Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2016, 06:56 AM   #15
Commercial Member

If a company is that hard to get to then they may just be a small importer that applies stickers to a generic TPMS. Hope you got a great price.
RE batteries. I would be surprised if you can't get at a Radio Shack or drug store. I got my CR1632 at a Walgreens.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #16

Thanks, I ordered them on amazon 4 delivery at our site. I will replace when I arrive in late July

Old 07-07-2016, 10:28 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post

Hope you got a great price.
RE batteries. I would be surprised if you can't get at a Radio Shack or drug store. I got my CR1632 at a Walgreens.
10 Energizers for $8.00 with free shipping which is a pretty good price that Walgreen's or Radio Shack would be hard pressed to beat.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #18

Yep!
Old 07-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #19

Two years is about the life of the batteries. I bought a dozen or so of the very tiny O-rings from them to replace if needed. I would suggest using a very small amount of silicone grease on them before replacing. When I did batteries, I messed up 3 or 4 of the 10 sensors (coach and toad).
jrusselltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #20
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
10 Energizers for $8.00 with free shipping which is a pretty good price that Walgreen's or Radio Shack would be hard pressed to beat.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I was talking about the price for the TPM system. Sounds like not the best Customer Service.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:31 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post

I was talking about the price for the TPM system. Sounds like not the best Customer Service.
I agree that it may not be the best BUT you don't need a lot of customer service with a product that seldom requires it. In fact most users would be better off dealing with other owners that own the same TPMS and may have come across the same problem.

I own three of these TPMS's, one for the coach/trailer that gets used in my car when I'm not driving the coach, one for my motorcycle and one for my wife's car. Haven't had the need to call customer service about anything other than when I purchased the first TPMS for my coach/trailer/car to replace the one defective sensor and a couple of years later to replace a failed sensor on my way from Alaska to NY.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 07-29-2016, 10:10 PM   #22

Guys: I replaced all the batteries today, was very easy. Mine is the cap type system, just two small screws and it pulls apart. I used pliers to hold the brass end and pulled the plastic "cap" off. I lost one of the screws when I dropped it on the grass, was not even worth looking for it at that point....

One of my tires has a slow leak since I started messing with these, is it possible something is allow air to seep out?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #23

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vegas View Post
Guys: I replaced all the batteries today, was very easy. Mine is the cap type system, just two small screws and it pulls apart. I used pliers to hold the brass end and pulled the plastic "cap" off. I lost one of the screws when I dropped it on the grass, was not even worth looking for it at that point....

One of my tires has a slow leak since I started messing with these, is it possible something is allow air to seep out?

Thanks
Some cap types will leak if the cap is on too tight (gasket bunches up) or the gasket is damaged. Ran into that when I was a Pressure Pro distributor/dealer.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #24

Thanks Mr_D, that makes sense in hindsight. I tightened as much as I could turn. Will try to back off it a bit and look at the gasket. Any idea is the internal gasket can be replaced? From memory, looks like it would be tricky to get out.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:19 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Purchase a set or two of screws and o-rings from Tire SafeGuard to have in case you need screws or o-rings. They are only a couple of bucks per set.

I would highly suggest that you get the missing screw replaced otherwise you will most likely be replacing the entire sensor due to moisture intrusion.

Another suggestion is to replace the batteries while sitting at a table inside and not outside where parts can become easily lost. Also use a tray where you are working to catch any dropped parts.

You must have missed post #14 where I suggested using a spare tire stem for removing the plastic cap by first screwing the sensor onto the stem. Then hold one end of the stem with one hand and hold the plastic cap with the other hand and pull.

Mr D's suggestion in regards to the rubber gasket inside the sensor might possibly be damaged is a good reason for your leak. Or possibly some foreign debris is caught inside preventing the sensor from sealing properly.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 08-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Vegas View Post

Thanks
If you have a slow leak there are only a few possibilities.

1. Small puncture iin the tire itself. Hardest to find as you may need the tire off the vehicle.
2. Leak where valve stem meets the wehhl
3. Leak of valve core

Each of above can easily be found by spraying a soap/water solution on suspect area. I would start with end of valve (no TPM installed)
If no bubbles than move to stem/wheel joint

If no bubbles then tire tread or tire wheel interface.

There is also a possibility that the leak occurs when you screw the TPM on the end of the valve stem.

You can use old WIndex spray bottle. Water and a few drops of dish soap works well.

RE tightening valve core into stem or TPM onto stem. You can over tighten if the treat this like a leaky garden hose. Too tight will damage the small o-ring on the valve core or in the tpms where it seals with the end of the stem.

Screw on till air leak stops then add 1/4 more turn for a snug fit. You should not have to use tools (pliers) to tighten valve cap or TPMS onto the end of valve stem.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
There is a post on YouTube showing how to replace the batteries. You can see it here:

Richard

Tags
ace, battery, replace, replacement