Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 AM   #155

Ford Super Duty Owner
Two thumbs up for the TST 507 model. Mike Benson and company are great to work with. Going without a tire pressure monitoring system is a bit like not knowing whether you have oil in your engine.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:11 AM   #156

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer-01 View Post
Why not just buy American and stop sending our cash overseas?
Because they still do not offer replaceable sensor batteries. I'm going broke replacing sensors every few years when the batteries die. That's the prime reason I'm looking for a new system.

Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:35 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
Because they still do not offer replaceable sensor batteries. I'm going broke replacing sensors every few years when the batteries die. That's the prime reason I'm looking for a new system.

I've had my PP system since late '03. I replaced all sensors in '10 because we were going on a cross country trip. All were still working at the time. Those sensors from '10 are still on my coach and working fine. My opinion only, this is great performance and reduces complexity. I'm totally uninterested in replaceable batteries.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #158

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I'm totally uninterested in replaceable batteries.
Steve:

You can look at this issue two different ways. The non-replaceable batteries in my TST510 system started failing after ~3 years rather than the 5 they were supposed to last. Maybe if I had had a repeated I would have had better luck.

Anyway, they were a real nuisance that last year and I lived with several of them being effectively dead by the time the summer ended.

I went ahead and changed to a TST507 system last year and this spring I ordered batteries from Amazon and started the season with fresh ones all around. Name brand, fresh batteries were <$2 each when ordered online and the whole replacement process took <30 minutes. I plan to do this every year and won't ever again have to worry about a sensor dropping out while we're on the road.

Non-replaceables are less trouble when they work, but replaceables give you confidence that everything will be Ok for the current season.

Joel
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #159

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
To each their own on replacing sensors vs. batteries. Removing sensors after every trip to save batteries got old in a hurry for me. At $50 per sensor (10 total with toad) it was cost effective to replace the old system with a newer model with replaceable batteries. Now I put the sensors on with new batteries in the spring and take them off in the fall before storing. There are enough different systems that everyone should be able to find one that meets their needs.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:53 PM   #160

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by docj View Post
Steve:

You can look at this issue two different ways. The non-replaceable batteries in my TST510 system started failing after ~3 years rather than the 5 they were supposed to last. Maybe if I had had a repeated I would have had better luck.

Anyway, they were a real nuisance that last year and I lived with several of them being effectively dead by the time the summer ended.

I went ahead and changed to a TST507 system last year and this spring I ordered batteries from Amazon and started the season with fresh ones all around. Name brand, fresh batteries were <$2 each when ordered online and the whole replacement process took <30 minutes. I plan to do this every year and won't ever again have to worry about a sensor dropping out while we're on the road.

Non-replaceables are less trouble when they work, but replaceables give you confidence that everything will be Ok for the current season.

Joel
Thank you Sir!
Old 05-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #161

We hear only good comments about TST, don't why I would buy anything else.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #162

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidoo View Post
We hear only good comments about TST, don't why I would buy anything else.
And when you consider that negative posts and complaints are probably 2 to 1 on any any make, product, etc... that's saying something.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #163

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gotta say about TST Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service.

Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #164

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Two thumbs up for the TST 507 model. Mike Benson and company are great to work with. Going without a tire pressure monitoring system is a bit like not knowing whether you have oil in your engine.
This is nice to hear, I just pulled the plug and bought the TST 507 6 sensors today
Old 05-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #165

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I had the Pressure Pro system (I was a distributor/dealer for them) on our Dutch Star. Never did get the system to work correctly even with the optional antenna.
Bought a TST 507 system and the repeater setup. Worked perfectly the first time out. But I have had a couple sensors go out as well as two monitor panels. They sent new ones with no troubles. Still have it but the Magna has the Smartire system (no longer supported for RV's), when the built in sensors go I'll put the TST setup on.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:07 PM   #166

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I finally pulled the plug and bought the EEZ system with 6 non-flow thru sensors. It has a little larger display, and spells out alerts in English, rather than using icons. And, a minor issue, I really don't care for the rubber antenna on the TST monitor. It really was a hard decision, especially with the obvious stellar service that Mike provides, but I just liked the EEZ a little better. It has great reviews as well, so I feel pretty comfortable getting it.
jt
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:30 AM   #167

Ford Super Duty Owner
When folks ask for advise on things they will need for their new motor home 2 items top my list every time. #1. TPMS #2. Surge Protection.

Both IMO should be required standard equipment.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #168

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofer-01 View Post
PressurePro is the "Made in the USA" original RV/Truck TPMS system. All the rest are Asian knock-offs. Why not just buy American and stop sending our cash overseas?
First of all, those of us using the TST 507 system are doing so because of the pass-through sensors, true, but most likely because the batteries are replaceable. Secondly, I thought "knock-offs" looked like the thing they were copying. The only common look between the PressurePro and the TST 510 system is the sensors. Probably made by the same Chinese manufacture. I don't know of many minor components that are US made these days. There is a good chance that the components withing the PressurePro monitor come from some foreign source.

Happy trails,
Rick Y

Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure