Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #43

Mid Atlantic Campers
Is this a macerator or a stinky slinky thread?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Why the question? They both dispose of toilet paper quite well.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, so we know there in no definitive answer to which TP is best. Now the most important question: Roll so it unrolls from top or bottom?
2003 Winne Adventurer, Ford F53 V-10. Toad:1992 S-10, Road Master Falcon 2 Tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system and Protect-a-Tow. Right is right even if no one is doing it; Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it--St Augustine of Hippo. Navy (ret).
navychaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:31 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
I prefer looking at the top versus anything that starts from the bottom/rear.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 04-21-2014, 03:34 PM   #47
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by navychaps View Post
Ok, so we know there in no definitive answer to which TP is best. Now the most important question: Roll so it unrolls from top or bottom?
I am sure glad you asked this question. Maybe we can get this settled as well. MY DW is constantly on my case all the time because 50% of the time I get it wrong. She insists the proper way is it should unroll from the bottom. I install the roll however it happens to be when I install it.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Don,

Well you tell your DW that she is dead wrong!

It MUST unroll from the top. That way it is easily accesible even if you spin the roll any direction.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #49

YEAH Right!! You can tell his wife shes wrong. BWAHAHA! I have a thing that washes your backside. As far as TP is concerned, we use Costco Kirkland brand. Its cheap and falls apart long before you are done using it.
Passin Thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #50

I agree will Dr4Film. It MUST unroll from the top. It sounds like an engineering product requirements specification. However, in my worldly travels all of the high hotels that I have stayed at always have had the paper unroll from the top. The end was always folded into a nice design or imprinted with some type of hotel seal. I never really paid attention until one day I noticed at a friends house and the paper was the other way. I guess they did not read the fine print. Even it they did who really cares? When your in that position as long as there is paper the job MUST get done. Damn those engineering requirements again!

-Brian
cowrv39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #51

Carolina Campers
Toilet Paper

Look at how the TP is in fancy Hotels, always on the top, with the edges turned back so it is in a point in front. If it is a real fancy Hotel there may even be a fancy seal to show it is fresh....

Yep, that is how it must be done to make it look professional.

Now, what the towels.... Single fold, or thirds, with hand towel and wash cloth (not rag) centered or at the side of the towel....

Then we can tackle the more important things like the toothpaste tube. Oh what dilemmas we face that can either make or brake a union of the better halves....
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #52

First things first. Does it pass the finger test? Last thing I want in the RV or at home is to be wiping and have my finger go right through the TP and plow into a glob of warm poo. How do they even get away with putting that cheap stuff on the market.
SissyBoyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #53

The correct answer depends if you have little children or grandchildren. If you do you install it so it unrolls from the back, so when the little ones go in the bathroom and spin the roll over and over again the tp stays rolled up on the roll and not all over the bathroom floor. Worked with my kids and now with my grandkids.
Bamashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamashell View Post
The correct answer depends if you have little children or grandchildren. If you do you install it so it unrolls from the back, so when the little ones go in the bathroom and spin the roll over and over again the tp stays rolled up on the roll and not all over the bathroom floor. Worked with my kids and now with my grandkids.

You have that right..
2003 Newmar Kountry Star 3905, Freightliner XC chassis with CAT 330. Winnie the black lab, pretty Airbus captain wife, retired airline pilot with 11 grandkids. UH-1 pilot (Huey) U.S. Army 1967-1983. RVN 68-69. Northern Idaho my summer home.
calhyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SissyBoyBob View Post

First things first. Does it pass the finger test? Last thing I want in the RV or at home is to be wiping and have my finger go right through the TP and plow into a glob of warm poo. How do they even get away with putting that cheap stuff on the market.
RV Toilet paper will NEVER pas the finger test. That's why I never buy it.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 04-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #56

Fleetwood Owners Club
TP has to be unrolled to the front .. My cat told me this