Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2015, 08:51 AM   #113

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
They walk among us.

flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #114

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanerd View Post
I'm another Pressure Pro user and am very satisfied with it.

Steve, can you expand on the new Pulse a little more? Are you saying that it can communicate with the toad's built in TPMS?

Ron
Ron I use the old Pressure Pro for several years with no substantial problems! I recently bought the Pulse. The new monitor has receiving problems even with a relay booster installed. The unit has been returned for testing. I would wait a while.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:51 AM   #115

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well I still don't know which TPMS to purchase but I sure got a lot of tire information. Thank You all so much. I like the idea of the flow through sensors. Now that I know NOT to rely on the TPMS for accuracy, they would certainly make manually checking the tires and/or topping off easier.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #116

Monaco Owners Club
Wayne I recently sent off my tire gauge ( digital) to have it pressure tested and calibrated then I checked my TST 507 sensors and they tested from 1/2 lb to 1 1/2 pound high that is a little over 1% high at the most, I don't like the flow through I think it adds weight I also take the outer shell off the sensors so I don't have to use a wrench to install or remove also removes a little more weight. I generally remove the sensors after each trip anyway.
I wonder how many folks have accurate air gauges, it's hard to find a place without sending them off to check calibration of our gauges.
You are missing a important safety tool that could save you a lot of green. Over the last 12 yrs with pressure pro and TST they have saved us two times that we would have lost a tire on the rear and it's no telling how much damage they could have caused.
2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:44 PM   #117
Commercial Member

Walt
I have a number of posts on my blog on gauges including some test results.
Here is one on what I do to know my gauge is reasonably accurate and consistent.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #118

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Rodger for the info.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:12 AM   #119

Winnebago Owners Club
I am with Roger about the weight of the sensor. A 1 oz weight to a 120 # tire at 65 mph is not going to be noticed much by your suspension. An the TPMS is only a warning light. It is not a precession instrument.

Rick Y
Rick & Melissa Young & Dawson, 2011 Itasca Meridian 40U, Freightliner XCL, Cummins ISL 380HP/DEF, Allison 3000 MH, 2014 Honda CR-V, SMI AF1, Blue Ox tow equip., TST 507 TPMS, TruCenter steering control, Hughes auto transformer.
Servants On Wheels Ever Ready. Best job we ever paid to do . (full time volunteers)
jerichorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #120

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I am with Roger about the weight of the sensor. A 1 oz weight to a 120 # tire at 65 mph is not going to be noticed much by your suspension. An the TPMS is only a warning light. It is not a precession instrument.

Rick Y
I think the flow thru 507s weigh 12.5 grams each. The weight difference between flow thru and not is probably a couple of hummingbirds.
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 10:18 AM   #121

Tiffin Owners Club
Well, after a WHOLE LOTTA READING, studying, asking questions, reading blogs etc etc etc, I made the decision to go with this EEZRV Products TPMS. More than anything, I wasn't going to go on another trip without one. Should be here in advance of our trip so I can install and program the system. I didn't want the flow through sensors, although I have a compressor well suited for airing up the tires. I am just relieved that I "did something" because I started to go into overload doing my research. Now....onward with something else.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #122

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I think the flow thru 507s weigh 12.5 grams each. The weight difference between flow thru and not is probably a couple of hummingbirds.
I think the 507 non flow through with the cover off is supposed to be .5 according to TST.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #123

Monaco Owners Club
I have the EEZ RV TPMS. Last week I lost a tire on my car trailer and I did not know it until another motorist started waving at me. Luckily I had a spare and was on my way 2 hours later. Next day I sent an email to EEZ RV explaining what had happened and asked why their product didn't notify me. Their explanation was:

"It sounds like the valve stem blew and shot the sensor away from the vehicle and out of range. So you didn't get a signal yet that the monitor was not getting a signal from the tire.

Here is some information of rubber stems and I have attached a couple of pictures of rubber valve stem supports.

Steel valve stems are ultimately recommended and I would definitely switch over the next time you have tire work performed. That being you can use the smaller Anti Theft (1 inch) on a rubber valve stem, I would not recommend using the Flow Through (2 1/2 inch) on a rubber stem.

I do recommend using rubber valve stem supports on your rubber stems. There are 2 types; one that goes over the rubber stem and clips onto the edge of the rim, the other that adheres to the rim and support the rubber stem from the side. You can do a Google search for "rubber valve stem support," I have attached a few picture so you know what I am talking about. The clip on style can be purchased on line with Camping World as well.

The primary issue with rubber stems is where the rubber stems come through the metal rim. With extra wear and vibration the rim can start to cut into the valve stem. You always want to make sure on your walk around to wiggle the rubber stems and listen for air leakage through any stem, particularly where it comes out the rim.

What is your address and I will send you 1 sensor at no charge."

Good explanation. Makes sense. And, they are sending a new one. I am very pleased with these folks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	94514  
With Doberman (Bailey) & Shitzu (Cooper)
NVMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #124

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
"It sounds like the valve stem blew and shot the sensor away from the vehicle and out of range. So you didn't get a signal yet that the monitor was not getting a signal from the tire.
I've seen that warning in the documentation for other brands, it's not unique to your system. My Doran 360RV system has the same warning about potential non-reports if the valve stem is lost while driving.

From the looks of your picture, it does indeed look like you lost your valve stem.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:47 PM   #125

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
From the looks of your picture, it does indeed look like you lost your valve stem.
Plus a lot more than just the stem! Luckily no fire though.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 02:40 PM   #126

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I ordered the EEZ RV system yesterday to replace a Hopkins system that has been nothing but trouble. Hoping this one works better and lasts longer.

Tags
tire pressure