Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #127

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
I think the 507 non flow through with the cover off is supposed to be .5 according to TST.
So about 3 average ruby throated humming birds. Probably not going to be a weight issue from a balancing perspective.

So far the only glitch I have had with TST 507 is the rear passenger tire on the toad lost signal yesterday. Pulled over - it was aired up and fine. Turned the system off and a back on and it found it. I do have the repeater and the other toad tires continued to send the signal.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #128
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
So about 3 average ruby throated humming birds. Probably not going to be a weight issue from a balancing perspective.

So far the only glitch I have had with TST 507 is the rear passenger tire on the toad lost signal yesterday. Pulled over - it was aired up and fine. Turned the system off and a back on and it found it. I do have the repeater and the other toad tires continued to send the signal.

Lost signal should give different warning than low air.

Low battery or sometimes some other RF interference can cause loss of signal. I had a "wireless" back-up camera that caused a lot of interference with one of my TPM systems.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:59 AM   #129

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post

Low battery or sometimes some other RF interference can cause loss of signal. I had a "wireless" back-up camera that caused a lot of interference with one of my TPM systems.
You're right.. I know the loss of air signal... this was just a loss of signal and it was much different. I can't say for sure - but think it is a different beep even than the low air threshold setting.

I would not be without the TST or some other system - coach - repeater and toad. Flow through on coach and locking no flow on toad.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #130

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just installed the EEZRV tpms and really like it except for the flow through sensors. They don't flow. Should have ordered the regular ones
Old 05-22-2015, 08:31 AM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigls2 View Post
Just installed the EEZRV tpms and really like it except for the flow through sensors. They don't flow. Should have ordered the regular ones
I think it is the same sensor design that TST uses. Don't give up yet. You need a small 150PSI compressor. I carry a small pancake type. My original 125PSI compressor that I carried wouldn't work. The 150PSI works great. And make certain that the sensors are fully seated without over tightening.

If you happen to notice one of your tires has a slow leak spray the sensor with a soap solution. I had a sensor that was leaking where the charge stem went into the sensor. I replaced the sensor.

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:42 AM   #132

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 150 psi compressor. I also tried to let air out of a tire with no success. The sensors read but don't allow much air to pass
Old 05-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I have a 150 psi compressor. I also tried to let air out of a tire with no success. The sensors read but don't allow much air to pass

Sir, My name is Mike with TST please call me regarding your sensors not allowing air to pass through. We are open until midnight 7 days a week and you can reach me at 770-889-9102 I look forward to speaking with you.
Thanks, Mike Benson TST
Old 05-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #134

Monaco Owners Club
Sir please call me at TST 770-889-9102 We are here until midnight 7 days a week.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post

Sir please call TST 770-889-9102 I think I know what might being going on. I am available until midnight 7 days a week.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:57 AM   #136

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Mike, thanks for the offer but I have the EEZRV system, not TST
Old 05-22-2015, 12:44 PM   #137

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Mike, thanks for the offer but I have the EEZRV system, not TST
Sorry Sir! I do not know much about EEZ. That is a knock off to the TST System. Have a Great Weekend!
Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Wayne I recently sent off my tire gauge ( digital) to have it pressure tested and calibrated then I checked my TST 507 sensors and they tested from 1/2 lb to 1 1/2 pound high that is a little over 1% high at the most, I don't like the flow through I think it adds weight I also take the outer shell off the sensors so I don't have to use a wrench to install or remove also removes a little more weight. I generally remove the sensors after each trip anyway.
I wonder how many folks have accurate air gauges, it's hard to find a place without sending them off to check calibration of our gauges.
You are missing a important safety tool that could save you a lot of green. Over the last 12 yrs with pressure pro and TST they have saved us two times that we would have lost a tire on the rear and it's no telling how much damage they could have caused.
I wonder how many folks have inaccurate/useless TPM systems.
Mel
'96 Safari
Old 05-22-2015, 01:29 PM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
I wonder how many folks have inaccurate/useless TPM systems.
Mel
'96 Safari
Mel even if they are not completely accurate they can give you a warning as a tire looses pressure and save you from all the problems of the tire taking out the air bags, wire looms and the side of the coach, I know how accurate my sensors are and would not want to travel without them they are a cheap safety measure.

Mike has TST done anything about increasing the volume on the L P alarm, a lot of us old folks have hearing loss, that is my only complaint with TST.
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #140

I have to wonder how many more TPMS treads will start before there is an automatic download of all the previous ones that keep repeating what was said before. Someone just had to say it

Tags
tire pressure