Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Playing Devil's advocate, cleaning up the rig before you view it gives them an opportunity to hide potential problem areas.

2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Playing Devil's advocate, cleaning up the rig before you view it gives them an opportunity to hide potential problem areas.
Maybe . I guess my reasoning is if you or I decided to sell our coach, wouldn't we clean it up, polish it, make it look as nice as we can for potential buyers? It is up to the buyer to do a sufficient enough inspection, ask enough of the right questions to discover problems. Surely, if one wants to be really deceptive, you can try and cover up issues.

Bottom line, though, they seem to be much better than most. Just another example of their willingness to do the right thing:

It was understood that they provided no warranty on a used coach. Unless you were buying an 'as is' coach, they agreed to fix anything found during the PDI. However, once you accepted the coach (they do a thorough PDI with you), you were on your own. We did purchase an ESP for the coach only.

We accepted the coach and spent two days in a campground across from their place (they paid for that) to switch stuff from our traded coach. On the second day, DW discovered the clothes dryer was very noisy...made a strange grinding noise.
We called TJ's and they sent a tech over within 10 minutes. He said dryer needed to be repaired or replaced and we should bring the coach back on Monday (this was on a Saturday). I figured they would repair/replace using our ESP and charge us the deductible. However, they simply put a new dryer in the coach, no charge, and sent us on our way.

Later that week while at Myrtle Beach, the door awning started to act up so we stopped by TJ's on the way home to have them check it. They did and made some adjustments to make it work and sent us on our way, no charge. Two weeks later we got a call from them saying the new motor for the awning was there and wanted to know when we could come back to have it replaced. We planned a short trip which included an appointment there. Awning motor replaced, no charge.

So, even though they said after the PDI there was no warranty, they fixed these things. They may have used my ESP to cover the costs but, if they did, they did not ask me to pay the deductible.

I would certainly deal with them again.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
Maybe . I guess my reasoning is if you or I decided to sell our coach, wouldn't we clean it up, polish it, make it look as nice as we can for potential buyers? It is up to the buyer to do a sufficient enough inspection, ask enough of the right questions to discover problems. Surely, if one wants to be really deceptive, you can try and cover up issues.
Like selling S&B with all the cars on blocks setting in the front yard?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
We purchased a used coach (Diplomat) and had engine problems after the used warranty had run out and they split the cost ( $4k ) with us even though they didn't have to and the work was done by Cummins so they had no control over the cost. Made for positive feeling for my part
Mike D
Old 10-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #19

Well, we went today and had a look around. We found a Country Coach that we like. The salesman was a lot of help and very friendly. As one poster said, the coach had not been cleaned as the outside was filthy with green stiff growing in some areas. The inside however was almost immaculate. It ran out great but will need new tires and some other item that TJ said would be taken care of if we decide to purchase.

Does anyone know where I can find a CC brochure? I can't seem to find any on the CC website. I'll post this question on the CC owners page too.

Thanks for all the replys.
bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassrv View Post
Well, we went today and had a look around. We found a Country Coach that we like. The salesman was a lot of help and very friendly. As one poster said, the coach had not been cleaned as the outside was filthy with green stiff growing in some areas. The inside however was almost immaculate. It ran out great but will need new tires and some other item that TJ said would be taken care of if we decide to purchase.

Does anyone know where I can find a CC brochure? I can't seem to find any on the CC website. I'll post this question on the CC owners page too.

Thanks for all the replys.
IRV2 has a CC owners area. Post questions about the coach there. There is a link at the top of the forum where you can get brochures.

Some of the things that come to mind are finding out if the coach has the 'wet PTO' upgrade and see if it has an aluminum radiator or the bolted-together steel radiator. The aluminum rads on CC's had a high failure rate and they later switched to steel.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote