Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2019, 05:15 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Togo Roadlink or Winegard equipment

Has anyone or anyone using Togo roadlink wi-fi/internet connection? Or winegard. Which one works best ? Hitting road full time and in need of wi-fi and internet in class A motor home.
Jhsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2019, 05:54 AM   #2

The TOGO and the Winegard (connect 2.0) are both Winegard units.
The difference is that the Winegard Connect 2.0 can be used with whatever carrier you choose, while the TOGO is locked to AT&T.

We have the TOGO, and we chose it because of the $30 per month unlimited data plan. We have found that it works well (as a matter of fact I'm using it right now for internet access). We stream live television through our ROKU. We have a security camera in our RV that requires WiFi connection. I upload videos to YouTube, play online video games, etc. All without a hitch.

We haven't turned on our Dish satellite since I installed the TOGO.

Quality of connection depends on the data carrier, but I would guess the Connect 2.0 would work just as well, since they are essentially the same units.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Noticed you are kinda new on the forum and couldn't remember if I had welcomed you!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:40 AM   #4

Tks JRocker, exactly what I’m looking for.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #5

Tks , you to
Old 11-19-2019, 05:23 AM   #6

We've had the TOGO for 2 months now and our experience is the same as jrocker's. We use it for internet access and Roku. We have not used Dish since installing it. I leave mine on because it amplifies my house wifi, allowing me to use it out in my shop where my MH is stored.
rgriff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:38 AM   #7

Who did the installation? How hard is it for a non-mechanical smuck to attempt. Really don't like the thought of drilling holes in my rig.
Old 11-22-2019, 06:27 AM   #8

I did the installation myself. Wasn't hard at all. I used Dicor self-leveling caulk over the screws and EternaBond over the wires to secure them (not absolutely necessary). I then fished the wires into the coach via the refrigerator vent, then under the galley cabinet where I tied into a 12V hot wire and ground behind the light and pump switch. I installed the switch beneath the fan switch at the same location. The instructions that come with the TOGO tell you what size hole to drill and with careful measuring for position it looks great.

Setting up the data service is simple. Just scan a QR code with your phone or type in a URL and follow the prompt. If I can do it anybody can!
rgriff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:56 AM   #9

I also did my own installation and it was pretty easy. Like rgriff11, I used self leveling caulk on the Togo itself and held the wires down with Eternabond Tape. I used the existing hole for the co-ax cable for the satellite dish for the electrical wires for the Togo.
We park the coach next to our house and use the Togo for all of our internet. I have not tried a streaming service, but perhaps I should based on what several people are saying.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:47 PM   #10

I’m not comfortable tying into current wiring. Can I use this to attach the TOGO to and then just plug it in?
https://www.amazon.com/110V-220V-Con.../dp/B073QTNF9F
dlvgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #11

dlvgolf,
Did exactly that with my Togo. Works great.
Harvey
hvstorck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #12

I'm also interested in the Togo or Winegard: Has anyone used their own SIM card (AT&T in a Togo or Winegard Connect 2.0 or Verizon in the Winegard Connect 2.0)?

Winegard (the company) told me that for streaming, the Togo would be the better choice due to the plan, which isn't available in the Winegard Connect, for some reason. I'd like the Winegard connect so I could have the choice of a Verizon or AT&T SIM card.

I currently have the Mobley with the $20/month unlimited plan and would like to just slip the Mobley SIM card into the Winegard/Togo slot and keep it going.....
Old 12-13-2019, 05:45 PM   #13

Do you purchase the TOGO and then work with AT&T for the service plan?
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 02:06 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motang View Post
Do you purchase the TOGO and then work with AT&T for the service plan?
Yes, they have two plans that are exclusive for TOGO users. Most go for the $360 per year truly unlimited plan. Everything is connected through the app that controls your TOGO, but you don't have to subscribe as part of the setup. You can get your data plan whenever you want.