Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #15

BTW these are the units I am looking into:

Used 2008 Travel Supreme 42DL24 RV For Sale In REDCLIFF AB - autoTRADER.ca

And

Used 2005 Monaco Executive 43PBQ RV For Sale In RED DEER AB - autoTRADER.ca

I am leaning advantage Executive ... need some energy to put me back to deuce!
andrewkluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IMO, Monaco had some of the best exterior color schemes. Not too many swirls and hooks and a lot of greens and tans, two of my favorite colors.

Looking at the links, that TS is surely a fine looking coach. The detail on their woodwork is really good. We looked at a 2005 40' TS before getting the coach we now have and was really impressed with it. However, I was hot for a tag axle so did not pursue it.

To the OP, please let us know how it works out and if you get one of those.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #17

Not a bad problem, having to choose between these two coaches.

If one of the interiors is suited more to your living style, that could be the nudge to move you towards one.

If the answer is you like them both interiors wise, and nothing else makes one coach in better condition then the other (Maintenance records available?) - then I would lean towards the Executive.

Yes, it is an older unit. But the ISM500 with 3 Stage Jake along with the S chassis - make this a very nice combo. The extra space is hard to argue with, and it is amazing how quick you fine you really need that extra space!

Not knock the TS, and the ISL is a fine engine... But, the extra effortless power of the ISM500 provides a safety edge, and I would suspect yield comparable, if not better, MPG.

But, it's you coin, spend it on what you think fits your needs the best....

Good luck, and regardless of which one you go with - have fun!!
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Both very beautiful coaches and I wish I had the problem of choosing between the two!!

The pictures in the Monaco ad are considerably higher quality than the Travel Supreme.

Three year age difference and 3 times the mileage (or kilometerage) on the Monaco. I know with a diesel that is not a major concern as long as maintenance is done but that is three more years being exposed to the elements which affect sealants, finishes and systems. Many more kilometers of bouncing the house down the road (not that it really bounces) but it adds to the overall wear and tear on the chassis and coach.

I would be partial to a newer, lower mileage coach if all else were equal.

Good luck with your choice!!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:53 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
My take on the Monaco is that it has a Whirlpool AC domestic fridge, not the Never Cold 3 way. This would be the clincher for me. We have an 04 Signature with the same fridge shown in the photos. Just because of all the fires they have had with the NorCold 3way fridge, I'd pass on the TS.

The Monaco S chassis is the best riding one on the market. The TS has a Spartan which is also good, but can't approach the Monaco. The Monaco cabinet work and build is still better than the TS. Only thing I see in favor of the TS is the stacked W/D and it's newer.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
My wife would only consider the Executive because the galley is much more suitable to a cook.

One needs counter space and cabinet space if on board meals are planned IMHO.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
My wife would only consider the Executive because the galley is much more suitable to a cook.

One needs counter space and cabinet space if on board meals are planned IMHO.
I totally agree!! The kitchen space is much more suitable for cooking! I will do the cooking mostly so I prefer the Executive for that reason.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_rep View Post
My take on the Monaco is that it has a Whirlpool AC domestic fridge, not the Never Cold 3 way. This would be the clincher for me. We have an 04 Signature with the same fridge shown in the photos. Just because of all the fires they have had with the NorCold 3way fridge, I'd pass on the TS.

The Monaco S chassis is the best riding one on the market. The TS has a Spartan which is also good, but can't approach the Monaco. The Monaco cabinet work and build is still better than the TS. Only thing I see in favor of the TS is the stacked W/D and it's newer.
Great point! ... I never considered that at all!
Thank you very much!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecan1 View Post
Both very beautiful coaches and I wish I had the problem of choosing between the two!!

The pictures in the Monaco ad are considerably higher quality than the Travel Supreme.

Three year age difference and 3 times the mileage (or kilometerage) on the Monaco. I know with a diesel that is not a major concern as long as maintenance is done but that is three more years being exposed to the elements which affect sealants, finishes and systems. Many more kilometers of bouncing the house down the road (not that it really bounces) but it adds to the overall wear and tear on the chassis and coach.

I would be partial to a newer, lower mileage coach if all else were equal.

Good luck with your choice!!
In all honesty ... that was one of the major reasons I am torn. Had it been the other way around (Monaco 2008 and TS 2005), there would have been no question at all! But still, I think the Executive is a much better build and quality than the TS. I am swaying towards the executive!
Thanks!!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
... Yes, it is an older unit. But the ISM500 with 3 Stage Jake along with the S chassis - make this a very nice combo. The extra space is hard to argue with, and it is amazing how quick you fine you really need that extra space! ...
Good luck, and regardless of which one you go with - have fun!!
Smitty
That is exactly the reason I am considering and feeling that a 3 years older executive is better than the TS. The S Chassis, ISM 500, more space, and really good quality cabinet woodworking!

Thanks!!

Tags
monaco, travel, travel supreme