Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2015, 06:50 PM   #1

Unhappy Tires

Need 6 new tires went to rv center ordered all 6 and was install today they installed different size than I ask for plus 2 of the tires that I can see one was made in 2012 and one in 2007 the tires the took of were 2007s I will be back at dealer tomorrow am I wrong to expect newer tires paid $650.00 each Tbarry Ohio

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Demand that they start over. If you ordered a certain size, that is what you should get. If there is some problem with that size, they should have consulted with you on what to do differently. And no, receiving a 3+ year old tire as "new" isn't acceptable.

Why in heavens did you go to an RV place for tires? Excessively high pricing, no tire knowledge, and this sort of shenanigans is all too common. If you need tires, go to a tire shop. And specify what you want, including an acceptable age.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What RV center did you go to?
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #4

tires

I went to my local Camping World . The large truck tire store tried to get tires he only carried Michlens but said my size was on backorder so I went with goodyear . Camping world could gave me choice Bridgestones or Goodyear Tbarry Ohio
Old 09-12-2015, 04:58 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Take it back. This time specify you want tires manufactured in the last year and the size you ordered in writing. This is just another thread that tells me never go close to a camping world.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #6

tires

Just off phone with camping world told me bring unit in they will look at it to see if am reading the dot dates correct then they will decide what to do Tbarry Ohio
Old 09-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ditto above...TAKE THEM BACK!!!! Tire balancing will be your next issue...if they get pissed off at you they may mess that up as well. Road test it and BE SURE it's right...tires are your life...bad one's not properly done can do you in.
Better to schedule tire work at a proper place..in advance. My dealer left my all rear tires at 65psi...30 short of suggested psi.
CW.... = RUN AWAY!!!!!!!
RVM #124
We're the new guys you see at Campground......
2001 Four Winds/ Thor P32 Hurricane 8.1L 31k miles
MarkEmerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #8

I was very disappointed to learn that Tire Rack does not carry tires for Class A motor homes (at least not our size - 22.5 inch). Does anyone know of another good discounter to deal with when buying tires? With car tires, Tire Rack will ship them to any merchant you want and you can them have them mounted, balanced, etc.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
I was very disappointed to learn that Tire Rack does not carry tires for Class A motor homes (at least not our size - 22.5 inch). Does anyone know of another good discounter to deal with when buying tires? With car tires, Tire Rack will ship them to any merchant you want and you can them have them mounted, balanced, etc.

The FMCA national account deal with Michelin makes them much more affordable. Otherwise just look for commercial tire shops. The tire business has pricing that is all over the place. If you go in& personally talk up a sales or store mgr, he might sell you tires at a better level. Theses guys have a lot if pricing latitude.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #10

just came back from Camping World they were very sorry for the problem. They will let me know what they will do to solve it the first of week wish me luck Tbarry Ohio
Old 09-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #11

Even though it might take a 'special order' at the large truck tire dealer that I use, they know what they are doing and I am willing to wait.
Good to hear the CW will take a look at the issue, but they were way out of line to install the tires that they did. Do not give in and let them provide something that is not correct or current date.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
The FMCA national account deal with Michelin makes them much more affordable. Otherwise just look for commercial tire shops. The tire business has pricing that is all over the place. If you go in& personally talk up a sales or store mgr, he might sell you tires at a better level. Theses guys have a lot if pricing latitude.
Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve haven't you been reading the notorious posts about Michelin sidewall cracks.
(IMO, recommending Michelin tires is a dis-service to other RVers).
Mel
'96 Safari, 142 k miles
Old 09-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #13

If they do not make it right, simply charge back the transaction assuming that you used a credit card to make the payment.

Document the age of the tires and the size installed vs. what you ordered/requested.

You should receive full credit back to your account. Camping World knows this so hopefully they will remove and replace the old and incorrect size tires on your unit.

The only reason I bring this up is that CW told you they would get back to you vs. correcting the problem on the spot when you returned to their shop.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel s View Post
Steve haven't you been reading the notorious posts about Michelin sidewall cracks.
(IMO, recommending Michelin tires is a dis-service to other RVers).
Mel
'96 Safari, 142 k miles

I have seen about 100 posts from you on the subject. I don't blame you for being upset by your experience but I have had a completely different experience. My steer tires are Michelin 315/80R22.5. They are approaching their 7th birthday. The sidewalls are completely free of cracks. There are many Michelin's in RV service that have given service like mine.

I have no particular loyalty to Michelin as I have Bridgestones on my drive & tag axles. I'll be in the market for steer tires in the next year or so. I will shop for the best price among 3 or4 major manufacturers.

I make my recommendations based on my experiences not yours.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires