Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #141

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Mel even if they are not completely accurate they can give you a warning as a tire looses pressure and save you from all the problems of the tire taking out the air bags, wire looms and the side of the coach, I know how accurate my sensors are and would not want to travel without them they are a cheap safety measure.

Mike has TST done anything about increasing the volume on the L P alarm, a lot of us old folks have hearing loss, that is my only complaint with TST.
X 10 on note to Mel.

My heating is better than I thought cause the beeps are loud enough for me... and I think I've heard all except too high pressure.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2015, 06:51 AM   #142
Commercial Member

I think one reason some posts go on forever is that with something like TPMS that could be on Class-A, B, C or any one of multiple type trailers there is tha opportunity for the answers some are seeking to have been already posted but if you own a Class-A you probably do not check the 5th wheel forums.
This is one downside with the way Irv2 form is organized, but am not sure of the solution.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #143

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
I think one reason some posts go on forever is that with something like TPMS that could be on Class-A, B, C or any one of multiple type trailers there is tha opportunity for the answers some are seeking to have been already posted but if you own a Class-A you probably do not check the 5th wheel forums.
This is one downside with the way Irv2 form is organized, but am not sure of the solution.
There is that... and then their is the fact that your tires are just as important as your engine. More so where your safety and life are concerned. You won't go anywhere without an engine or tires. And we all know what happens when either fails.

I have found that the 507 TSTs read within about 1 or 2 lbs of my clunky old gauge. I set pressure according to the Guage and used to have the monitor with me when pressure set. These days I just air em up and check the reading when I go inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1432386687064.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	94998  
Old 05-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #144

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I have found that the 507 TSTs read within about 1 or 2 lbs of my clunky old gauge. I set pressure according to the Guage and used to have the monitor with me when pressure set. These days I just air em up and check the reading when I go inside.
That's been my experience, also, the TST sensors always seem to be on the low side of the actual pressure. Therefore, I see little risk using them in lieu of a pressure gauge. I simply put the monitor in my pocket while I air up the tires.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbenson1234 View Post
Sorry Sir! I do not know much about EEZ. That is a knock off to the TST System. Have a Great Weekend!
That is a great service, I think I will go with TST!
Old 05-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #146

Fleetwood Owners Club
TST=Great Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidoo View Post
That is a great service, I think I will go with TST!
Speaking from the point of great service I can testify Mike and TST go above any company I've had the pleasure or displeasure of dealing with.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #147
Commercial Member

Have to wonder about those that complain about TPM pressure reading being off by 3 psi. How many have done a 4 corner weight measurement and confirmed the correct minimum inflation needed for the actual tire loading?

If you did a 4 corner weight a couple years ago have you at least done an individual axle weight to confirm no significant increase in the total on the axle each year?

Here is data on gauge check and my suggestion on how to check your own gauges for consistent readings.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
Rick,

If you have questions on your trip, please reach out to me at 770-889-9102. I am available until midnight 7 days a week.
Thanks
Mike Benson
Old 05-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you and Please call me with any questions when you are reday at 770-889-9102
Thanks,
Mike Benson
Old 05-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #150

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have never posted my experience with the TPMS I have. I have had nothing but problems with it, false low, high PSI alarms as well as false high temperature alarms. When I first bought it I exchanged several emails with the company I purchased it from complaining about my problems, including that one of the twelve sensors was dead. So many problems and false alarms I stopped using the system putting it in the box. Last week we made a trip to AZ, decided to try the TPMS again. Installed new batteries, cleared all the sensors in the remote, set the baseline and installed eight of the sensors, wasn't towing. Everything looked fine the afternoon before the trip, went to get fuel in the morning before leaving, about a four mile round trip. Just as I turn in the driveway the alarm goes off, shows the right front has high pressure 101 PSI, baseline is 85 PSI. Checked actually pressure it's fine 85.5 on gauge. I knew there was something wrong when I checked the pressure of all sensors on the remote before I left to get fuel. That same right front sensor showed the pressure was 95 PSI in the morning which was 15 deg. cooler then when I put them on the afternoon before. There was no sun on the tire to make the pressure higher. We leave on the trip, at about 100 miles the left rear goes into alarm. Says the tire is leaking pressure is 96, base line 95. Checked pressure at 101, continue on trip about 50 miles further same tire goes into alarm. Now it says tire is leaking at 101, didn't get any high temperature alarms on this trip. The tire gauge I'm using is the one that Roger Marble endorses on his blog. Bought two at the same time, they both read the same, one in motorhome other one stays home. I know the TPMS is important, but I hate mine. I have chose to not name the TPMS because I don't want to get bashed by people that have the same system.
Thanks for reading my rant I feel better already.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #151

