Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
I went through the mis-alignment issue on my last MH. It was used but only had 2500 miles on it so the alignment must be good...right? After I ruined the front tires I had it aligned, towed out 1/4"! When I took delivery of the new Monaco the first place it went was to the alignment shop, it was out but not much.

Dennis_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
If this is a routine issue with newly delivered MH I think the dealer should advise the buyer, especially the first time MH buyers. I have bought many cars and trucks and never had to have them aligned after taking delivery. I have also never sat and read the owner's manual on any of those vehicles, I use them as reference to look up questions.

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #17

After reading the two binders of valuable information-- a book report will be due!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #18

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
If this is a routine issue with newly delivered MH I think the dealer should advise the buyer, especially the first time MH buyers. I have bought many cars and trucks and never had to have them aligned after taking delivery. I have also never sat and read the owner's manual on any of those vehicles, I use them as reference to look up questions.
A agree with you 100%! Of all the cars and trucks that I've owned, I have never read the owner's manual until just the other day a tire blew and I didn't know where the jack was stowed.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Believe me, I will not support Thor or my dealer if neither support me in this. If either does I will shout their virtues to the heavens!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Believe me, I will not support Thor or my dealer if neither support me in this. If either does I will shout their virtues to the heavens!
Looks like you already know where you stand with your dealer.

One down.
Canada, eh?
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkate View Post

A agree with you 100%! Of all the cars and trucks that I've owned, I have never read the owner's manual until just the other day a tire blew and I didn't know where the jack was stowed.

The fact that any so called reputable manufacturer would consider it honest and decent to take your hard earned money for what they are trying to pass off as a quality vehicle, and then make it your fault because you didn't catch the fact that they didn't even have the decency to make sure the wheels were aligned correctly.... is the very reason that I will never buy any kind of motor vehicle brand new.

If this had been done to me, I would never purchase another new vehicle from that manufacturer, and I would never deal with that dealership again.
Before we start throwing Thor under the Motor Home let's see what they have to say. He has not discussed this issue with Thor, only the dealership. It would appear that the wear is excessive for only 5000+ miles. There may be more going on than alignment.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Agree. There is "borrowing a jack" which I am doing. Thor is not a fly-by-night organization and I could assume will do the right thing business and ethics wise.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #23

I have a 2005 Georgie Boy and the owners manual says to have the aliengment checked. I don't think this is just a Thor problem. When cars are built they are complete when aliened. When they put the house on the chassis it adds much more weight. No manufacture aliens the rv after they are complete.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
I understand getting it checked routinely but I had to warning or idea that I needed to do it as soon as I drove it off the dealer's lot.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #25

Upon contact with Thor, if they give you any hassle....ask them to explain just how proper loading will create the tire wear you have experienced. I do not know if you have independent or straight axle....but you can not load a straight axle to cause such wear....the only way remotely possible with an independent suspension would be to have the rear loaded to the point, the frt tires had almost zero load on them. I see no way possible any reputable manufacture would attempt to not cover this repair(that is unless you have suspension damage)
Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #26

Quote:
I understand getting it checked routinely but I had to warning or idea that I needed to do it as soon as I drove it off the dealer's lot.
Well I'm with you ,,, who would figure that after paying a fortune for a new rv that it wasn't ready to go on the road ?? That is just nuts !!!
monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Seems I may have unnecessarily worried. I talked to Thor who was supportive. They cannot imagine the tires wearing to much in 5900 miles. They want me to take it to get the alignment checked then will take next steps for resolution. The local Ford dealer does big truck alignments but not MH. I called the MH dealer back to get a recommendation and they stepped up to bat; they gave me a recommendation, set up an appointment for today and said they will do all the coordination and paperwork between the tire dealer and Thor.

More as it develops.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #28

Hope all goes well any trouble as I said call Ray's