Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
The customer service at TST is outstanding and if you get confused or have a problem programming ask for Mike. He speaks well, walks you through the entire process and goes that extra step with some of we seniors. I just bought the 507 system with the sensors that do not have to be removed to adjust air pressure. Great feature in my opinion.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by H. Miller View Post
How does one do that at 60 mph out on the Interstate where most failures occur?
I was wondering the same thing when people recommend an IR gun, does no good once you've stopped anyway. Same for the thumper for that matter, kinda hard to thump at 60 too, that would be a sight to see!

Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Just ordered the 507 TST system with 6 flow-thru/4 standard sensors today. Less than 500 bucks for a considerable amount of peace of mind and, if it prevents just one blowout or schredded tire, it has more than paid for itself. My $.02.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #46

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
Thanks Don that is a great tip on the corrosion problem. By that I mean a small bit of anti seize or dialectic grease absolutely would have prevented the corrosion issue. Even though I have chrome brass extenders never hurts to add an ounce of prevention!
Fortunately, now that it had happened to me and others, and though we were told we did something wrong, I have noticed that the design has been changed and the threaded part is made of brass. Telling me that their was an issue with the metal his Chinese supplier was using and it has since been corrected. I also had chrome plated brass stems on my wheels.

Good for you, too late for me. I'd never buy another product from Dan.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Similar, Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Andy, that looks just like my monitor unit. It is identical except mine says Tireminder....

Good point, Kent. Someone revealed awhile back that some of these components are interchangeable, between companies.

[I'd hoped my TireTraker sensors would be detected by the SilverLeaf system built into the new Patriot Thunder, no such luck...]

I use my IR sensor during safety stops to shoot each tire, wheel. It'll tell you if base pressure is too low for the tire, there is a bearing problem, brakes are overheated. Particularly important on the dolly and/or toad.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #48

I'm a noob so I'll ask a noob question, why don't manufacturers install these on there coaches as standard equipment? I have yet to see any info from builders that have these as normal equipment. You would think with the kind of money people spend on these bad boys it would be. Just spouting.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #49

Winnebago Owners Club
We use Pressure Pro. We had it on our 40' and now on our tag. Works great and saved us a couple of times when we had a low tire..once on the toad and once on the coach.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatnobeer View Post
I'm a noob so I'll ask a noob question, why don't manufacturers install these on there coaches as standard equipment? I have yet to see any info from builders that have these as normal equipment. You would think with the kind of money people spend on these bad boys it would be. Just spouting.
Welcome to the forum.

Like so many things, the answer is money.

The same discussion takes place with many add on's such as steering stabilizers,etc.

It's easy to think that the additional few hundred bucks is a drop in the bucket on a quarter million dollar rig but it's all about having the sharpest pencil to stay in business these days I guess.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Tire-SafeGuard TPMS system. It has all of the same functions and more. It is the one system that OTR truck drivers use the most.
TST makes the same claim...

I ran a ten sensor TST system for 9 months in 2009 and had multiple failed sensors (false low/zero readings) and two flat tires on the toad due to leaking sensors while parked. TST customer service was great, but I replaced the system with TireTraker, and have had zero problems since. I had all my tires on both mh and toad set up with Alligator caps for very quick pressure checks, and easy to add air, but after a toad flat wanted a tpms primarily to warn me of problems on toad tires while towing.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
Fortunately, now that it had happened to me and others, and though we were told we did something wrong, I have noticed that the design has been changed and the threaded part is made of brass. Telling me that their was an issue with the metal his Chinese supplier was using and it has since been corrected. I also had chrome plated brass stems on my wheels.

Good for you, too late for me. I'd never buy another product from Dan.
Mr. Shaffer,

The threads on our 507 and 507 flow through systems are brass and have always been so.

Our 510 sensor threads are aluminum and have always been so.

There have been no design modifications. Our sensor designs and metals are consistent and unchanged.

I hope you have a nice day and please check your facts.

Thank you!

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
TST makes the same claim...

I ran a ten sensor TST system for 9 months in 2009 and had multiple failed sensors (false low/zero readings) and two flat tires on the toad due to leaking sensors while parked. TST customer service was great, but I replaced the system with TireTraker, and have had zero problems since. I had all my tires on both mh and toad set up with Alligator caps for very quick pressure checks, and easy to add air, but after a toad flat wanted a tpms primarily to warn me of problems on toad tires while towing.
Good afternoon Sir,

While we are sorry that you experienced these issues, your source may have been the gator caps.

We work with these with our trucking clients, and they are not actually threaded on the exterior. I realize you can add air without removing the cap, however, if you will truly check the gator cap you will see that it is not in fact threaded. The grooves are circular and just go around the top of the cap.

The grooves go around the gator cap, and you can likely affix a sensor to it via cross threading and it will work. For how long, that remains to be determined.

Gator caps are not intended to hold or support outside items. They are just a valve cap that you can add air through without removing them.

Good luck to you Sir, and we certainly wish you had had a better outcome with our product.

I am an RVer as well, and we do take our product performance and service very seriously.

Travel in safety.

Dan Covington
President
Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #54

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The fact is, your sensors seized to my valve stems and I had to have them cut off.

It wasn't the case of just another failed sensor so you weren't willing to stand behind the failure of your product.

That's a fact.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
I had the TPMS sensors seize on my stems due to galvanic corrosion and had to get them cut off which cost me the price of having all 6 of my 22.5" tires dismounted and remounted.

Never again!!!!!
I had same problem on my tow dolly. Caught it before they damaged valve stems. Put sensors back on with anti-seize. No more problems.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #56

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I wish I could have been so lucky. That was a huge nut to crack.

Lesson learned.