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
I have never posted my experience with the TPMS I have. I have had nothing but problems with it, false low, high PSI alarms as well as false high temperature alarms. When I first bought it I exchanged several emails with the company I purchased it from complaining about my problems, including that one of the twelve sensors was dead. So many problems and false alarms I stopped using the system putting it in the box. Last week we made a trip to AZ, decided to try the TPMS again. Installed new batteries, cleared all the sensors in the remote, set the baseline and installed eight of the sensors, wasn't towing. Everything looked fine the afternoon before the trip, went to get fuel in the morning before leaving, about a four mile round trip. Just as I turn in the driveway the alarm goes off, shows the right front has high pressure 101 PSI, baseline is 85 PSI. Checked actually pressure it's fine 85.5 on gauge. I knew there was something wrong when I checked the pressure of all sensors on the remote before I left to get fuel. That same right front sensor showed the pressure was 95 PSI in the morning which was 15 deg. cooler then when I put them on the afternoon before. There was no sun on the tire to make the pressure higher. We leave on the trip, at about 100 miles the left rear goes into alarm. Says the tire is leaking pressure is 96, base line 95. Checked pressure at 101, continue on trip about 50 miles further same tire goes into alarm. Now it says tire is leaking at 101, didn't get any high temperature alarms on this trip. The tire gauge I'm using is the one that Roger Marble endorses on his blog. Bought two at the same time, they both read the same, one in motorhome other one stays home. I know the TPMS is important, but I hate mine. I have chose to not name the TPMS because I don't want to get bashed by people that have the same system.
Thanks for reading my rant I feel better already.
Hey - no bashing of an actual experience here methinks. I would have returned them as faukty and given them another chance. Probably too late for that but you never know. You didn't say - but I assume you did report it and got no satisfaction. That suggests to me it's on TST. Everything I've read on TST service and my call with questions were positive. You shouldn't hold back the name of a bad product just because others have a different experience IMHO. Heck if you had what the happy folks have, you'd be happy too. I say call the manufacture. Again JMHO...
Old 05-26-2015, 12:02 PM   #152

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey - no bashing of an actual experience here methinks. I would have returned them as faukty and given them another chance. Probably too late for that but you never know. You didn't say - but I assume you did report it and got no satisfaction. That suggests to me it's on TST. Everything I've read on TST service and my call with questions were positive. You shouldn't hold back the name of a bad product just because others have a different experience IMHO. Heck if you had what the happy folks have, you'd be happy too. I say call the manufacture. Again JMHO...
it's not to late to return. I have an email telling me I have an open ended return, can return anytime. No it's not a TST, from what I read about TST doubt I would have the problems I have had.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350,F53 Chassis Chassis build date 1/99, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags front & rear, Koni Shocks,Blue OX TruCenter,TigerTrak track bars front & rear, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar,2004 F450 Lariat 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW with B & W Custom Truck Bed, 1994 36 ft. Avion 5th Wheel
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:24 PM   #153

Monaco Owners Club
Chuck then I would give them a chance to send another set and if that don't work out you might want to give TST 507s a shot.
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 05:46 AM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
PressurePro is the "Made in the USA" original RV/Truck TPMS system. All the rest are Asian knock-offs. Why not just buy American and stop sending our cash overseas?

Woofer-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure