRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The TireMinder system looks very much like my TireTraker system. I bet they're made by the same manufacturer!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:56 PM   #13

Carolina Campers
Tire Pressure monitor system

They may all be the same. I have TST, with 507 pass through stems. A few things to think about are;

1) Get a system that monitors both pressure and heat.
2) Get one that allows you to easily adjust the upper and lower settings for both heat and pressure.
3) Get one that allows you to monitor the Toad, and allows you to easily turn on and off the toad monitoring.
4) Get one that allows you, the user, to change the batteries in the sensors, without having to send them in.
5) Get one that allows you to put air pressure in the tire without removing the sensors. You will find out why if you drop the coach off for service and tire adjustments. Most sensors have a security system that prevents theft or loss. If you forget to provide the service location with your "key", that part of the service may be prevented. Also, you may not be able to service the tire yourself of you don't happen to have the "key" with you... Like if you have sensors on the toad, and the "key" is in the RV, somewhere else. With the flow through 507's, you can put air in without removing the sensors.
6) Get one that is rated high in customer service. I would recommend getting one where the company owner will take personal interest and asks you to call him directly, if needed. I also think you may want to select one that is a iRV2 sponsor, and you can ask help from from a iRV2 post.

The TST system is great for all these points above.

Here are two personal experiences that I had that certainly made my purchase of a TPM system pay for the cost;

1) I had a leak in one of my inner back tires that may have gone undetected without the TPM system notifying me. It sent an alarm and I was able to correct the leak before losing the tire.

2) I was coming down the mountain, after visiting Mt Rushmore, and the front tire alarmed for heat. Come to find out I had set my auxiliary brake in the toad to tight, and that resulted in my brake being applied too much. Once I reset it, I never had an issue the remainder of the trip. If I had not received an alarm, I may have either had some real expensive problems, or even lost the toad and/or caused a fire that may have resulted in the coach being damaged.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:51 PM   #14
A couple of different thoughts. I have the 507 internal system. I went with the internal system because the tires can be checked with a gauge and the pressure adjusted without removing the sensors and no restriction in adding air as with the flowthru sensors . No you can not replace the battery yourself but they have a 5-7 year life, about the same as your tires, especially sine the tires can up to a year old when installed. When it is time to change your tires TST will send you replacement sensors with new batteries for about the cost of the batteries and then can be installed at the time you replace your tires. Just send them the removed old sensors. I have duallyvalve solid stems so the checking and adjusting the air pressure is easy and quick and I have no concern of theft, car wash damage or adjusting the sensors to get them to read.

coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote

tire pressure