Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #1

Tires

Does anyone have Geostar tires? I have never heard of them & I'm wondering how their quality & performance is on a DP motor home.

Thanks for any info
countrypair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
We had a fifth wheel prior to the MH and had horrible luck with the Chinese tires that came on it...as did many others. I don't know if MH tires made in China are any better, but I found this during an internet search:

Q: Who makes geostar tires?
A: Geostar is the brand name of a tire distributed by Tireco Inc; The Geostar tire is made by NanKang Rubber Tire Company, a chinese company.

Based on previous experience, I'd be hesitant to use them.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have Hercules on my motor home Love them great price to.These are not cheap tires long haulers use them.
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
X2 on the cheap Chinese/Tiwanese tires. My life and that of
my family is not going to rest on cheap tires. amen.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Chinabombs. No way. If their willing to poison their own baby formula do you really think they worry about killing a few of us in traffic accidents from crap tires? I bought Firestones.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #6

Check out Sumitomo Tires. Very reputable company, one of the larger rubber companies in the world. Japanese, not Chinese.
I switched to them on the advice of a local, family owned truck tire business. They've been in business for 45yrs, and their name is everything, so they can't recommend a loser. They put Sumis on our mh for $300ea, out the door. They've been running them as steer and load tires on almost all of their local truck customers for quite a long time with no issues.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
Check out Sumitomo Tires. Very reputable company, one of the larger rubber companies in the world. Japanese, not Chinese.
I switched to them on the advice of a local, family owned truck tire business. They've been in business for 45yrs, and their name is everything, so they can't recommend a loser. They put Sumis on our mh for $300ea, out the door. They've been running them as steer and load tires on almost all of their local truck customers for quite a long time with no issues.

Jim
What size tires, Jim? Sounds like a good price. I'll be looking for new tires in the spring.
gfs1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #8

I'll read the size when it gets light outside...forget the exact size as it's been awhile. They were a slightly different profile than the Michelins. Circumfrance was within 1/2", I think.
My skeptical mind says that Michelin came up with that specific size to force people to continue to buy their brand because few manufacturers make them in that size.

Jim
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #9

They are ST 727s...size is 255/70 R22.5

Product Specs:
Part #: 5530587
TIRE SIZE: 255/70R22.5
SPEED RATING: H
LOAD RANGE: H
TREAD DEPTH: 16/32 in.
RIM SIZE: 22.5 in.
TIRE HEIGHT: 70