Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
tire question gang

our 92 itasca DP 34 ft Suncruiser has pair of 2006 19.5 tires on the frt. receipts say they were put on in 2010 and now have 2400 kms on them.Year wise should i change them? i changed all 4 rears last month due to hitting piece of steel on highway i couldnt avoid. now have 14 ply Chinese tires on it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #2

Year wise ; change them ; and if the receipt you have has the installer's name ; DON"T DEAL THERE!
Old 09-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenvb View Post
our 92 itasca DP 34 ft Suncruiser has pair of 2006 19.5 tires on the frt. receipts say they were put on in 2010 and now have 2400 kms on them.Year wise should i change them? i changed all 4 rears last month due to hitting piece of steel on highway i couldnt avoid. now have 14 ply Chinese tires on it.
they are 11 years old and from your post they sat for 4 years in a warehouse somewhere. I would replace them before my next trip.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:52 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replace. If a tire let's go it's the safety factor plus the collateral damage to the RV that can occur.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenvb View Post
Don't rely on the receipt. Walk outside and look at the tires DOT date and verify. Even so—if that date is true—these are your steer tires and they're are only 2 of them and if date is correct are 7 going on 8 years old and no telling how they have been cared for or what they have hit in the past. Since you put out for 4 new rear tires last month, replace the 2 fronts now too and KNOW you're in good shape. Also make sure you air them up properly with the correct PSI according to your weight and I highly recommend a TPMS for monitoring. Everything and everyone's safety is trusting you're riding on dependable tires.

BTW...
Put your MH information into your signature
Take a couple of minutes to fill out your signature with information about your motorhome MH. This will really help in all future posts and you won't have to retype it each time.
You do this by:
1) Going to the top of this page and click the top left tab named “User CP”
2) Look at the menu on the left and scroll down to “Settings & Options” and click “Edit Signature”
3) In that text box type all the information about your MH. Year, model, length, mileage, any aftermarket extras installed and so on.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:18 AM   #6

Ken, Do what makes Trudy feel comfortable. That's why you went from 2 wheels to 6. She has more sense than you do as she is the one always taking you to and from the ER.

How did the garage rebuild come out?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:39 AM   #7

I would suggest replacing them as well. What I have done in the past is put the two best tires on the front, and two worst on outside at the rear. This way if one goes, it wont be the steer tires. Outside tires are easier to change than inside tires. Easier and safer to just change the fronts, then you have all new rubber and are good to go.