Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #1

Toilet trouble

We have a 2002 HR Rambler Endeavor. When we turned the water back on this spring after storing it for the winter it won't stop running in the toilet. It overflows into the floor unless we push the button to release it into the tank. We are having to shut the water off and manually turn it in and off each time. Any ideas as to how to fix this?
Ps, we are new to Rving

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Matney.....I'm not sure how to solve the issue but be patient there will be someone that will read this and have a solution for you.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #3

Could the valve have been damaged by freezing.

BTW if you give full details of the toilet, then all those members who know the toilet but not the motorhome will be able to give advice.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sounds like a freezing issue to me. Did you winterize your MH (blow out the water lines or pump the pink stuff through them)? If not, there was probably water at the valve that froze. As noted, depending upon the toilet, you may be able just to replace that part, or you may get the fun of replacing the whole throne.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:05 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't know what model of toilet that you have but I just finished replacing the water valve on my Thetford Aqua Magic Plus toilet. It continued to fill whenever the pump was on or I was connected to water via the hose. It was a simple fix. Had to pull the toilet, replace the water valve and the flush lever. Replaced the floor gasket when I reinstalled the toilet. Total time (not including purchase of the valve) was about 1 hour.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I had the same problem with our last coach. The replacement valve came with a new floor flange. While I was changing the valve I put a shut off in the line to the toilet. The coach didn't have one so we had to keep the water to the entire coach off until we needed to use the toilet until the valve was replaced. In our new coach I put shut offs in each supply line.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:01 PM   #7

Thanks, we did winterized it with the pink stuff!
Old 04-26-2015, 03:02 PM   #8

This sounds like what is going on with ours. I'll have to check the model. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matney View Post
This sounds like what is going on with ours. I'll have to check the model. Thanks for your help!
The model tag on mine is facing the wall. Had to use flashlight and mirror to read the model number and order parts.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:42 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My last three motorhomes all have had Thetford porcelain toilets, with finicky valves that fail quickly.

They all eventually stopped shutting off, and produced the exact same overflow result you mentioned, (if not watched). My current model is a Thetford Aqua Magic II.

I tried the valve replacement route twice. However, the replacement valve always went bad within a few months.

The annoying trick that works is just gently pushing up on the foot pedal after every flush, making sure the water flow has stopped.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:55 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You would think that Thetford would figure this out instead of just letting it go...Maybe they like selling water valves...?
Old 07-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #12

Same problem with my thedford toilet. Would not stop flushing. I have removed the valve just 2 screws, unscrewed water line, pulled lever going to valve. All was easy without removing toilet. When shaking valve I can here rattling. something probably has broken inside valve not allowing it to shut off. I have heard valves are easy to find, we will see. Thedford bravura model 31122 on my 2003 fleetwood Bounder.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #13

Thanks! Let me know how the valve replacement goes. I may try that myself if it's not to complicated .
Old 07-28-2015, 12:34 AM   #14

Cool

Your welcome
just ordered part online. Much cheaper than the rv stores.