Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #29
Never Too Old

We jumped into Rving and fulltime on my 80th birthday this August. We bought a 1999 DP Allegro Bus with 53,000 miles for $54,000, which was just about the same as the 4 day hospital cost to tell me I had cancer. Sold or stored the stuff and have hit the road. By the way, we have a 93 year old uncle who is still RVing in his DP. We are presently parked with a lake view in John Prince Park, Lake Worth, Florida.

Brooke & Bob Peterson
Maxwell and Chudleigh (Security Staff)

icominc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #30
Winnebago Owners Club
Health is the key factor,if your health is good go for it,we are in our early 70's and have been full timing for 3 years and hope to continue for at least another 3 after that we will likely rent/buy a small home

Barry and Glennice, Kit and Kaboodle (Lhaso Apso's)
2008 Winnebago Tour WD, GMC Terrain toad
bgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
While I agree with most of these posts, there will be some who consider themselves still fit to drive a 22-30000 pound motorhome of tow a like sized trailer...but in fact are NOT fit to make the decisions and have the responses needed to control such a monster. At that time there has to be someone who can control the situation and take the keys away...which is NOT easy. But I commend those who ARE fit enough to enjoy the golden years and i hope to be spry enough to enjoy mine. We are 72&70 with two adopted teens who are wheelchair dependent, and mostly total care. We have a chair lift on the side of our MH so they can be moved in and out and it is there in case either of us also needs assistance. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
iRV2 No Limits Club
We have met a couple just starting out in full time, and they were in their 90's!

One other question: How old will you be in 5 years if you don't start traveling?
Camping Rig: 2006 Outback 27 RSDS--
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
Full time since June 2006
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #33
We have been F/T for 31/2 years, I am 70 DW a little behind me. We are F/T volunteers, where we help build churches, work at Christian conference centers and camps, work with Christian organizations to repair or rebuild facilities, Disaster Relief facilities and other charitable organizations needing help.

We both have health issues (diabetes, breast cancer) but manage to do okay with God's help and prayers from all the Christian friends we have met.

We plan to F/T until our health stops us and then we hope to get a park model.

My vote is to go for it!
2002 Fleetwood Revolution 38B
2006 Honda CR-V Air Force One
waroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #34
Freightliner Owners Club
It's your bucket list. If RVing is your desire....then do it. These things always seem to have a way of working themselves out. It's good that your thinking ahead and it seems you have the sense of knowing when the time comes to look for other options. I hope you enjoy the heck out of yourselves until then!!
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #35
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Wife and I are 71 and plan on keeping our paid-for stick house for our fall-back... We are planning on trying workkamping for 4-5 months each summer until we decide to quit the RV lifestyle... Plan on 2014 being our jumping-off summer for this.

We have a 38' diesel pusher with 4 slides so space won't be a issue... We spent all of past July traveling 4K miles in it with two grandkids so we know we can manage for extended periods in it...
We tried workkamping the first year. Didn't like it, if we wanted to work that hard we would have stand in our jobs. We then went to volunteering in state parks. Great location wherever you volunteer, great people you meet, rangers are great to us, FHU sites in the most beautiful areas in any state, no real work involved. You can't go wrong and they need the help.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #36
We have been FT for 2 years and are going too Alaska this summer total trip 10,700 miles. I am 70 and DGF is 67, so it is a state of mind and your health of course. We will stay on the road as long as we can or until we don't find it fun anymore. We volunteer in state parks around the country and love it. Give it a try you won't regret it and they need the help.
The two of us and Kota, a 25 lbs Teddy Bear breed, makes three. Living the life in a 41 Fleetwood Providence pulling a Ford F150. Our trip of a lifetime 2014 Alaska all the way to Fairbanks. unbelievable beauty . as you go by.
nbargolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #37
met a guy in bushnell fla (blueberry hill) last year brand new motor home
90 some years old sharp as a needle

awesome man guess nobody told him he could not do it

drive safe

manitou is offline   Reply With Quote