Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
They do, but they are springs or steel bands, not the rubber biscuits.

They make the rubber biscuits for the steel wheels, there is a reference on this site (don't remember the specifics, sorry) to a company that sells the stems and biscuits (rear inside duals only) as a kit for the Ford F-53 with the oval cutouts for example.

I bought a complete 6 stem kit w/biscuits.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #16

I just grabbed my handy tin snips and cut a notch out of my steel rims for the brass extensions to fit into, with lots of room to wobble (but I don't think they do). They were so close to the edge of the rim, I didn't think the rubber cushions would work. The notch was only 1/4" X 1/4".

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
I just grabbed my handy tin snips and cut a notch out of my steel rims for the brass extensions to fit into,...
You must mean the stainless wheel covers...right? If not, where did you buy your tin snips?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Dually Valve makes brass extensions and rubber stabilizers for the F53, Workhorse W20,W22, and W24 chassis.
I had them installed a couple of years ago when I replaced the tires.
Sure makes it easy to add air and check pressure.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
has anyone put a tire monitoring sensor on the valve stem extension?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't believe Dually Valve does extensions. I believe their product is complete sets of long and curved valve stems ...no extensions involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsucajun View Post
Yes. With the stabilizers in place the TPMS sensors are no problem at all. I use TireTracker (also sold as Hawkshead and Tire Minder) which I believe has smaller and lighter sensors than the others.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsucajun View Post
Yes. I had them on the braided steel covered extensions I had before I got the DuallyValve solid extended valve stems.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alilly View Post
You must mean the stainless wheel covers...right? If not, where did you buy your tin snips?
Yes, I mean my stainless steel wheel covers. I used tin spins I got from my Dad's tools when he passed. He'd had them since the '30's. I just snipped a couple of 1/4" long cuts then bent the metal back around to the back of the wheel cover.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #24

Tireman and Borg are two popular solid tire valves/extenders - don't know anyone who switched that didn't ask why they didn't do it sooner. I switched to Tireman - almost eliminated all tire pressure loss and checking now is a snap.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #25

I recently bought the Dually Valve chrome valve stems for the inner and outer rear wheels. They came with the rubber spacers that fit my steel wheels. I also have tire pressuer/tempature monitors mounted. Call the company and talk to them concerning your coach. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. The brass ones cost $110 and the chrome ones I got are $120. I think the phone number is 818-352-8717.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #26
Commercial Member

I'm not sure how good rubber "stabilizers" are. I have steel braded hoses but I made sure the outer ends are solidly mounted.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm not sure how good rubber "stabilizers" are
The rubber stabilizers totally (and very easily) secure the valve stem from moving. And yet are very easy to remove if/when service is needed. They are not going to come out of the wheel/get lost. And if someone did happen to steal one, the valve stem still would be flopping around (it is solid metal!) as some owners have reported happening with their braided extensions that are "fastened" in place. I recently replaced my original factory 3" extensions with 4" versions to better accommodate the stabilizers with the TireTracker sensors on them. The 4" metal extensions were $6 ea from a local truck tire shop. The Accuride stabilizers were $4.45 ea from www.realwheels.com. I didn't like them (too hard to get into place and didn't hold their shape well), and replaced them with the Alcoa version I got though a b-i-l who works a truck fleet. I believe he got 3 for $18 including shipping.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
I use the crossfire system.. Cats eye is similar.. I put one Tiretracker on each
dually . Easy system to use