Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 PM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
In my youth I have changed a lot of tires on cars. Changing tires on a large class A is crazy. You don't save enough money compared to the injury that may await.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #16

Went in to Loves truck stop in Williams, AZ today to get my dash AC recharged. During the course of conversation, the manager made me a deal on 6 new Michelin XZA3+ installed with balancing beads to replace my 2008 vintage tires.
Took them about 2.5 hours and the charge per tire to install was $35.
To answer the OP's question, there is no way I would even consider doing this myself for 35 bucks.
If your in the area and looking for tires, these folks have a good inventory and very good folks to deal with.
P/S, these tires are date code week 13/2015 and in stock if you're looking.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Even if done correctly a tire can still explode when inflating it.
Yes, it can. But if you're doing it correctly, you have it in a cage or some other type of containment. At my shop, I do them between my dumpster and a concrete block wall. In the field, I've done them under a flat-bed trailer, inside a culvert pipe, or as a last resort, in a field with a 50' hose.